'Beyond: Two Souls' starring Ellen Page -- from Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain devs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man... I just played a few hours of Heavy Rain and the acting along with the scenarios are pretty bad... expected a lot better for such a story driven game.

so will this exclusive content be made available later?
and why is this game letterboxed?

to me it feels more like black bars burning into my plasma. will get this game down the road since my plate is full right now.

to me it feels more like black bars burning into my plasma. will get this game down the road since my plate is full right now.

It's that too, but then, if you play a game on a plasma, there's bound to be something burning into your screen. I have a plasma BTW.

heavy rain didn't have a hud nothing that could burn in. with dragon's crown I would change the screen size so that the hud wasn't always in the same place. I get they are going for a cinematic feel, but it's just 2 black bars in my way.

the scene where your running thru the forest was scary since I never knew when slender was going to creep up on me.

Man... I just played a few hours of Heavy Rain and the acting along with the scenarios are pretty bad... expected a lot better for such a story driven game.

Everyone's entitled to their flawed opinions...:monkey3

heavy rain didn't have a hud nothing that could burn in. with dragon's crown I would change the screen size so that the hud wasn't always in the same place. I get they are going for a cinematic feel, but it's just 2 black bars in my way.

the scene where your running thru the forest was scary since I never knew when slender was going to creep up on me.

You know, I played the demo twice without even realizing the black line areas were there until I heard someone talk about them later. Maybe it's all the widescreen movies I watch but it doesn't really bother me.

If it's something you're not use to however, I can see where they'd be distracting.

I agree. It's lame, but the guy making these games is obsessed with making games that are as close to movies as possible. Unfortunately, nobody told him that movies are often shot at standard widescreen as well.

Well, hopefully it is not only as good as heavy rain but it's even better.

If it's really good, which I expect it will be, hopefully that will be enough for you guys to enjoy it and overlook the distracting lined.

Well, hopefully it is not only as good as heavy rain but it's even better.

If it's really good, which I expect it will be, hopefully that will be enough for you guys to enjoy it and overlook the distracting lined.

It's not that it's a distraction. The bars easily burn into plasma tvs. People tend to game for longer periods than a movie usually lasts, so it's just something that you'll have to be careful of if you have a plasma. It seems totally unnecessary is all.

Oh okay gotcha. Yeah that's a bit of a shame. I can see why they'd do it, after all it's supposed to be like an interactive movie. But I wouldn't want it to hurt someone's tv.

My take is, if you are gaming for more than 2 hours straight anyway, maybe it's time to take a break, rest the eyes, stretch the legs and maybe go outside for a bit? :rotfl

I Always get after images in my plasma.
Don't forget games with huds that are always there.
Or watching long movies.

Either way, I give myself and the tv breaks.

Modern plasmas, don't have the issues of permanent burn in, like older ones anyway.
Also, just change to something that is full screen and moving, to kind of help "erase" gaming after images.

My take is, if you are gaming for more than 2 hours straight anyway, maybe it's time to take a break, rest the eyes, stretch the legs and maybe go outside for a bit? :rotfl

I Always get after images in my plasma.
Don't forget games with huds that are always there.
Or watching long movies.

Either way, I give myself and the tv breaks.

Modern plasmas, don't have the issues of permanent burn in, like older ones anyway.
Also, just change to something that is full screen and moving, to kind of help "erase" gaming after images.
Or....don't have black bars in games.

Back