Bespin Luke 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, forgot all about this dude! I was helping Ma get back from the hospital, sitting around, posting crap...and a little bird in my brain said, LUKE! :lol

Well, I got the regular one! :D
He'll do. I don't need no stinking tourniquet! :lol
My Luke's destined for a duel! Not sad days of recouperation!

But, I hope all you who wanted the Exclusive got one. :D

Order went right on through. Easy. But it was an hour and 15 into it...

The 'stump' hand is currently planned to be included in both versions of the figure.

We'll correct that on the website shortly.

Of course. If something doesn't make sense about a figure, it's because they forgot to say so. Everybody who is not small and feathered and has drumsticks made specially for a miniature BBQ knows that.

Why not try the waitlist Les? He sold out fairly slowly... I'm sure you'd get it converted.

I got on the Plo waitlist like 4 months after he was PPO'd and still got a conversion :lol

I appreciate you taking the time to point this out.

From my perspective as the consumer, I see something that looks slightly off and wonder how this "obvious" "problem" (both words intentionally in quotes, they may be neither depending on your perspective or one or the other) couldn't have been caught in the development stage.

My perspective is clouded by a certain degree of ignorance.

For example, I look at the incorrectly sized tabbards and think, "If I were creating the prototype for this, how could I miss the length/width if I spent 5 minutes comparing it to these reference photographs?" And if I were to see the problem, I can't see it taking very long to fix (make a new estimate of length, cut it, test it). At most a day or two?

I also write software for a living. While I'm not directly equating the two jobs, I think there's likely to be a similarity between schedules and deadlines. I'm used to making compromises between perfection and "good enough" so I can understand that perspective as well. Does that factor into it as well and how or does delays at the development/prototype stage affect production? For example, would say, a day's delay of preparing the prototyping/pattering the costumes affect the actual production by say, weeks or months?

(If it does, from my perspective since I wait so long between the pre-order to actual product, a week or two delay is completely unimportant to me if it would mean ganing more accuracy)

Am I close to the mark as to how these "obvious" "problems" can happen? If not, can you explain how they do happen?

Good post, hopefully this isn't lost within all the ordering comments.

Good post, hopefully this isn't lost within all the ordering comments.

I read it. It seems like the whole concept of what it means to be a protoptype is lost on cheesus.

The prototypes are the versions that get tweaked. They are works in progress. If one particular oversight makes it to the prototype stage, that is what is to be expected.

Now when it goes to production and we still see something like Han's pockets... thats another story.

Now when it goes to production and we still see something like Han's pockets... thats another story.

But thats the point in bringing up all this now when the prototype is wrong. You can't expect changes from prototype to production to happen if we first don't criticize the proto.

But thats the point in bringing up all this now when the prototype is wrong. You can't expect changes from prototype to production to happen if we first don't criticize the proto.

Totally agree.

By the way. I just took the pic (which I will post later this PM). In comparison with the screen shot you posted, his arm length is exactly right. However they tailored the jacket to hang lower (especially at the cuffs). This in conjunction with the too-large hands my contribute to the illusion that he is still monkey armed, when in fact he is not.

Totally agree.

By the way. I just took the pic (which I will post later this PM). In comparison with the screen shot you posted, his arm length is exactly right. However they tailored the jacket to hang lower (especially at the cuffs). This in conjunction with the too-large hands my contribute to the illusion that he is still monkey armed, when in fact he is not.

Can't wait to see the pic to give my review of it. IMO "the arms are fine" and "the cuffs hang lower" are contradictory since the cuffs are supposed to hang to the wrists.

Maybe they made the jacket too short?

Phew, then I'm glad they got the best version of Luke out of the way before deciding to release nothing but background aliens from here on out. :naughty

As long as they have lightsabers, they can release all they want.

Can't wait to see the pic to give my review of it. IMO "the arms are fine" and "the cuffs hang lower" are contradictory since the cuffs are supposed to hang to the wrists.

Or made the forearms too long?

:lol:lol:lol:lol I just went back and saw them... Thats hilarious!!!! His hands are HUGE!!!!! :lol:lol:lol:lol

Yeah man,I'll stick with Medicom and give these SS's to my 7 year old.I mean at least with the Jedi figures you could hide those big ass hands in the sleeves of the robe or undergarment.They should have known better and made the hands smaller do to Luke's outfit having the real short tight sleeves.

Yeah man,I'll stick with Medicom and give these SS's to my 7 year old.I mean at least with the Jedi figures you could hide those big ass hands in the sleeves of the robe or undergarment.They should have known better and made the hands smaller do to Luke's outfit having the real short tight sleeves.

But the Medicom figures have small genitals.:monkey3

Nope. His wrists rest exactly where they would naturally (and in Progs pic). I can't explain it very well because I don't know much about tayloring but the sleeves are too long but I think that has to do with cut of the jacket and how it rests on the body.

:confused:

Lots of presumption in that statement.

Back