Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Clara Oswald

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could have lived without her, but like with most companions, if they nail it then they'll probably get my money.

Really hanging out to see the pics if the War Doctor and Eight, though.

Yeah the bodies for both Clara and Rose are just way too skinny. Of course HT made Scarlett Johansson way too skinny in all their figures as well, so it's obviously a common problem.

Seems like the only thing they ever want to vary up on these female figures is the breast size. Lol
I guess they're all boob guys hahaha?

I suppose they could do padded undersuits for the hips and tuchus. Should be a feasible concept.

Leaps and bounds better than the Amy attempt.

View attachment 223283

Her hair is too light. Needs to be darker brown. I also don't like the outfit. This would be an instant purchase if she was in the red "Souffle Girl" outfit from "Asylum of the Daleks." I thought after the Amy Pond fiasco that BCS was staying away from female figures for awhile?

It's been more than three and a half years since the Amy Pond debacle (a figure so bad the signature edition of 250 is still in stock to this day), so I'd say that more than constitutes 'a while' by most anyone's standards. :)

...and you've just given them the next Doctor Who Festival exclusive...:slap

Oh I certainly hope not. That's one I would want really bad.

maxresdefault.jpg

I like the outfit they chose but I would love her with hairstyle and dress from The Snowmen. If they ever make another Clara I hope it will be that. Nothing against the Oswin look, just not my personal favourite.

I love the Oswin look... but that's Oswin, not Clara. She was in one episode in that look. It'd be a cool thing to include with another character or something as an add-on, though, I suppose.

After watching Face the Raven, my reason to get her just increased tenfold.

And after the pic on the front of this month's Who mag, she is going to have to get a pair of white converse.

Last night's episode definitely made me want her even more, even though I was going to get her anyway and hoping for a signature edition, but I want her in the clothing from last night.

The good thing with Clara's wardrobe is that its sort of ordinary, and, quite easy to locate. And a signature edition would be pretty cool. I do like those signiture plaques.

The only thing is the hair. I really like the shorter hair on Jenna. I would imagine that a recent series look with short hair and in this clothing especially given what The Doctor was wearing, would make a good exclusive.

The face is bang on! Clara, indeed. But I hope the hair sculpt of the finished product is more defined. In the image, Clara's hair seems too plastic looking. Hair sculpt is always a make-or-break for me. Hot Toys Maria Hill did sculpted hair right. Copy their technique and I will figure out someway to make this figure mine.

I saw the Big Chief stand at the NEC show yesterday and was really impressed. They had the same display as at the Doctor Who Convention last weekend so was able to see Clara. I was worried that she had a look of Christina Ricci but in person the likeness is great; spot on for Jenna Coleman. Here's a quick phone pic.

IMG_5301s.jpg

I saw the Big Chief stand at the NEC show yesterday and was really impressed. They had the same display as at the Doctor Who Convention last weekend so was able to see Clara. I was worried that she had a look of Christina Ricci but in person the likeness is great; spot on for Jenna Coleman. Here's a quick phone pic.

View attachment 225050

I hope they'll make her eyebrows thicker and darker though. Jenna does have rather prominent eyebrows.

image.jpeg

I love the look of this figure - it's a fantastic likeness, definitely definitely getting this! :rock

Back