Best Custom Figure of 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one deserves to be called "Custom of the Year"

• Killer A [Rainman]

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Cowboy [iminime]

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Driver/Soldier [Rainman]

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Wallstreet Killer [iminime]

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • Bio-Exorcist [betomatali]

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • The Inspector [Velvet Morning]

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Oldman Dracula [Spenser]

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Gangsters [Rainman]

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Crazy Detectives [iminime]

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Looks like the Cowboy is going to trump the opposition.

I went for the Cowboy, The sculpting work is up there with anything I've seen in the 1/6 figure world. In person the sculpts are unreal.

I only own two of the figures on the list. The Cowboy & Wall Street Killer, so maybe I am biased. The Wall Street Killer is also a great figure, with a superb sculpt of Bale.

I agree with Hhh none of the above I think this year MG holds the best custom figure.

I present MG's Grinch!
image_zps6e6df77f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Weird that it's actually a list of small run figures... not really a single custom/one-off in the lot :lol

There are a few pieces missing but not too many outshine those first four...and if you really want to be honest...the Jason part 3 as good as it was...is not up to par...great accessories and all but it doesn't hit like I thought it would...I would put Mike's Grinch, D-Chung's running man, and Xeno's driver respectively at 5 through 7...jAson would be mixed in between those numbers....

Next year will no doubt be ruled Iminime but army and Magnus's sho-nuff will also shine...not to mention anything mike is attached to like Austin powers and the dumb and dumber boys...Johnny's Freddy...and whatever Beto releases....which reminds me that I'm eagerly awaiting his full reveal for Ash...:)

You make a GREAT point seb...there should be some distinction about the real "custom" works...in which case you are the king of that mountain for sure!!...:)

You make a GREAT point seb...there should be some distinction about the real "custom" works...in which case you are the king of that mountain for sure!!...:)

:lol well there is a lot of talented artist that vuild some impressive figures that i will put above all of those.

Rather than vote for any one figure, this is a good place to thank the people making the many great figures we are now seeing. The number of successful (and promising) projects on which we have to choose to spend $ is at times overwhelming.

Xenoviper Driver, Beto Jason 3, Cheungkinmen Rocky, and mg2065 Grinch have had multiple mentions. Of these I'd probably add Grinch to the poll if I could revise it. I based the list mostly on the strength of the head sculpt and accessories.

I did not include any one-offs since, while there are many good ones, not many people have seen them in hand to make a qualified call. Hence I relegated to small run customs.

However, it should really be noted that there are so many good one-offs such as <insert any Elvis figure here>, zebraten's stuff which I think are phenomenal as well, and even GI Joes from Mando and Darkness which I think are just amazing.

Weird that it's actually a list of small run figures... not really a single custom/one-off in the lot :lol
Yeah, I sort of assumed the OP was referring to "smallish run customs for sale." If not, Elvis's work can not be overlooked, nor Mando's. In any case, lots of fantastic custom (or customish) stuff out there, and if anyone is honest, it's only subjective taste that dictates one being higher than another.

Back