Bespin Luke 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't comment on Han's Jacket or Qui-gon or Anakin's tabbards, or even as to the construction of Luke. All of these projects were in development before my time at Sideshow...but breaking down the costuming like that is kind of like arguing that sculpting is simply making a nose, lips, ears and eyes on a ball of clay. there's a complexity in making these outfits that I think goes unrealized by many.
I appreciate you taking the time to point this out.

From my perspective as the consumer, I see something that looks slightly off and wonder how this "obvious" "problem" (both words intentionally in quotes, they may be neither depending on your perspective or one or the other) couldn't have been caught in the development stage.

My perspective is clouded by a certain degree of ignorance.

For example, I look at the incorrectly sized tabbards and think, "If I were creating the prototype for this, how could I miss the length/width if I spent 5 minutes comparing it to these reference photographs?" And if I were to see the problem, I can't see it taking very long to fix (make a new estimate of length, cut it, test it). At most a day or two?

I also write software for a living. While I'm not directly equating the two jobs, I think there's likely to be a similarity between schedules and deadlines. I'm used to making compromises between perfection and "good enough" so I can understand that perspective as well. Does that factor into it as well and how or does delays at the development/prototype stage affect production? For example, would say, a day's delay of preparing the prototyping/pattering the costumes affect the actual production by say, weeks or months?

(If it does, from my perspective since I wait so long between the pre-order to actual product, a week or two delay is completely unimportant to me if it would mean ganing more accuracy)

Am I close to the mark as to how these "obvious" "problems" can happen? If not, can you explain how they do happen?

That's just silly. :monkey3
Why, it saves having about 10 different Bespin Luke threads..... the main thread, the who ordered him thread, the who didnt order him thread, the who's gonna keep him thread, the high res pics thread, the 25-day notice thread, the 3-5 day notice thread, the shipping thread, the pictures thread thread..... etc etc

Why, it saves having about 10 different Bespin Luke threads..... the main thread, the who ordered him thread, the who didnt order him thread, the who's gonna keep him thread, the high res pics thread, the 25-day notice thread, the 3-5 day notice thread, the shipping thread, the pictures thread thread..... etc etc

You must not understand. Pix started an experiment thread with Asajj to track orders and shipping dates, which is what i'm trying to do in order to consolidate threads. Get it?

Plus, like GB said, it's tradition. Always has been.

(yawn) Done.

As if that went like that. I randomly woke up on the couch at 1:14, logged in, ordered.

But I missed the wait!!!!!!!! No fair!!!!! Sideshow has to do these things when I'm not napping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey2:monkey2:emperor

Why is it always your fault Sideshow???? The humanity.....

:monkey3

(yawn) Done.

As if that went like that. I randomly woke up on the couch at 1:14, logged in, ordered.

But I missed the wait!!!!!!!! No fair!!!!! Sideshow has to do these things when I'm not napping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey2:monkey2:emperor

Why is it always your fault Sideshow???? The humanity.....

:monkey3

:lol:lol:lol

30 minutes and still no low quantity alert. Is it too early to call this a slow burner???

For Bespin Luke? I don't think so.

I'm surprised by the cool reception on this one, thought he'd be gone by now. Bet we don't see another Luke for a good long while.

Ordered mine at 1:03. Logged in at 1:00 exactly!

Well, limited to 1 per customer/household/billing and or shipping address. Will that include the regular edition? I ordered the exclusive for my brother (he's at school) and I'm hoping to get the plain old regular edition for myself.:monkey2 But really, I don't care about the tourniquet.

Back