Bioshock: Infinite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at the part where you get to use the Songbird to help bring down the Zeppelin's. I've been saving this game for a weekend with nothing really to do. I think I put in 14 hours this weekend on this game. Hopefully I can finish it soon. And from what I read a DLC is very close to being released.

Looking forward to playing as Elizabeth. It sounds like her gameplay will be more stealth based, I don't really picture her shooting guns. So, it will be interesting to see how they pull that off.

Also, oddly enough, checking Ken Levine's Twitter was one of the first things I did when I woke up this morning. . . but nothing, should've gone to Kotaku first, haha.

Part of me is slightly dissapointed we won't be going back to Columbia.

But Rapture never looked so good and this does sound differant and cool. I like that he describes the second episode as being like Escape From New York.

I was expecting to play as the alternate timeline Columbian Booker that leads the Vox uprising and dies with Slate in the Hall of Heroes but that would have likely excluded Elizabeth from the story.

Yeah, I was a disappointed we're going back to Rapture already.

I like Rapture more than Columbia, but love both. But I've gotten a lot more Rapture than Columbia.

But I'll be shocked if the next DLC isn't back up there, so I'm pumped for this.

The first DLC is BS to me.But the next 2 have a story so im looking forward to those.

Huh? First DLC? Are you talking about the Columbia's finest pack, that's just an extra shotgun? Because that isn't really what any of us would consider actual DLC, especially since anyone who bought the collector's edition had that stuff available from Day One.

Huh? First DLC? Are you talking about the Columbia's finest pack, that's just an extra shotgun? Because that isn't really what any of us would consider actual DLC, especially since anyone who bought the collector's edition had that stuff available from Day One.

I think he means the "challenge maps", Clash in the Clouds. And yeah, it is somewhat lackluster. I'm not interesting in fighting more bad guys. The story is what pulls me in.

Looking forward to playing as Elizabeth. It sounds like her gameplay will be more stealth based, I don't really picture her shooting guns. So, it will be interesting to see how they pull that off.

huAbsha.png

Hmm, okay, so I was wrong, she kinda looks badass.

From what Levine is saying, this seems like it's more in line with what he really wanted to do with Infinite in terms of the story.

Remember those first trailers and how much emphasis the team was putting on Booker being a Pinkerton agent who was to find the girl. That first trailer had a more noirish detective story thing going on, where as the final game was more like an adult fairy tail. Save the girl from the tower and giant flying beast in the city in the clouds.

I think this will be alot grittier and dirtier to bring out that noir story, kinda blade runnerish even.

Hopefully its stand alone DLC .....don't think I have the BI saves on my Xbox hard drive anymore ...... :D

How does redeeming the Season Pass work?

I bought and downloaded it a while back. I'm trying to download the Clash DLC from the XBox Live site, but it's saying it costs points. Does this need to be done from within the game?

How does redeeming the Season Pass work?

I bought and downloaded it a while back. I'm trying to download the Clash DLC from the XBox Live site, but it's saying it costs points. Does this need to be done from within the game?

Yea just boot up the game and go to the season pass area.

Devil's Kiss, the second Vigor bottle is now up for order as of about a week ago. $350 for the regular, $600 for a signed one. Not sure how they are justifying that price jump for Ken's sig, the Daisy Fitzroy print they put up 2 weeks ago is only a $50 differance for the sig. But the bottle is very nice. Mine should be here this week along with the Neca Gravity Gun, good week for vg props apparently.

Also have it on good authority they aren't going to do a second run of Murder of Crows and that theres at least one more Vigor bottle planned as of now. I hope it's Possesion or Bucking Bronco, Shock Jockey looks too much like a bowling trophy.

SPOILER WARNING, obviously, for those that, like myself might not have played the game till recently, or are still holding out. Just throwing that out there, since I haven't noticed a spoiler post in a while and all.

So there's one thing i'm having trouble with: the killing of ALL Comstocks.

This diagram

esidJ.jpg

and answer #1 of this link explain it really well.

Branch 0 is Booker who goes through with the Baptism and becomes Comstock who goes on to make differing decisions resulting in more realities.

Branch 1 is the Booker who doesn't go through with the Baltism and goes on to make differeing decisions.

But there's one issue i have with it....

In life there is constants and variables. Constants are fewer and further between but the fact that Comstock was born at the time of Baptism and killing Comstock just after that kills all Comstocks from that moment on doesn't sit entirely right with me.

Booker before this baptism will have made hundreds of choices that splintered off into tons of other timelines. Some where he didn't join the army or died during the battle of Wounded Knee, some where he was crippled as a child or where he moved to another city ect...

So if at some point in one or many of these timelines he got baptised later on or because of a different reason and became Comstock, then the Comstocks killed by Elizabeth would've been only the ones from the other (our) Baptism at that one particular point in time and not the ones that could have occured as a result of all the different decisions Booker made throughout his life.

So picture this on that diagram above.

Branch 0 is Booker who fights at Wounded Knee, he goes on to make differing decisions spawning other realities.

Branch 1 is Booker who doesn't fight at Wounded Knee.

So one of the forks of the road from branch 0 is one that leads to the creation of Comstock. But if Booker from branch 1 goes on to commit some other sins and gets baptised and becomes Comstock then Elizabeth won't have killed any of the potential Comstocks to spawn out of that timeline as they only focused on the Booker who did participate at wounded knee, leaving a multitude of possible Comstocks alive

But I suppose since they would be different Comstocks and different Columbias or no Columbias and different Elizabeths then that's a different story and not the one being told.

I guess what i'm saying is as long as Booker existed in the first place there is possibilities for Comstocks to be born again.

Only killing Booker at his birth can truly kill all possible Comstocks.
That diagram is a good representation of a branching multiverse from a multitude of "choices," it's just missing previous branches from past events that we couldn't possibly track anyway, such as any past choices leading to a death or other universes where Booker becomes a much different person and lives a completely different life from any that we know.

My take on the ending is that Booker being at the baptism is a "constant" of a vital branch point in the multiverse. The Booker that we play is the other side of the coin that spawned the future versions of Booker/Comstock and Elizabeth we see in the game. In an endless ocean of universes, one Booker went to Wounded Knee. This created a branch. At this point it became a "constant," in that particular branch off. So, now we have at least two possible outcomes: Booker surviving Wounded Knee and having done terrible things; and Booker dying in the massacre, for whatever reasons. So, in that latter branching off of universes, no Booker would be present, as he was killed.

Anyway, if you go back and rewatch the ending scenes, you can clearly see Elizabeth is almost remorseful and just before the end... looks as if she's nearly in a state of shock. She has to kill Booker for one thing, but also, she knows what she's doing will effectively erase all future possibilities of Booker/Comstock and herself, including Anna, from the branch point at which Booker went to the baptism. She was killing Booker IN the universe, and the very point in time, which resultantly allowed the branching off of the other universes past the point of the baptism. Those universes essentially disappear from existence... which, in the grand scheme of things, are merely drops of water in the vast ocean of multiverses.

Elizabeth and Anna are completely gone. The versions of Booker that came after the baptism are gone. And any and all existences of Comstock have been washed away. All the universes that branched off by Booker choosing whether or not to take the baptism are gone. In fact, nothing from Bioshock Infinite, as we know it, is still intact. It's completely gone, that's why the ending is so unique. The infinite circle was broken. Furthermore, this could be what led to Rapture's creation. As Elizabeth said, "There's always a lighthouse, always a man and always a city." It's quite possible that a grand utopia is always fated to exist... and always fall.

However, getting back to the end of BioShock Infinite, that's not to say Booker doesn't still exist in other universes. He just never went to Wounded Knee and is most likely a completely different person. Also, many of the citizens that went to Columbia, and resources used to make the city, would likely still be intact in other universes. For instance, the Lutece scientists, although obviously not together now, as the "fused consciousness" versions (which resulted from their deaths at the hands of the sabotaged machine) would have never existed after the events that occurred at the end of the game. That's the way I see all of it, anyway.

As for the scene after the credits, that's more for ambiguity's sake than anything, in my opinion. It's almost as if they threw that in there simply to have an Inception moment, lol. It just doesn't fit the true ending, to me anyway. The Rapture DLC doesn't either, but I'll let that slide, as I loved BioShock 1 and 2. :clap

Last edited:
I haven't played the Bioshock series so I'm wondering does this video contain any spoilers. Much appreciated if anyone could tell me.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhdeLnIy_78"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhdeLnIy_78[/ame]

Back