Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Clara Oswald

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know before they said something about wanting to wait to get more preorders in first, as there were no new episodes last year to create buzz for DW. But now that the 10th season has come and gone I'm sure they've gotten all the orders they're possibly going to get for this figure. And it's just time to release the dang thing.

the last update from them said that she'd be coming in October... but when she didn't show at San Diego... I'm worried....

Sigh, looks like the wait for this continues...

We are currently expecting Clara to arrive in stock the early in the New Year, that's the latest update from the factory.

We had hoped to get her in before Christmas but we been informed by the factory that Clara will arrive in the New Year and could be looking at February/March.

Curious to know where this was posted (both Big Chiefs Facebook and Twitter page seem to be gone, strange) and is it just Clara that's delayed or is the War Doctor pushed back again as well.

Curious to know where this was posted (both Big Chiefs Facebook and Twitter page seem to be gone, strange) and is it just Clara that's delayed or is the War Doctor pushed back again as well.

I tried to look at their Facebook page earlier today as well - thought it was just my computer playing up! Would really like to know what's going on with the War Doctor too as I still need to pay for him...Clara's all paid for (although with these delays not sure if that's a good thing or not - I could have hung onto that cash!!:mad:). BCS really need to let us know about these things or at least put revised release dates on their site, it's not good customer service at all. :(

I tried to look at their Facebook page earlier today as well - thought it was just my computer playing up! Would really like to know what's going on with the War Doctor too as I still need to pay for him...Clara's all paid for (although with these delays not sure if that's a good thing or not - I could have hung onto that cash!!:mad:). BCS really need to let us know about these things or at least put revised release dates on their site, it's not good customer service at all. :(

They always respond to emails super fast. Their figures are always delayed, but I've never had a problem with support. Always super friendly and willing to help.

I really regret that I already paid for this figure in full, never again. Tbh I lost interest. Debating if I should cancel despite the bad conversion rate or sell her once I got her. Guess I'll have to take a loss either way. Have a few figures on my want list right now, could have used the money for one of those.

See this is the problem with doing companions, you have to get them out quick because once they leave the show interest drops. Clara has been off the show for how long now?

See this is the problem with doing companions, you have to get them out quick because once they leave the show interest drops. Clara has been off the show for how long now?

:lecture

Ain't that the truth!

The only safe companions are tried and true. I am fairly certain Sarah Jane would be highly anticipated. Jo Grant. Leela.

BCS needs to get some Daleks into production. That would be like printing money.

:lecture

Ain't that the truth!

The only safe companions are tried and true. I am fairly certain Sarah Jane would be highly anticipated. Jo Grant. Leela.

BCS needs to get some Daleks into production. That would be like printing money.

Would they have to work a separate deal to be able to do Daleks?

I can definitely understand the frustration, but for me Clara was such a memorable companion that I'm still looking forward to getting this. Especially when the sculpt looks so damn good and captures her so well.

I'm still looking forward to this figure. The likeness to Jenna Coleman is great (though I much prefer her later make-up and eyebrow style). I just hope the production sculpt and paint I is as good as the promo pics.

I loved Clara, and the head sculpt is really good (though I also would've preferred a Series 9 or Day of the Doctor look). My big hesitation with preordering was the paint work- Big Chief hasn't had a good track record with paint apps (or tailoring), and after the 9th and 10th Doctors, I'm not buying anything from them again without seeing the final production version.

I loved Clara, and the head sculpt is really good (though I also would've preferred a Series 9 or Day of the Doctor look). My big hesitation with preordering was the paint work- Big Chief hasn't had a good track record with paint apps (or tailoring), and after the 9th and 10th Doctors, I'm not buying anything from them again without seeing the final production version.

Agree to that. I know that getting the factory paint to the expected level today can be really hard, but currently all my Big Chief figures (Sherlock and Watson, 3 doctors) are in "need a repaint asap to not be the black sheep in my collection", and when you factor the repaint commission plus the base price (which isn't exactly cheap)... I simply cannot afford to buy more from them, unless they start to deliver on release.

I really regret that I already paid for this figure in full, never again. Tbh I lost interest. Debating if I should cancel despite the bad conversion rate or sell her once I got her. Guess I'll have to take a loss either way. Have a few figures on my want list right now, could have used the money for one of those.

I regret paying in full as well. Ironically this was the last figure I paid for in full - just before I decided that payment plans were the better option (yeah I know...should have done this from the start in hindsight!). :slap If I'm ordering from BCS though they just get the deposit now...the delays with their figures are just crazy. Money may as well sit in my account as theirs. With all these delays, it makes me wonder when we'll get the 8th Doctor - guessing it won't be February 2018! :lol

I'm still looking forward to this figure. The likeness to Jenna Coleman is great (though I much prefer her later make-up and eyebrow style). I just hope the production sculpt and paint I is as good as the promo pics.

:exactly: Me too! :pray: Won't be cancelling as I do think it's a great looking figure and sculpt...just hope it is worth the wait.

Back