Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Clara Oswald

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you !!

Yes the eyes are strange, something is missing, I'm not sure that the eyes are too small, it's just missing the little spark that we can find in the Hot Toys figures.

Eyes have never been BCS's strong point, but this doesn't shock me, when we look at the figure from a distance, everything seems pretty well done, I was afraid, all these images where we see the face very close to the lens makes the figure strange, because we can see that the eyes aren't really good.

I think someone with skills can easily fix this point, but I will not touch my headsculpt when I will receive my figure.

Yeah according to that photo comparison (and feel free to do your own with any photos of the figure - you don't just have to take my word for it) the irises are actually the right size.

Of course, the question then becomes, 'But would slightly exaggerated irises make it feel more like a likeness of Coleman, at scale?' Sometimes slightly exaggerated portraits read better to us, especially when at a very different size. Everyone is just going to have to make their own call there. Whatever you can do to make the figure shine for you, do it.

If I had the skill I would darken the irises and the upper eyelashes. Those really are the only areas of weakness for me on a great figure. But it's good enough overall that I'll still be happy if those changes aren't made.

does anyone remember... from 2 years ago... there was something offered for paying early, i think. maybe the new 12 Sonic?? does anyone have pics?? also... was there supposed to be a leaf in the accessories??

There was an incentive pack, you got two pairs of the 12th Doctor's sonic sunglasses (one pair molded folded closed, the other pair open and wearable) and two versions of the 12th Doctors new sonic screwdriver (one with blue coloured end, one with green coloured end...unfortunately they didn't paint the sonic bodies/handle correctly, and they are black instead of blue). They all came in a small individual blister pack inside the figure box, and other than the paint error, are a nice little bonus.

You should have also received another 'sorry these are so late' low quality Doctor Who print, jammed into the box and almost guaranteed to arrive kinked and creased.

Oh, and yes, there should be a leaf. It should be in a little plastic polybag in the back tray.

Hope that helps. :)

There was an incentive pack, you got two pairs of the 12th Doctor's sonic sunglasses (one pair molded folded closed, the other pair open and wearable) and two versions of the 12th Doctors new sonic screwdriver (one with blue coloured end, one with green coloured end...unfortunately they didn't paint the sonic bodies/handle correctly, and they are black instead of blue). They all came in a small individual blister pack inside the figure box, and other than the paint error, are a nice little bonus.

You should have also received another 'sorry these are so late' low quality Doctor Who print, jammed into the box and almost guaranteed to arrive kinked and creased.

Oh, and yes, there should be a leaf. It should be in a little plastic polybag in the back tray.

Hope that helps. :)

Does help a lot!! thanks... ended up finding the leaf... but that was it. I am SO not happy...

If you purchased direct (the only way to get the incentive items) and you're missing items contact Big Chief directly asap would be my recommendation. I know a few people seemed to have Claras arrive with different missing pieces, so BC should be able to sort that out for you, hopefully. Log into your account, hit the support tab, and lodge a ticket, you should hear back in a (regular business) day or so, usually.

Big Chief used to have pretty awful customer service, as I know from painful experience, and could be a nightmare headache to try and deal with back in the day, but I've personally had a lot better experience with them over the past couple of years, so that's one area where I think they really have improved in leaps and bounds from the old days. Dealing with CS issues is always a pain, but the two figures I've had issues with in recent times (the ninth doctor, and one of the recent figures) they have sorted me out no problems. Bit of a wait sometimes, but they're a small outfit so as long as it gets sorted that doesn't personally bother me too much.

Anyway, best of luck. Hope you get it all sorted.

I emailed... had a few emails back and forth prior to shipping... and all in all, a VERY disappointed in the experience I know it's a small outfit... but you would think that would ENCOURAGE them to pay MORE attention to customer service. They had my money for 2 YEARS... and not a MENTION of appreciation or even NOTICE.

Mines is still in customs. I think she likes it there.
I’m hoping to have it next week, but I won’t hold my breath...

Arrived today....
7C0CABB1-A217-4161-9470-B2E53F4D69AD.jpg

This is a figure that I was pleasantly surprised with from opening the box, to going through the really cool accessories to getting a chance to set it up.
The face is great, and I do like the paint apps.
81D0306A-2521-44B2-8FF5-C5FB9876DB2F.jpeg

The figure holds up well. Feels solid, has great joints, and the outfit is so well tailored.

DC28B89E-7182-403D-B6FA-502F64C6B2DE.jpg
0B14ED5F-66CF-4F84-A1AF-C8BF3E595ED3.jpg

And here are all the girls together, and they even brought the Doctor...
ADEE6092-9EFE-43CC-B2D1-1F4DA8C774FE.jpg

It's a pretty figure, but not worth the price.

I find the headsculpt good, but the painting is bad. The lines of the eyeliner are not regular, the eyes are lacking of life. There is also a big lack of makeup.

If you have skills in painting, you can fix this and get a pretty good headsculpt, but for collectors with no talents like me... =/

There are many accessories, the glasses (open and closed), two sonic screwdrivers (blue and green), an open and closed sonic screwdriver, Clara's diary with the sheet, a cell phone, and of course, the imposing book.

When you take the signature edition, you have the little base signed by the hand of Jenna Coleman, it's something fun if you're a "fan" of the actress and the character, nevertheless, I regret that there is no picture of the actress next to the figurine in the certificate of authenticity, they did it for the Karen Gillan figurine and others.

The clothes are nice, the jacket is well done, however, watch out for small buttons that tend to come off. I don't know what glue to use to put them back, but it doesn't show anyway.

The skirt is made of a sort of paper but it's pretty well done. The tights and the jacket are well done too.

In fact, if you are a fan of Doctor Who, but most of all, of the character and the actress, it's undoubtedly a beautiful figurine to add to your collection. But keep in mind that it's a very expensive figurine, especially if you don't live in England, the bill far exceeds 300€.

But well, for this price, they could try at least to make a good painting on the HS. I know it's not an Hot Toys, but well, we pay the same price as for an Hot Toys...

But I like the actress, I like the character, I like Doctor Who, so I like this figure, because even if the paint is bad, there is a pretty good likeness with the actress.

Yeah I agree it's way overpriced (especially when you factor in their shipping), but I was a big fan of the character and the underlying likeness is so strong that it still feels worth it to me.

Yeah I agree it's way overpriced (especially when you factor in their shipping), but I was a big fan of the character and the underlying likeness is so strong that it still feels worth it to me.

Yeah, that's why I bought mine too ^^

I like so much the actress and the character. So when I saw a figure of Clara, and signed by Jenna Coleman, I was like "Oh I just can't miss this figure".

But that doesn't excuse the defects of the figurine ! I find it almost shameful for the price. This figurine worth 160/170 € maximum.

Yeah I was considering picking up a Weeping Angel since $120 seemed like a great price for that... but then you factor in shipping and it suddenly jumps up to $170, which just made it too much for me.

Just ordered a signature edition with Big Chief's current sale on. About US $160 for it right now.

Congrats! She's a really nice figure. :)

There are some pretty good 1/6 scale buys in that BCS sale which is great for those who don't have them (or waited)...half wish I'd have waited, could have saved myself a fair bit of cash. :slap

Back