Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone I can not explain why we have not been exposed parts PF Gollum and Mordor Orc PF Comic Con's show?

Sideshow slap often has this line in this show, normally a lot of people come to ask not to start new lines, this attention has been shown this is nonsense. I do not understand when Marvel, Star Wars, DC, etc. ........... if you have been exposed and also some advances in future pieces.

It runs left Dioramas lines, Bustos Legendary happens now touches the Premium Format?

All the display spaces at SDCC are taken up with mainly Marvel and Star Wars stuff...... Sideshow probably ain't have any display space left for LOTR items besides the Maquette line...

At least they bothered to display the Maquettes..... Looking good for that line. All hopes not lost yet.

LOL they didn't even display this. A whitewash for PF collectors.

No kidding. I emailed SS concerning the entire LOTR PF fiasco at SDCC and I made mention of the fact they didn't even bring a single PF with them to the show...which is pretty amazing when you consider the Mordor Orc is scheduled to ship in two months and the reg. edition isn't sold out yet. So much for giving those on the fence an in hand look. :cuckoo:

No kidding. I emailed SS concerning the entire LOTR PF fiasco at SDCC and I made mention of the fact they didn't even bring a single PF with them to the show...which is pretty amazing when you consider the Mordor Orc is scheduled to ship in two months and the reg. edition isn't sold out yet. So much for giving those on the fence an in hand look. :cuckoo:

Feels like a write off to me. Perhaps LOTR PFs are dead or dying, existing planned pieces (some of them) are bring upgraded (Sauron, RWOS) and they are pushing the maquettes full force.

Feels like a write off to me. Perhaps LOTR PFs are dead or dying, existing planned pieces (some of them) are being upgraded (Sauron, RWOS) and they are pushing the maquettes full force.

Feels like a write off to me. Perhaps LOTR PFs are dead or dying, existing planned pieces (some of them) are being upgraded (Sauron, RWOS) and they are pushing the maquettes full force.

Some of these larger than life characters may be promoted to LSF status, but the PF line isn't going anywhere. The remaining members of the fellowship, and Saruman are in the planning stages and anyway you slice it the PF line is easily the most popular LOTR line SS has ever produced...by a longshot.

Some of these larger than life characters may be promoted to LSF status, but the PF line isn't going anywhere. The remaining members of the fellowship, and Saruman are in the planning stages and anyway you slice it the PF line is easily the most popular LOTR line SS has ever produced...by a longshot.

:exactly::goodpost:

I don't think this line is done at all, and I will be looking forward to getting the Black Orc, but I think I can safely say that I will be looking forward to a return to the Fellowship after this character. I know that Saruman is in the offing too, but I hope that we get Gimli, Boromir and the rest of the Hobbits before any more secondary or tertiary characters like these for a while.

:exactly::goodpost:

I don't think this line is done at all, and I will be looking forward to getting the Black Orc, but I think I can safely say that I will be looking forward to a return to the Fellowship after this character. I know that Saruman is in the offing too, but I hope that we get Gimli, Boromir and the rest of the Hobbits before any more secondary or tertiary characters like these for a while.

I agree. And I think after the RWOS, Sauron, and Saruman we're going to see SS revert back to the good guys for a good two year period or so. I believe 2013 and beyond will be very good to those wanting the remaining fellowship members....:lecture

Last edited:
I agree. And I think after the RWOS, Sauron, and Saruman we're going to see SS revert back to the good guys for a good two year period or so. I believe 2013 and beyond will be very good to those wanting the remaining fellowship members....:lecture

:monkey2...i'll just take a jillion orc variants...as long as there armored.

I hope they stay on track as they are, the bad guys.
More Orcs and Uruks are always welcome !

I personally am not interested in these orcs so much, as good as they look, but I've got a feeling we will continue to see characters like these made to stretch the line out. If they were to release the remaining fellowship characters now would the line still have as much interest? i doubt it very much. So Sideshow are gunna keep holding the wanted ones back. Just a thought.

I personally am not interested in these orcs so much, as good as they look, but I've got a feeling we will continue to see characters like these made to stretch the line out. If they were to release the remaining fellowship characters now would the line still have as much interest? i doubt it very much. So Sideshow are gunna keep holding the wanted ones back. Just a thought.

This line will continue strong long after the remaining fellowship characters are produced. Yes, alot of us want to see a complete fellowship, but that is hardly reflective of the popularity of some of the characters....esp Merry and Pippin. The bad guys of this line have proven to be vastly more popular with collectors so far and that's not going to change once the fellowship is finally completed.

I think with the two new Hobbit films coming over the next 4 years, we will see a even greater renewed interest in the LOTR line and thus more of the fellowship...I also think this is hardly dead, and there are so many more heroes/evil doers to make.. We still need a "good Frodo (he was in 3 films) and a really good Aragorn (non Strider look) I think the LOTR PF line and the upcoming Hobbit line will be lining SSC coffers for many years to come! I have no fear that they will abandon the PF, LSF and new polystone Statue line any time soon...:) In fact I'm sure their goblins are hard at working making many, many designs and figures as we speak!

Last edited:
This line will continue strong long after the remaining fellowship characters are produced. Yes, alot of us want to see a complete fellowship, but that is hardly reflective of the popularity of some of the characters....esp Merry and Pippin. The bad guys of this line have proven to be vastly more popular with collectors so far and that's not going to change once the fellowship is finally completed.

I hope your right, although if you think about it the good characters produced so far have been below sideshows par standard (frodo, legolas,gtw and galdriel) all had issues with them with likenesses and so forth. The bad characters on the other hand are stunning (lurtz, gollum, uruk, orc) that may be why they have sold better. The only decent good characters they have produced imo is gtg and aragorn did they sell well?
Now Im a huge lotr fan, and personally hope the line will be continued for years to come, but not with these tertiary characters so much (yes I did buy the uruk hai, as it was amazing) but there are so many more important characters they have yet to explore such as eomer, elrond, arwen, gothmog, treebeard, faramir, bilbo, cave troll, shelob, wormtongue, theoden, eowyn and denethor to name but a few. I'm all for the odd one now and again but we've had 3 now out of what 12 pfs released?
I just want some more important characters before this line dies out!!!

I also think when it comes to PF's we should be getting 2 Hobbit figures to each base.. like a Frodo and Sam, Merry and Pipin... a 1/4 scale tree beard would be awesome, but I would really love a (Chris Lee) Sauroman PF with his staff.. instant get there! Also a Ring Wraith PF or Mouth of Sauron!!!! The Frodo PF is nice, but not great. Not one of Matt Falls best face sculpts. Two hobbits per base in the PF line then they can ask $349.00 for it.

Last edited:
Mr Mordor Orc didn't make an appearance at Con ... bummer. I am in the PF line for the long haul, and I think even though pretty random he will make a great display piece - with Gandalf the White, or a future goodie. :yess:

Back