Bilbo Custom Project Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well... its kind hard to describe. I cut off te big trunk thing on top. (after removing the string and tobacco pouch)

held the tip over a fire (but careful not to touch the flame or burn)

then wrapped the tip in a paper towel and pulled and twisted it until the inside of the staff (the white plastic you don't want showing) disappeared then I would blunt it out on a plate (as if you were putting out a cigarrette) to make it flat.

King to stupid to understand :(

Take a Gandalf staff. Light a candle. Hold the staff close to the flame (not in it) until it starts to look greasy and begins to bend under it's own weight. Once you can tug it and make it stretch, just pull the end off. You'll wind up with a long stringy end. Repeat the heating process until it starts to sweat again and then just rub the end on a plate or something (other than the counter top or any other surface it might stick to) like you're putting out a cigarette until you round off the end. If you do it right, you won't see any of the initial white color and the paint should cover the modified end.

Cast Bilbo head with proper hobbit ears and the same neck attachment as Frodo & Sam. Wig soon to come...

DSCN0044.jpg

bilbo.jpg

Definitely an improvement.

I tried Frodo's wig on him and while serviceable, it just doesn't look right. More like Bilbo from the Hobbit flashback. So I'll sculpt him up a new one.

Definitely an improvement.

I tried Frodo's wig on him and while serviceable, it just doesn't look right. More like Bilbo from the Hobbit flashback. So I'll sculpt him up a new one.

Wow, EC! I might just hold off on repainting the Toybiz head until I see your finished product. I assume you'll be selling Bilbo heads as well?

Just out of curiousity, how are the Gimli heads coming along?

See the Gimli thread in the LOTR section. He posted a pic of a bunch of them and he stated that he has mailed out the ones for those who have paid. (me=:blissy)

PayPal sent for Gimli. I have the head and was planning to extend the beard, so you've solved a problem for me -- fantastic! Looking forward to Bilbo news.

Your box is full again...:rolleyes:

payment received, more space cleared. :banana

Back