Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These stories are very tough to read and keep me from overly complaining about my $500, at least I hope they do. I'd still try something with your bank regarding the funds, maybe not likely, but you never know.
realized last night that I paid with PayPal so I need to actually get a human being on the phone not an automated system.

These stories are very tough to read and keep me from overly complaining about my $500, at least I hope they do. I'd still try something with your bank regarding the funds, maybe not likely, but you never know.
Well I paid thru PayPal and I have contacted them but to be honest the purchases were in 2022 and the automated voice message seems to hint at a 6 month cutoff. Still I will wait for somekind of response but I am not hopeful. I will never pay up front again and from not on only one source gets my business, Timewalker Toys. They have been good to me. The only reason I ordered direct from Big Chief is that Timewalker wasn't going to carry those products, that should have told me something but I wanted the classic Dr Who figures. I will survive, this isn't the first time I lost resources in some way. Hopefully it will be the last. Stop laughing.

Just a thought. Any chance the powers-that-be attempt another like business? I'm assuming we all know names of people to be wary of from now on?

That seems to be the standard operating procedure for these types of "businesses". Be ever vigilant and watch for similar type products or licenses. I wouldn't expect them to try housewares but you never know...

Gee Whiz season 18 Tom Baker costume is $650 plus $95 shipping. You can provide the body for accurate tailoring or they will go with the Worldbox AT020 Body. There is also a A 6% Handling Fee and turnaround time is 4 to 6 Months.

you get basically what Big Chief showed for their prototype (although no mention of a scarf being included)

- Double Breasted Maroon Trench Coat.
- Maroon Corduroy Breeches

- Sublimation Printed Velvet Waistcoat (Always Open Configuration)
- Ivory color Collared Shirt with Printed Question Marks on Collar
- Burgundy Braces/Suspenders
- Sublimation printed Black and burgundy argyle socks
- Brown Leather Boots
Very expensive... For that kind of money a scarf should be included.

Unfortunately (or fortunately in this case) that seems to be the way Master Replicas is operating right now. I ordered a Hot Toys Harley Quinn earlier in the month and it took about 2 weeks to even get a shipment notification and if it’s delivered tomorrow like the tracking says, that’s 3 weeks from when I originally ordered it.
So they seem pretty legit, just very, very slow.
I have one figure on order since Aug 10, the 9th Doctor but what bothers me is that it hasn't shipped yet. Their excuse is their warehouse is backlogged but I am getting feelings of Big Chief.
MASTER REPLICAS are another badly run business. I don't mind them being slow to ship out orders, but there is zero communication from them.

I bought a QMX captains chair from them two wks ago.

I've still not received a receipt of payment from them. And they haven't replied to any of my emails.

And there are customers who have placed orders as far back as May still waiting on shipment of their items.

I don't want to jump the gun, but their coming across as another very shady business.

Dealings with MR along with the whole BCS debacle are slowly putting me off this hobby.

MASTER REPLICAS are another badly run business. I don't mind them being slow to ship out orders, but there is zero communication from them.

I've still not received a receipt of payment from them. And they haven't replied to any of my emails.

And there are customers who have placed orders as far back as May still waiting on shipment of their items.

I don't want to jump the gun, but their coming across as another very shady business.

Dealings with MR along with the whole BCS debacle are slowly putting me off this hobby.
This is enough for me to stay away. (y)

Apparently the emails for despatch are going out today to many.
Hopefully it shouldnt be too long till it goes out.
Some have already received their tracking number.
But agree its not the best for timely despatch but thats how many online retailers seem to operate at the moment.

Apparently, MR are selling stock they don’t yet have in their warehouse. I think that is absolutely disgusting. They’ve said and implied on Twitter they’re friendly and have amazing CS. They’re bloody awful.

I ordered two Dr Who figures over three weeks ago. Nothing sent. Another company poorly run and primed to go bankrupt. They don’t accept PayPal and I used a debit card. Never again.

I always thought that the Sixth Doctor costume Big Chief had on their prototype figure could never be able to be made cost effectively on a mass scale in a factory. But Big Chief still continued to pretend it was going to be released "soon."

Many years ago I got a 1/6 Sixth costume from a customizer for less that $100 as I recall. But have no head for it.

View attachment 658437
There is a group on Facebook who do some custom 1/6 Doctor Who heads, they are called "Custom Doctor Who heads by NDW Design, Helleno Souza & Supporting Artists" they do a 6th Doctor.

Gee Whiz season 18 Tom Baker costume is $650 plus $95 shipping. You can provide the body for accurate tailoring or they will go with the Worldbox AT020 Body. There is also a A 6% Handling Fee and turnaround time is 4 to 6 Months.

you get basically what Big Chief showed for their prototype (although no mention of a scarf being included)

- Double Breasted Maroon Trench Coat.
- Maroon Corduroy Breeches

- Sublimation Printed Velvet Waistcoat (Always Open Configuration)
- Ivory color Collared Shirt with Printed Question Marks on Collar
- Burgundy Braces/Suspenders
- Sublimation printed Black and burgundy argyle socks
- Brown Leather Boots
Are you familiar with Unleashed Viper Commissions? They do custom 1/6 outfits also.

Apparently, MR are selling stock they don’t yet have in their warehouse. I think that is absolutely disgusting. They’ve said and implied on Twitter they’re friendly and have amazing CS. They’re bloody awful.

I ordered two Dr Who figures over three weeks ago. Nothing sent. Another company poorly run and primed to go bankrupt. They don’t accept PayPal and I used a debit card. Never again.
You going to try to get that money back?

There is a group on Facebook who do some custom 1/6 Doctor Who heads, they are called "Custom Doctor Who heads by NDW Design, Helleno Souza & Supporting Artists" they do a 6th Doctor.
Do you know if there is any way to contact them or see their work outside of Facebook? I’ve never used Facebook and can’t see myself starting now…

Same thing with Unleashed Viper Commissions. Looks like they have a 5th Doctor outfit coming…?

You going to try to get that money back?
They assure me they now have them. I'll see what happens over the next few days.

I hate it when companies, in essence, drop ship. It means when something goes wrong/is delayed, they have your money and you have no product. I just think it's morally shady.

They assure me they now have them. I'll see what happens over the next few days.

I hate it when companies, in essence, drop ship. It means when something goes wrong/is delayed, they have your money and you have no product. I just think it's morally shady.
I got shudders in my spine recalling telephone conversations with bcs reps giving me their "assurances." :confused: 💀 :oops:

Hope you transactions work out.

Well I paid thru PayPal and I have contacted them but to be honest the purchases were in 2022 and the automated voice message seems to hint at a 6 month cutoff. Still I will wait for somekind of response but I am not hopeful. I will never pay up front again and from not on only one source gets my business, Timewalker Toys. They have been good to me. The only reason I ordered direct from Big Chief is that Timewalker wasn't going to carry those products, that should have told me something but I wanted the classic Dr Who figures. I will survive, this isn't the first time I lost resources in some way. Hopefully it will be the last. Stop laughing.
Paypal police has always been 180 days, so you're probably out of luck.

Well MR already died once did they not?

Paypal used to be less. They only matched credit card/bank policy a few years back.

Paypal police has always been 180 days, so you're probably out of luck.

Well MR already died once did they not?
Yes. They left a lot of folks hanging dry regarding their "HAL9000" display.

I've been fortunate in that I received an ordered "Rocinante" model ship and my QMX Kirk chair has already shipped.

Back