Best value Star Wars-related purchase (steal!) you ever made?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys Leia, exclusive Han, exclusive Luke, Chewie, Sandtrooper and SS Scout trooper for under 1k.

I've been wanting a Hot Toys Limited Space Trooper for awhile. Finally pulled the trigger - after I got my eBay Bucks coupon. I've been saving up and holding on to these quarterly and figured now was time to cash in and start 2017 off with a bang! My final cost for my HT Space Trooper......under $14! :)

09af27bf098c20d1ac4b176a9325a335.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well played indeed!:clap

Whats an eBay bucks coupon? :dunno

Ebay bucks is cash back on eBay purchases. It's free all you have to do is activate it. No fees. No BS, just every 3 months you will get a coupon in regards to what you spent, but there is a trick to it....about once a week, ebay will run deals where at certain times you can earn 8%, 10%, or even up 15% on whatever you purchase for that day or couple days. So if I'm planning on buying something big I wait to purchase until I can active the special extra %, and my Robocop with mechanical chair which I got for $229 I ended up banking $34.50 in ebay bucks because it was during a 15% deal for that weekend. Since they do these every 90 days I get a decent ebay Bucks coupon every three months. For my Space Trooper that was from all $$ I spent on Christmas for my kids, other family, and friends. Again waited for the right times to shop and cashed in. I like it cause it yields a better return then Sideshow earnings and I usually can get pieces cheaper off eBay brand new then I can from SS.

Ebay bucks is cash back on eBay purchases. It's free all you have to do is activate it. No fees. No BS, just every 3 months you will get a coupon in regards to what you spent, but there is a trick to it....about once a week, ebay will run deals where at certain times you can earn 8%, 10%, or even up 15% on whatever you purchase for that day or couple days. So if I'm planning on buying something big I wait to purchase until I can active the special extra %, and my Robocop with mechanical chair which I got for $229 I ended up banking $34.50 in ebay bucks because it was during a 15% deal for that weekend. Since they do these every 90 days I get a decent ebay Bucks coupon every three months. For my Space Trooper that was from all $$ I spent on Christmas for my kids, other family, and friends. Again waited for the right times to shop and cashed in. I like it cause it yields a better return then Sideshow earnings and I usually can get pieces cheaper off eBay brand new then I can from SS.

Wow! Never knew about all that.

Where abouts in eBay do you go to activate eBay bucks?

Wow! Never knew about all that.

Where abouts in eBay do you go to activate eBay bucks?

Honestly I've been doing this so long I can't remember. In your ebay dashboard look under purchases or in the ebay forum look up how to activate it. When I did mine it was when ebay Bucks first started and I was sent an invite and I joined.

To me it's like how Sideshow will offer incentives and coupons, but when I know I'm going to get 10-15% back on a purchase, it makes it a bit easier to pull the trigger on some big ticket items because your eBay Bucks can be spent on anything you want on eBay with zero restrictions. My biggest ebay Bucks earnings was just at $200 ($198) which helped with me with a 1/4 Enterbay Robocop. Which EforCity had marked down to $280.99 with free shipping. So I know a lot of people complained about the figure. It's too light, the jet pack is stupid (I actually liked Robocop 3 so I didn't mind the jet pack)....anyway there were a lot of complaints but most of those people paid over $500 for their Robos....and now I look at mine which ended up costing me $82.99 out of pocket...and I can't see one single thing wrong with him. Best part when I bought him....even though I used ebay Bucks to purchase him, I got him during one of those earning % days so I earned 10% of the purchase price even though I bought him with ebay Bucks. $82.99 was my final cash price paid but I also earned on top of that another $28.09 in ebay cash. Which is part of the $$ I used to buy my SpaceTrooper. Also bought my Space Trooper during a ebay extra % back so even though I spent under $14 for him I earned $17.90 in cash back. In essence I was paid $3.90 to take him if you think about it that way.

You can use it to your advantage. Just save items your interested in on your watch list - and if it was something your going to buy anyway just wait purchase and pay for them during the "earn extra ebay bucks" promotions and follow through doing that for the next 3 months when you get your ebay Bucks coupon in March (which is the next one) you'll have banked more then you would imagine.

The only auction I ever won where I got a 'steal' ($70 less than MRSP) was my Gentle Giant Padme :)

Honestly I've been doing this so long I can't remember. In your ebay dashboard look under purchases or in the ebay forum look up how to activate it. When I did mine it was when ebay Bucks first started and I was sent an invite and I joined.

To me it's like how Sideshow will offer incentives and coupons, but when I know I'm going to get 10-15% back on a purchase, it makes it a bit easier to pull the trigger on some big ticket items because your eBay Bucks can be spent on anything you want on eBay with zero restrictions. My biggest ebay Bucks earnings was just at $200 ($198) which helped with me with a 1/4 Enterbay Robocop. Which EforCity had marked down to $280.99 with free shipping. So I know a lot of people complained about the figure. It's too light, the jet pack is stupid (I actually liked Robocop 3 so I didn't mind the jet pack)....anyway there were a lot of complaints but most of those people paid over $500 for their Robos....and now I look at mine which ended up costing me $82.99 out of pocket...and I can't see one single thing wrong with him. Best part when I bought him....even though I used ebay Bucks to purchase him, I got him during one of those earning % days so I earned 10% of the purchase price even though I bought him with ebay Bucks. $82.99 was my final cash price paid but I also earned on top of that another $28.09 in ebay cash. Which is part of the $$ I used to buy my SpaceTrooper. Also bought my Space Trooper during a ebay extra % back so even though I spent under $14 for him I earned $17.90 in cash back. In essence I was paid $3.90 to take him if you think about it that way.

You can use it to your advantage. Just save items your interested in on your watch list - and if it was something your going to buy anyway just wait purchase and pay for them during the "earn extra ebay bucks" promotions and follow through doing that for the next 3 months when you get your ebay Bucks coupon in March (which is the next one) you'll have banked more then you would imagine.

I just googled how to activate eBay bucks and you have to sign up for it first and then and then an eBay bucks icon appears in listing details.

I go to sign up and it says its for USA residents only. :lecture

Explains why I have never heard of it before as I am in Australia. LOL! :slap

Count in another disgruntled Australian! Sounds like a great coupon system. :(

Back