Beware the Recaster(s)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always get a kick when people refer to paperwork to figure out what is morally correct ... kinda reveals their mental deficiencies :monkey1...

Well for entertainment sake let's get the real story then. :dunno

You would love that wouldn't you? :wave But your boy toy already to broke it down for you. :dunno

I'm gonna stop now. Such waste of time. Just chimed in to say, who cares. These arguments just go round and round. They always do. :dunno

Be and let be. It's part of the hobby and not just this hobby.

You're trolling dude. Just warning you because there's a mod in here that loves to, in her words, "hand out infractions like candies." :lol

Seriously? Don't involve me in your petty squabbles. And obviously someone doesn't know a joke when they hear one. :lol

Oh Jesus Christ, back the hell off. He doesn't have to justify himself to you, to Nam, or to anyone.

You both hate recasts and anything that can even be interpreted as being one. Thats good, because no one is forcing you to buy it.
But get off your freaking high horse and learn to tolerate people that don't believe what you do.
For reasons that have already been made pretty clear, its not going anywhere. So grow up and deal with it.

There is not a single person in this thread that is rooting for the recasters. We just keep going round and round over the degrees to which we dislike them.

Oh Jesus Christ, back the hell off. He doesn't have to justify himself to you, to Nam, or to anyone.

You both hate recasts and anything that can even be interpreted as being one. Thats good, because no one is forcing you to buy it.
But get off your freaking high horse and learn to tolerate people that don't believe what you do.

There is not a single person in this thread that is rooting for the recasters. We just keep going round and round over the degrees to which we don't like them.

Sure he does. This is a discussion. He entered the discussion, thus his ideas, experiences and practices are open for discussion. As are yours and mine. Don't like that? Too bad. :violin

I find this thread very entertaining and funny but I think we have strayed abit from the discussion of recasting haha

I got one...

What if someone re-sculpts a licensed product leaving lets say 15% of the original sculpt stock but the rest has been reworked, then casts it and sells it?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I got one...

What if someone re-sculpts a licensed product leaving lets say 15% of the original sculpt stock but the rest has been reworked, then casts it and sells it?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Are you referring to MRM's Joker? I stay away from that thread because i honestly think its a straight recast with the hair ripped off and real hair added

That's extreme gray area. If it's only 15% though, it's gotta be almost unrecognizable from the original. Like, keeping the nose or something. Seems like they might as well just restart from scratch. Only speaking for myself, but I don't know if I would feel totally comfortable with it unless I also owned an original of the version that was modded. Truth is though, I'm not sure we would know how often things like this happened.

If it's something like Rainman modding his own sculpt (Bill Butcher into Daniel Plainview; Grove's McFlys or Walter Whites) then there's no issue IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back