Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but the WHO thread is still locked. New post re Amy Pond and a great addition (from Facebook)

Following on from our last post and the images of the pre-production sample, we wanted to update you all with shipping details for our Amy Pond 1:6 Scale Collector Figure.

A number of customers have voiced their concerns over the look of the figure, Unfortunately at this late stage in the process we are unable to stop production prior to shipping.

We feel certain that simply apportioning blame to the photography of the figure, would be viewed as an excuse by some customers. That said, in hindsight the photographs were very poor and should never have been posted. At the risk of contradicting ourselves, the figure does genuinely look much, much better in hand than it does in the photographs. We honestly feel confident that once you have the figure in your hands, you too will be happy. Since we posted the images we have made further tweaks and improvements to both the costume and the hair styling.

However, taking the comments into account and by way of an apology for the lengthy delays, we have made the decision to manufacture an alternate head for Amy. This head will feature accurately styled sculpted hair as opposed to the rooted hair of the figure. This alternate head is currently about to be tooled and will start production next month.

Once you have received your Amy Pond figure, if you are still unhappy with it, then the alternate head will be available to you free of charge, for the cost of shipping only. The alternate head will be available to those customers who have ordered the Amy Pond figure only. We will post some images on our website and here on Facebook soon.

In the meantime we wanted to share some images of the Amy Pond figure production line. We will be travelling to China this week to supervise the final checks and shipping of the stock. You will receive Amy Pond soon and we genuinely believe that you will be happy once you have your figure in hand.

As always we thank you for your continued patience and support.
The BIG Chief Team
https://www.facebook.com/BigChiefStudiosLimited

These guys are pure class. An extra head for those not happy with the original...free of charge! Weep over that one HT.

That is incredibly generous of them. I feel a bit bad for them cos this is going to cost them a fortune. This act of offering a free alternative sculpt would probably hurt established companies like Sideshow and Hot Toys, so for a start up to do this is sure going to affect them adversely.

That is incredibly generous of them. I feel a bit bad for them cos this is going to cost them a fortune. This act of offering a free alternative sculpt would probably hurt established companies like Sideshow and Hot Toys, so for a start up to do this is sure going to affect them adversely.
I think all of the cancellations would have cost them more.

Personally I expect they'll just increase the amount of heads they were going to make by re-using the same mold and sculpt, and then glue a newly sculpted hair attachment piece to it. I'll be very surprised if it is an all new head sculpt and mold.

hi5.gif

*twiddles thumbs*

Sure would love to hear something about these from BC...

...and there went my heart jumping at the prospect of news, and instead... I'm here twiddling my thumbs too.

sigh.

c'mon peeps... fill in our Sherlock void!!!

Agreed. Though with Man of Steel, Iron Man and Avengers stuff coming up soon... not to mention the 4th Doctor... at some point... I guess I wouldn't mind so much if these were pushed off a bit. I wonder if they'll wait to announce the figures until the show is back on the air? There's little hope they'll come out then. But if they just wait and garner pre-orders while the publicity is high on the series, then maybe there won't be such a long wait between pre-order and final release.

...and there went my heart jumping at the prospect of news, and instead... I'm here twiddling my thumbs too.

sigh.

c'mon peeps... fill in our Sherlock void!!!

Oh no, I gave you false hope! Sorry... :monkey2

News in regards to Sherlock and Watson on Big Chief's latest Facebook post!

Excited they are going up for pre-order in July for a holiday (hopefully release) though I do have Castle Grayskull I'll be paying for then along with presents for others! LOL. But I'll make it work.

Back