BlackBox 1/6 Guess Me Series - "REPLICANT KILLER"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already paid a 20% deposit on this thing with KG Hobby when it was first announced... now I wonder, is it worth paying the last 80$ plus $26 shipping for this...? ...I have the Supermadtoys version on preorder as well.

me too, give up the deposit and get the mad toys, or pay the figure and think about it later. i have yet ordered the madtoys simply because this is hanging.

I have both preordered hoping that one would have a decent clothing set to go with Pettersen's sculpt. I would definitely like to see more photos of the Blackbox version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The underlying sculpt still looks pretty decent to me, and only needs a much better repaint. But I'm not sure what you could do about the fur on the coat, which looks completely out of scale now and nothing like how it should.

With the other version being a more limited run (like the custom outfits offered on this site), I get the sense the final figures will end up looking much more like the proto they're showing.

Mine is en route as we speak, but to be honest, look again at the proto pics. The collar was always this large, so it might just be a question of futzing because the proto looked decent for the price.

The underlying sculpt still looks pretty decent to me, and only needs a much better repaint. But I'm not sure what you could do about the fur on the coat, which looks completely out of scale now and nothing like how it should.

With the other version being a more limited run (like the custom outfits offered on this site), I get the sense the final figures will end up looking much more like the proto they're showing.

Super mad is more limited?

Super mad is more limited?
At least that's what they say
2075109caa1641b835f57360ba948473.jpg

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Quick update, no pictures, sorry.

Just got this and the pictures are very misleading. Head is actually very good. The coat is the right color (green), wrong material but the size is very good. It was improved from proto. It even has the markings in the back.
Really an awesome figure for the price. Only bad thing about it is the KO body which is a little floppy. Otherwise, absolutely no regrets!

Just got this and the pictures are very misleading. Head is actually very good. The coat is the right color (green), wrong material but the size is very good. It was improved from proto. It even has the markings in the back.
Really an awesome figure for the price. Only bad thing about it is the KO body which is a little floppy. Otherwise, absolutely no regrets!

Sounds great. Post pics if you get a chance.

Awesome news thanks! I've learned to wait to get a figure in hand before making snap judgments based on the first quick photos that are shown. I should be getting mine very soon then.

Yes, it's a great figure. The sculpt IMHO is almost perfect. I love the coat. I still haven't figured out how to close it though. One of the buttons is a real functioning button but the rest is still a mystery. I have only had time to look quickly at the figure and accessories, but I bet you won't regret buying it. There was definitely picture distortions in the pics we've been shown. The hands and nails are painted too (although color isn't a perfect match with the face skintone. Overall, I'd say it almost up there with HT. He even has a mole on the left side of his forehead. Truly great for the price.

Now if only we could have a young Deckard of that quality...:(

I'd like to see it repainted. Getting those Eugene Levy catterpillers off of his forehead would be a good start.

but from the one picture posted, looks to me like the whole thing got distorted and warped in the factory.

Yes, it's a great figure. The sculpt IMHO is almost perfect. I love the coat. I still haven't figured out how to close it though. One of the buttons is a real functioning button but the rest is still a mystery. I have only had time to look quickly at the figure and accessories, but I bet you won't regret buying it. There was definitely picture distortions in the pics we've been shown. The hands and nails are painted too (although color isn't a perfect match with the face skintone. Overall, I'd say it almost up there with HT. He even has a mole on the left side of his forehead. Truly great for the price.

Now if only we could have a young Deckard of that quality...:(

Would you mind posting photos?

**16k** said:
I love the coat. I still haven't figured out how to close it though. One of the buttons is a real functioning button but the rest is still a mystery...

There is a button for the collar tab, a button for the left lapel and a tiny slit in the jacket near the lower right hand pocket to put the put the hook on the waist in. :)

I was pleased when I saw the figure in hand. The eyebrows on the sculpt definitely need toning down and the eyes need repainting, but the sculpt looks fairly good to me. The "shearling" on the jacket could do with trimming or replacing, though.

Supermad or Black Box?

So I got mine today...meh. This is only my second 1:6 figure from a company other than Hot Toys and I gotta say...damn I wish Hot Toys would’ve made a K. Right out of the box its just not what I’m used to, after a bit of futzing it’s slightly better. The paint is pretty flat and I got cross eyes although the sculpt itself is pretty good. The worst part is the body: very floppy, head doesn’t stay on, and one forearm keeps popping off. Shirt, pants, and gun are pretty good quality. I think I found a pose that works and hides the figure’s weaknesses so he might just stay that way forever. I’d give this guy a C+. I have the other unlicensed K on preorder but not sure if I’m done with the unlicensed figures. Anyways I’m sure what you guys really want are the pictures. I didn’t feel like it was worth the effort trying to button the coat you’ll see my had in one of them haha.

b7d4d9919dfe2df2a5e3b016723ab83c.jpg

16b397b41ae9f1f05c2d828eb4f8cb60.jpg

21abec61176119dda40ebe79763dce20.jpg

dd4c91832f16e4b1074363787c9cf759.jpg

BlackBox 1/6 Guess Me Series - "REPLICANT KILLER"

Thanks for the pics, joebad! With the jacket collar up he reminds me of the turtle-neck character from the Bazooka Joe comics.

sc00050e1901.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back