Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait! I hope I made the right call with the set purchase! Expensive gamble!

How is it a gamble? I just wondered what you meant.

Sherlock's taking a long time to sell out, but when he does he'll be gone and I'm willing to bet by the time we get to series 4 in 2016 or series 5 in 2018 these'll be going for mega money.

Sherlock's taking a long time to sell out, but when he does he'll be gone and I'm willing to bet by the time we get to series 4 in 2016 or series 5 in 2018 these'll be going for mega money.

Reading those dates was really painful, though :(

I just mean I hope these guys look good in hand. I've only picked up hot toys up to now. Lot of money for these and I don't plan on ever selling them so just looking for awesome figures!

I just mean I hope these guys look good in hand. I've only picked up hot toys up to now. Lot of money for these and I don't plan on ever selling them so just looking for awesome figures!

I get what you're saying. I must say from what I've seen of the 10th Doctor, they did a great job on his sculpt and likeness.

While we wait for Sherlock...

03D955CC-F5A8-43F3-B646-FBC6BF1F7062_zpsksftc43l.jpg

So I guess I will be getting a 1:6 Sherlock. Just that it wont be the BCS one. Because in all honesty im just ont happy how the final sculpts turned out. Specially when the price is no less rather more than some of the HT/EB stuff.

So I guess I will be getting a 1:6 Sherlock. Just that it wont be the BCS one. Because in all honesty im just ont happy how the final sculpts turned out. Specially when the price is no less rather more than some of the HT/EB stuff.

Do you think will be cheaper to order private custom head?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I can see why people aren't sure about John, but what's wrong with the Sherlock sculpt?

Do you think will be cheaper to order private custom head?
There are a lot of factors. Firstly paying in UK Pounds for me in India specially with the shipping factored in kills me. Because UK Shipping Express is more expensive and 1 UKP = 110 bucks for us. NO JOKE. 110 bucks is quite a lot of money. If they sold it via say BBTS it would actually have been cheaper. Secondly I realised from the 11th Dr that in all totality the prices I paid for this doesnt hold up to the quality of stuff I have from HT or EB. I know its harsh but for a buyer like me who is a fan whose monthly salary is less than the price of the figure I will have to prioritise on what figures I get and weigh in a lot of factors. I love the characters but for the price point they arent that well 'finished'. In that way the custom will cost me maybe few dollars more but quality wise itll be much better.

I can see why people aren't sure about John, but what's wrong with the Sherlock sculpt?
If it was a resin cast of Trevor's original sculpt and hand painted or even painted to the quality of even ZCWO it wouldnt matter. But if you see it its PVC casting has lot of details. Plus their is distortion which is inevitable. The sculpt per se are flawless. How they turn out after mass production is what bothers me. Repaints on both Sherlock and Watson can maybe make them look much better. But its another huge overhead costing.

How they turn out after mass production is what bothers me.

A lot of good points in your post, I may not agree with all of them but I think they're all valid points of view to have. One thing I'd say is that as these aren't sold out you can probably wait until in hand pics start turning up to judge how well they fared in production. BCS at the moment seems to have a variable but mostly positive success rate, roughly 75% - Ten, Eleven and the second Amy head turned out very well, Four made a lot of people happy but aside from my not liking the expression I can't shake the feeling that the Fourth Doctor heads came out 'wrong' somehow in production. The first Amy head I would discount completely because of the hair issue and the problems with Karen - that was clearly just a cluster****. With Sherlock however we've seen pics already of production samples and for Sherlock at any rate the head looks pretty good.

You said the sculpts were flawless but I remember someone else on here saying that although Trevor's sculpts look fantastic as sculpts, in production they always come out 'cartoony'. So given that the production sample looks no worse than the figure in all the publicity photos, I'd say any potential problems would be down to this feature of Trevor's work, not the production process. I would love their sculpting from now on to be handled exclusively by the same people who did Ten.

Anyway, all that said, hopefully we're only a few weeks away from being able to judge for ourselves. Personally I can't wait.

I don't mind the wait.
I like how different the structure is for this series. 3 movies every 2 years.
Makes it such a big event when you finally get to see some new episodes!

Tell us more! :)

Hey, did Sherlock lego ever get approved? Last I read they were going to review it and make a decision in the first quarter.

Back