BESTA shelf with glass doors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate , they take about a week and a half to get sent out and I'll probably need a few days to sort everything out but I'd imagine I'll be able to post some photo's in around two weeks. :)

Looking forward to it, I wish I was at that stage. At the moment everything is piled into the shape of a cube about 4 ft high. Covered with a blanket. If I ever had a flood I'd be royally screwed!!! :thud: Having them sitting in their shippers/boxes seems depressing and exciting all at once.

How many did you order? And did you add any options?

I have a detolf and a besta, with the intention of all the 1:6 in the detolf, the 1:4's in the besta, but tbh the 1:6ths look great in either!!

I Thought of doing both, and using the besta strictly for HT DX figures. Because those usually include backdrops that don't fit in the detolf. But at the moment I'm looking into a company that recycles used/overstock display cases for retail. And so far so good in regards to pricing. Hopefully one day I will dip into the PF, as there are so many nice pieces available. Especially for SW

sheesh the tombo doors are a pain in the ass to implement on the besta.. the instructions leave alot (even for ikea) to be desired.

sheesh the tombo doors are a pain in the ass to implement on the besta.. the instructions leave alot (even for ikea) to be desired.

Yes, they are terrible. And mostly hang a little. I am very good at putting shelving together so it's not a noob thing. Also, my man friend has the same issue. lol. So anyways, they suck. But the outcome looks great.

I am putting together the doors with the screw hinge piece already attached to the door.. rather than struggling to line them up and "snap" them on.

If there's one thing i'd suggest when putting Bestas and other similar things from Ikea together, it's make sure you know where the screws and other things are going, as if you put screws in those holes too many times, the holes look crap!

If there's one thing i'd suggest when putting Bestas and other similar things from Ikea together, it's make sure you know where the screws and other things are going, as if you put screws in those holes too many times, the holes look crap!

I learned the hard way a few years ago :slap

Got mine partially set up now , hopefully going to secure them to the wall tomorrow and get some photo's up sometime next week. :)

Back