Binky's Buffy & Angel Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small update:

Molds experiments – molds came out okay but the little material savings did not justify the added work involved. LEGO bricks are still the best way to go. Tara and Dark Willow molds done. I will have some painted samples up at some point.

I’ve decided to redo Faith and make a version specific to Bad Girls, which is the episode the Sideshow figure is based on. I’m also going to re-work the current one a bit into a Chosen version. I am working on it at the same time as I work on my Wesley draft.

Does anyone know where I can find a blue jeans/denim jacket I can use for Chosen Faith?

Anyway, this means I’m postponing heads 6 and 7. Obviously this will push me back a bit, possibly to end of July before I pick up those.

Thanks,

Binky

Another update.

My apologies, especially to Star Puffs. I'd hoped to have more done sooner but this past week at work really kicked my butt.

Sue, eBay’s the first place I checked. The only jackets that come up are for male figures, most of which were for Ken or fashion doll figures. I’m not even sure Adventure Gear made a denim jacket for women and they were likely my best bet, if they were still in business. For now, I've slowed down work on Bad Girls Faith. She's in a rough place right now anyway:

IMG_4367.jpg

I'll revisit her later. It will give me some time to source a body and try to find or make a red A shirt for it until a better solution comes along. I already have denim and leather pants, but also have to look for boots.

Anyway, here's an update on Bad Girls Faith:

IMG_4361xxxxx.jpg

I plan to finish tweaking and make a mold of Bad Girls Faith this week. It will be a direct swap for the Sideshow figure, so, I figure it will be an easy figure to finish, though again, I think I might try to upgrade her body. That might be difficult, though, since she has some olive in her complexion, and olive complected female bodies aren’t common as far as I know. Here's a tip, though, for making the Sideshow body work a little better than it does out of the box. Knock the sheen off the neck area by sanding it down with a fine grit paper. You can then either pop the head right back on or paint the neck if the complexion is off from the head. If painting, cover it with some dull-cote. But sanding it to make it matte is key to improving the stock body on these figures.

Heads have slowed as I’ve gotten busier at work so next update will probably take a few more weeks. I hope to have a Wesley update, and maybe reveal a draft of the next head (the penultimate Buffy-Angel one) if it goes well by the middle of September. In the meanwhile, here’s the other shovel-ready head I’ve been working on – a personal project that has preoccupied me for the past few years (gulp). Here is Dopplegangland Willow:

IMG_4360xxxxx.jpg

Thanks! In natural light this morning I noticed some points that need work that I didn't catch in artificial light yesterday but I think I'll have Faith done by the end of the week. Be nice to put another one away.

I got back from camping this weekend to find binky's heads in my postbox. They are wonderful. I cannot believe we really have a Tara after all these years and it will be great to have a Faith on display again as well. I hope to prime them as early as this evening.

Tara is finished and joins the Buffy crowd!

Bad photos as usual, but I am quite happy. Body is Triad EVA with large bust plate, HT standard hands (need to paint them to match) and the TTL clothing set I originally intended for Willow. And the book Tara nicked from Gandalf (witches > wizards).

I have all binky's heads painted and will start revealing them.

picture.php

picture.php

Back