1/6 Doctor Who Figures - BCS and everything else

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

Don't agree at all. I don't know who that sculpt is supposed to look like, but it certainly isn't William Hartnell. They didn't even get the iconic hairstyle right.

I don't know how you can say anything positive about the cape, as IMO that is the weakest part of the figure. It doesn't drape around him at all, and instead bunches up around him in a really cheap looking way.

If you are happy with it than all the power to you. But personally that and the War Doctor were the weakest likenesses from the line for me. Whereas I thought the strongest two were McGann and Eccleston.

You think Ecclestone is one of the strongest likenesses, and Hurt was weak? Just...wow. :horror

And I managed to futz the cape just fine, took a little effort, sure, but definitely doable.

Very much have to agree to disagree on almost all counts, and I'll leave it at that. :)

Ha yeah, I'm not really crazy about either one but I'd still give the Hartnell sculpt a big edge over the Eccleston.

Ha yeah, I'm not really crazy about either one but I'd still give the Hartnell sculpt a big edge over the Eccleston.

Same. Hartnell is recognizably Hartnell. Hurt is a great likeness. Eccleston's has a very generic feel to it.

IMO Hurt was a terrible likeness. Very generic, and while it was definitely an old man with a beard and Mohawk, any real likeness was buried under the far too thick and opaque beard that robbed it of any distinct character.

I'm kind of the opposite. I thought hartnell looked way off(weird, angry eyes lol), hurt spot on, and eccelston pretty close

I think the main problem on those three is that even if the likeness is good, they feel a bit "cartoonish". Which reduce the overall likeness.
Eccleston being the one with the best likeness of the three for me.

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Another update for you non-FB users. They previewed a few of the new outfits (made by Geewhiz Customs), and unfortunately looks like we won't be getting one of Twelve's alternate outfits after all. The quality definitely seems much improved at least.

Although Ten's suit does seem more grey than brown at the moment...

Screenshot_20210310-072145_Facebook~01.jpg

FB_IMG_1615388168402.jpg

FB_IMG_1615389686670.jpg

FB_IMG_1615389689166.jpg

I hope they will give us a hoodie and an alternate destroyed coat for 12th. With the right headsculpt and accessories this could be my favorite release.

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

The new tailoring looks great! Loving the season 10 blue velvet coat. The definitive Capaldi is a definite buy but i'm not sure about picking up the others.

Looking forward to seeing the new head sculpts...wonder will they all have the moveable eye system...

Man, they showed everyone but the one I'm most interested in: 11th

The outfits do look a lot better. Hope the sculpts are equally improved. Really looking forward to at long last having a Doctor or two on my shelf.

But I need some villains too please.

Personally I'd love to get some Definitive versions of the companions as well. Rose and Amy in particular really deserve much better figures than we got before.

And of course there are others like Sarah, Susan and Martha who are still deserving of a figure as well.

Not much choice with Nine, but doing the exact same outfits again for Ten and Twelve doesn't make me overly happy, even if they are much improved. Really was hoping for a more casual looking Twelve, and a far more brown looking pinstripe for Ten. Oh well, at least they finally got Ten's coat right... :)

These look good. I wonder if I should move to offload my originals. They're in storage anyway. But these won't see the light of day for 10 years knowing BCS rates.

I love the real leather jacket on Eccleston. Gonna have to buy that one, even if the sculpt isn't an improvement.

The new tailoring looks great! Loving the season 10 blue velvet coat. The definitive Capaldi is a definite buy but i'm not sure about picking up the others.

Looking forward to seeing the new head sculpts...wonder will they all have the moveable eye system...

:exactly: I am definitely buying him, he's my favourite. Will wait and see what the other new versions look like first (she said!!)...unfortunately it's probably going to be too expensive for me to re-buy them all (as much as I'd like too), plus I want all the remaining classic doctors first and foremost so really need to save my cash (and limited space) for those. :)

Amy in particular really deserve much better figures than we got before.

I love Amy Pond and would very much want that figure.

Strangely, my favorite modern Doctor never went up against my favorite villain, Davros.

I would like a shelf with Tom Baker and Davros, and Matt Smith and Karen Gillan.

What or who would you all consider as Matt Smith's Doctor's greatest villain? The Weeping Angels? The Silence?

I love Amy Pond and would very much want that figure.

Strangely, my favorite modern Doctor never went up against my favorite villain, Davros.

I would like a shelf with Tom Baker and Davros, and Matt Smith and Karen Gillan.

What or who would you all consider as Matt Smith's Doctor's greatest villain? The Weeping Angels? The Silence?

Steven Moffat :)

I love the real leather jacket on Eccleston. Gonna have to buy that one, even if the sculpt isn't an improvement.

Honestly, looking back at it I think the original captured the general shape and oversized look of the coat a lot better. This new one seems far too small and doesn't hang properly (although I realize it's an early proto).

Personally I'd be happy if we could just get that original sculpt we were promised.

IMG_20210310_123126~01.jpg

Man, they showed everyone but the one I'm most interested in: 11th

The outfits do look a lot better. Hope the sculpts are equally improved. Really looking forward to at long last having a Doctor or two on my shelf.

But I need some villains too please.

I?ve been hanging out for an old skool cyberman for years. BCS had one in the pipeline at one stage didn?t they? I remember seeing 3D renders but I think they shifted focus to getting all the doctors done.

Back