Billy Mays dead at 50

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another death?!?!?
post-69220-1110229459.gif

Comedian Fred Travalena Dies at Age 66

https://www.popeater.com/television...television/article/fred-travalena-dies/547966

Awwwwwww......I remember him! Haven't seen him in awhile though.

Cancer :mad:

Yeah, while someone dying is sad... no real emotional impact from this one. I always found his commercials among the more annoying.

Yeah, while someone dying is sad... no real emotional impact from this one. I always found his commercials among the more annoying.

But he knew he shouted and even made fun of it! In one of his latest commercials, he had hit the main-stream with Arm-N-Hammer and in the commercial, he gets a family to say a "pitch" line but he gets them to shout it, just like he does!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="https://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/4a48ef1422f2026b/4a48e6c035a64672/b971ae50/-cpid/6206246ff60c02ac" id="W4727a250e66f97234a48ef1422f2026b" width="384" height="283"><param name="movie" value="https://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/4a48ef1422f2026b/4a48e6c035a64672/b971ae50/-cpid/6206246ff60c02ac" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>

Lot of action on Dead Pools. Place your bets... who's on your list for the rest of 2009? Top ten picks...

Lot of action on Dead Pools. Place your bets... who's on your list for the rest of 2009? Top ten picks...
--

Not enough for a top 10, but . . .

Walter Cronkite
Lindsay Lohan
Bobby Brown
Nick Cannon
Perez Hilton
Hugh Hefner
Paris Hilton
Keith Richards
Megan Fox

while i don't necessarily feel emotional about his death, the fact he gave a lighthearted interview regarding something that may have been the cause of his death kinda freaks me out a bit.

If celebrities keep dying on a daily basis, it's gonna screw up the "three" rule. :rolleyes:

I would hardly think Billy Mays would round out a "rule of 3" when the other two are Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett :lol

Maybe if Mr Whipple and Dave Thomas had recently passed... :angelsmil

Wow, I'm surprised that many people are glad he is dead. One person on a news website commented 'Thank God!'. Just because you didn't like hearing his voice on TV infomercials, did he really deserve to die?

Personally, I always found his commercials mildly entertaining. His yelling was more like sheer enthusiasm and who could look away from that insanely well groomed Just For Men beard?

Sorry, but there is a limit to how much public grief I will participate in. I think I draw the line at informercial dudes.

i'm really trying to avoid the news and stuff anymore. theres only so much capacity to worry or grieve or feel bad or what have you for stuff that really has no impact on my own life, i'm neurotic as it is, i'd worry about everything.

Back