Premium Format Black Widow premium format Comic Version +White Costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow premium format Comic Version

she's tryna figure out how to sling the weapon with no sling. :dance

Is it me or is her expression just really blank?!!

Yeah I'm not really sure what they were going for with this piece. The pose, the base, the expression, the exclusive, etc... Nothing really compliments each other.

Perhaps I'll get a custom open hand sculpted for this as I feel like it would be a better option than the knife or pistol. Realistically I would not carry a giant sniper rifle in one hand and then pull out my pistol, how the hell would I fire my sniper rifle then? If you have to resort to pulling out the pistol, that means you've run out of ammo for your rifle and you should dump it. Even if you are preparing for close quarters combat a rifle is not going to help you so you should dump it. I feel like they could've done better with the art direction by having her in a pose with two hands on the sniper rifle. This is one of the few sculpts from Tim that I feel is a miss (pose and art direction wise) and that's unfortunate because I need this in my avengers comic collection. Still love you though Tim!

Perhaps I'll get a custom open hand sculpted for this as I feel like it would be a better option than the knife or pistol. Realistically I would not carry a giant sniper rifle in one hand and then pull out my pistol, how the hell would I fire my sniper rifle then? If you have to resort to pulling out the pistol, that means you've run out of ammo for your rifle and you should dump it. Even if you are preparing for close quarters combat a rifle is not going to help you so you should dump it. I feel like they could've done better with the art direction by having her in a pose with two hands on the sniper rifle. This is one of the few sculpts from Tim that I feel is a miss (pose and art direction wise) and that's unfortunate because I need this in my avengers comic collection. Still love you though Tim!

But, but, but that might cover up her twins :rolleyes2

lol, i don't really care that much about accentuating certain assets. She's an assassin so I feel like that's secondary to the charcter anyway.

lol, i don't really care that much about accentuating certain assets. She's an assassin so I feel like that's secondary to the charcter anyway.

Its was hard to see my sarcasm in my post but it was there. Totally agree with you and all of your valid points.

Sorry guys, I think this piece looks weak. They haven't captured a character essence at all. I think this is a low effort in just launching a piece of a$$ in skin tight gear to make a quick buck.

And the fact she has that massive gun drawn out with that little knife is a tad ridiculous.

knife would work fine if they just turned it down rather than up. Does look awkward turned up.
Outside of that I think it looks fantastic. Holy **** with the form fitting mixed media. Give that tailor a ****ing raise.... :monkey1
... and Tim always comes thru with the chicks. He's money with the curves.

I'll give it bonus points since she's not on a step with her knee bent outwards.

She's on a slope with her knee bent inwards.... !

Taking a massive risk there SS!!! Seriously though it's better than the movie PF. I don't think the Gun and Knife work very well though.

The massive gun kind of takes a bit of elegance away from it.

I'll give it bonus points since she's not on a step with her knee bent outwards.

She's on a slope with her knee bent inwards.... !

Taking a massive risk there SS!!! Seriously though it's better than the movie PF. I don't think the Gun and Knife work very well though.

The massive gun kind of takes a bit of elegance away from it.

I really like the rifle. It would have had a much better effect if she were two handing it. But I really like the sculpt and the slightly different pose. It looks as though she were surprised by something mid stride.

I really like the rifle. It would have had a much better effect if she were two handing it. But I really like the sculpt and the slightly different pose. It looks as though she were surprised by something mid stride.

I like the rifle, just not the actual rifle (if you know what I mean). Something a bit more thin and nimble might have fit better although I get the whole "massive" gun angle for the character.

I think its a pretty statue over all. The two pistols or two knife pose might have worked slightly better (for me). If they had made the rifle the switch out hand it could have given another display option as opposed to it being an afterthought.

I like it though. I always love the comic stuff.

Price is indeed getting a little high for my liking. Some statues like Scarlet Witch & Vision is not worth $350. Now it's another $10 for PFs. Over the last year, statue price has rosed close to 17% or more.

Once prices start peaking to 20%, I will limit what I have to spent. I would just like ssc to release all the big hitters before I limit my buying. I doubt it will ever happen.

Then just don't buy 2 of every sexy statues like lady death, red Sonja, vampi, etc. :rotfl this way you can buy many more statues just no need for twins. :wave

Knife is the Ex so both will have a pistol.

Wow the reg is better than the ex in my opinion. The pistol looks nice with the big gun.

Ordered, going to sell my Bowen Black Widow to help pay for this. Upgrading from one Miller BW to another :)

Good choice! Nice move! :clap btw don't you get these for half price since you are a SS approved comic shop? That would be the best deal ever. We can be best friends! :wink1::wink1::wink1:

Back