binky's Sideshow customs - edited pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nj binky

Ooo, a chance to pad my post count!

These are the same pictures from the pre-crash board. I haven't been collecting Sideshow figures very long. I have a couple of the Bonds, and all the X-Files and Buffy figures so far. And the Civil War figures. I don't really bash and customize them--I don't think they are very good for that, at their normal price point so mostly I keep them stock. Most of the them are great right out of the box. On the other hand, if I think there's something that can be improved about a figure, I'll break out the Dremel lickity split. Before Sideshow, I bought a lot of Dragons, and still prefer them for bashing and customizing and creating my own stuff. Here are the Sideshow figures I have messed with:

X-Files - Repainted both heads. I like the other figures in the line as they came out of the box, so just these two.
x-f-02.jpg

Buffy - Repainted Buffy's eyes and gave her the shorter body from Vampire Willow, but made it even shorter (cut some of her thighs off). I repainted Faith's eyes and hair and also cut off about a half inch in height, but plan on making a new head altogether. Her long hair is what I'm stuck on with that. The Willow head I made myself. It's on a Dragon Eve (hence, the ugly neck, but I like the Eve figure's shape better and it's easier to use a custom head on it than the Cy Girls or the Sideshows with the neck valve--I bought some different sized rubber plumber washers so hopefully I'll be able to make a custom head that can go on the Sideshow body).
s-w-s-03.jpg

My latest Sideshow-related project is a Vampire Willow with a human face.

binky

Wanna be bad?

Vamp Willow's done.

VW-torso-01.jpg

Still have some work to do on Faith, then it's on to something new.

binky

Re: Wanna be bad?

I finished the alterations to the Sideshow Vampire Willow outfit. It came out alright:

VW-full-comp-01.jpg

I don't have any other Sideshow-related projects going at the moment (have a couple on the backburner) but did manage to adapt a resin head to the SS female body neck using a rubber washer and epoxy. It's a nice fit. Glad to know the bodies will come in handy for something other than other Sideshow headswaps.

binky

Re: Wanna be bad?

I made similar mods to my vamp Willow costume too. Redid the bodice and stitched up the thighs some.

I like that 2nd Willow head of yours - where'd that come from?

I like that 2nd Willow head of yours - where'd that come from?

I sculpted it myself. I replicated the Sideshow neck joint with a rubber washer and some epoxy. It has almost the same range of motion as the original head, and it's tight on the dumbell.

I finished the second version Vamp Willow, who'll be going to her new master very soon. Changes from the one I did last year: I redid the nose and jaw a bit as well as the hair. The altered bodice also came out better this time. All on a repainted Sideshow body with the exposed neck as with the original. Inside the neck is a rubber grommet locked in place with some casting resin, so it comes on and off to remount the original vamp head. I repainted the hair on that one to make her a redhead. It came out pretty good. I think I'm going to take apart number one and redo her with the re-tooled head.

vamp-willow-044.jpg

VW-03-face.jpg

vamp-willow-043.jpg

vamp-willow-023.jpg

I like your sencond vamp willow much better than the first.
What is the thing around her neck for?

The xfiles repaints look nice.They all look great although im not too sure on willow.

Great work.

nj binky said:
X-Files - Repainted both heads. I like the other figures in the line as they came out of the box, so just these two.
x-f-02.jpg
"There's something out there, Mulder."

"Ooh, I've been saying that for years."

It's been a while since I kept one of these, but I decided to start a project page for my Buffy figures project.

https://home.att.net/~binky2k/12-BTVS-bash.htm

Just a bit of rambling about different aspects of bashing/scratchbuilding a figure while those issues come up during a specific project. If anyone else keeps these kinds of project diaries, I'd love to read them...?

Back