BEST DECKARD FIGURE EVER thanx to kind eBayers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V3 comes with Deckard's gun painted black, right? and the V1 comes with the inaccurate silver/chrome color? What's strange is that I've seen some places that sold a V3 (with two heads) with the silver blaster. Or is it supposed to be this way?

My V3 came with the silver gun with yellowish orange grips... he also has the tan holster (another variation). I honestly don't know if one is supposed to come with a certain configuration... I just know what mine came with.

I don't really need a Rachael, but Batty is a must! Have you ever worked on one of those Spenser?

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but isn't the SST Indy headsculpt a perfect starting point for a Deckard figure?
One would have to redo the hair, but the sculpt seems perfect.

why? that SS sculpt is really sweet (the master Trevor's i think?) but Spenser's is dead on w/ no reworking of hair needed. and i think i'm gonna see the outfit that Shawn whips up for his Deckard before i buy an Adroid Hunter. Shawns costuming can be astounding.

why? that SS sculpt is really sweet (the master Trevor's i think?) but Spenser's is dead on w/ no reworking of hair needed. and i think i'm gonna see the outfit that Shawn whips up for his Deckard before i buy an Adroid Hunter. Shawns costuming can be astounding.

Well, Spenser's is the best Deckard sculpt I've seen, but the SS Indy is the best Ford sculpt I've seen, period. I think with the hair reworked, it could be amazing. I'm going to wait to see what Shawn comes up with for the outfit, and I might get it if it's markedly better than the Android Hunter figure. But to be frank I don't see myself using his head for my final figure.

I was also just thinking about that. I'm hoping one of our amazingly talented customizers on the board here will do just that. Cast the Indy head, rework the hair (into an appropriate BESPIN Han AND Rick Deckard), then offer them up to us fellow freaks!

Are we just openly talking about recasting now? It may just be because I’ve been recast on numerous occasions that I feel this way, but to suggest that some one rework an SS sculpt and then cast them and “make them available” just doesn't seem right.

Has that been done here on the SSF before, Because I thought this sort of thing was frowned upon. :confused:

I believe the thinking is that if you change something, even something small, it's no longer recasting, it's something 'new' because it's been reworked. :confused:

Well, I do know that Darren has resculpted the Legolas, Anakin, and Arnie heads, and Les has resculpted the Hicks head, and they are making those available. I don't really know what the "rules" are about that kind of thing though.

I personally was just talking about buying a nude Indy figure (if possible) and resculpting the hair myself, for my own use.

I was also just thinking about that. I'm hoping one of our amazingly talented customizers on the board here will do just that. Cast the Indy head, rework the hair (into an appropriate BESPIN Han AND Rick Deckard), then offer them up to us fellow freaks! :D

Darren? Mikey? Les? Josh?...Any of you guys up for this? :chew

I have been thinking of doing this for weeks. Once that Indy figure comes out ill resculpt his dome.

I forgot about Rachael, here’s the sculpt I was working on... It looks a lot better in person these pictures are old, I‘ve done more work to it. As soon as I can remember to get batteries for my camera all take better shots.

rachael1.jpg

And i def want to see the progress pics of this sculpt. Looks pretty darn good. :D

Yes, I'm very interested in Rachel (although I think the outfit will probably be even more of an issue than the head). I think the sculpt looks great, but it just needs some tweaking so that it looks more like Sean Young.

I'm thinking of a body switch-out for my Android Hunter, which would be the best? I'm thinking the SS buck body or an Hot Toys body (although those are hard to find?).

Dragon Neo bodies are easy and cheap to get. And they have very good scale and proportions.

As to re-casting. My understanding is that these fine customizers don't re-cast. They rework the sculpts extensively and then offer them in limited numbers to fellow board members. Usually with no or little profit.

And, I have absolutely no problem with that. Neither, it seems, do the artists who have sculpted the originals, as this is openly discussed in these forums.

Looking forward to news on the Deckard figure.

I'm thinking of a body switch-out for my Android Hunter, which would be the best? I'm thinking the SS buck body or an Hot Toys body (although those are hard to find?).

I used the Neo 3. The Hap Daly figure specifically. I used some DiD hands though.

V3 comes with Deckard's gun painted black, right? and the V1 comes with the inaccurate silver/chrome color? What's strange is that I've seen some places that sold a V3 (with two heads) with the silver blaster. Or is it supposed to be this way?

Mine came unboxed with both heads and a silver blaster, which I repainted to have the two-tone look of the real prop (this is a repro):

coyle-a-m-1-640.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for info guys. I actually have a neo body, but it was the one used for the Onimusha Samanosuke figure, which has has a pair of annoying sandaled feet.

Yeah I got my awesome Deckard head today too! Needs a bit of cleaning up but raw casts always do. Can't wait to work on this sucker. Thanks Spenser!

Back