Big Chief Studios - Dr. Who Weeping Angels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh. Okay, I'm confused. Was the breakdown with the BBC or the distributor? I thought the distributor, but it does read more like the BBC, now.

Edit: Just saw the most recent post on Facebook. Sounds like it was definitely an issue with the licensor. They had strong orders from their distributor.

For those who may have purchased these, it seems that they are finally on the way, according to a message on Big Chief's twitter feed.

I really like these Angels but I do find them too creepy to have sitting around me.

You know, it's funny, but every time I began to feel like the Weeping Angels were starting to feel over-used, I'd hear from someone else about how the Angels seriously creep them out. Usually adults, and people who I never would have expected it from...including my father. :lol

Don't know what it is about them, as other than originally being a 'cool idea' for a monster, they've never really had that sort of effect over me, but it seems like they're one of those things that still give a lot of folks the serious heebie-jeebies.

Oh, and Big Chief just posted this:

The long awaited Weeping Angels are due to be released on the 19th of May. Shipping will be added to the pre orders next week, so be sure to keep an eye out for our email notification.

Fourth Doctor smiling head and Eleventh Doctor Stetson head are apparently due to arrive later this month, too. And series 7 Eleventh Doctor won't be too far behind that, given that they've just posted a production shot of it.

Everything is shipping too close together! :panic:

Glad I 'only' have shipping left to pay on this stuff... :)

Don't know what it is about them... they've never really had that sort of effect over me

tumblr_mymcb9nBCd1s9c6nao3_500.gif

Yep, still nothing. :lol

Mind you I grew up watching giant maggots, giant spiders, and giant troll dolls menacing the screens (take something already creepy and make it bigger seemed to be the catchphrase of the 70's... :p), not to mention killer ventriloquist dummies and murderous plants, just to mention a few, so... :)

As an indication of just how long the Weeping Angels have been in the works, the signature edition was done on the same plaque design that the original Eleventh and Amy Pond had!

11225771_10206533789844022_2036110490_n.jpg

So, Angels in May.
I hadn't preordered these statues, but, I am tempted to order one after they are released now. Main reason is, it will give me a Who related product to pick up in the UK when I'm over there next month.
I do think the Angels were over used. I really liked the concept as a one off in their first story. It was a nice creepy haunted house kind of thing. I only ever enjoyed the characters use again as a plot device to loose Amy and Rory; that was well done.

I do think the Angels were over used. I really liked the concept as a one off in their first story. It was a nice creepy haunted house kind of thing. I only ever enjoyed the characters use again as a plot device to loose Amy and Rory; that was well done.

Yea I agree. I hated how they added so many rules to them as the appearances went on. Whatever holds the image of an angel becomes one, angels could talk using the voices of dead people, ect. You could tell that they were trying to make these rules logical extensions of the ones established in the first episode, but it just felt overly complex and tacked on. I absolutely hated when they actually showed the angels moving and they were still stone.

Shipping invoices have gone out on these now, so they're about ready to ship.

Hopefully they were worth the wait/cost/delays... :)

I got my Weeping Angel today, it's my first product from BCS and I am more than happy. Figure and all parts were package excellently and the magnetic system for changing parts work like a dream. Bring on Matt and the TARDIS.

Bob

Already got a spot on the shelf ready for mine, when it arrives.

Kind of regret not getting the double pack now, but oh well.

Back