Before the end comes....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT's Star Wars figures would cost twice as much and likely hover around the $180 mark. As it is now, there's a 60% price increase between HT and SS 1:6 figures. However the gap in quality isn't 60%. So to compare the two companies is absurd. Additionally, I think you'd likely switch the complaints to HT's QC issues, like broken wrist pegs, faulty knee joints, lazy eyes, etc., issues which plague HT's products at the moment but are less forgivable as getting an exchange through them is labor-intensive, IF they answer you, and at that pricepoint, considerably more obvious and less forgiveable.

Thenam's right on this one. "If hot toys made them they'd sell like hot cakes" BS. If people cant afford SS figures, they won't be able to afford HT figures. I don't think it's quality of figures that keeps some selling better than others, I think it's the state of the economy. I hear fewer SS qulity issues compared to the HT and Medi broken pegs, broken knee etc complaints.

in my opinion no one makes better ones than ht. ss have improved on their earlier attempts of 1/6 but they still dont come close to what ht can produce. i think ss should stick to pf as they have that nailed down and let someone else take the license for 1/6 scale.

I think it's safe to say, Hot Toys is at the top of the 1/6 game, not flawless, but at the top in terms of individual figure quality. Their Star Wars figures would be very impressive, no doubt.

However, on the issue of who should handle the Star Wars 1/6 license, there's two primary school's of thought I see and depending on individual's views, HT might be a worse choice.

Hot Toys makes nice individual figures, but their line qualities suck. They go for the sure fire seller and loads of variants but do not take chances on background guys that might make a collection more interesting. Under Hot Toys, more than half of what Sideshow's done for characters in 1/6 would likely never have seen the light of day. You'd most likely end up with all the variations of the core guys and that's about it. Now for some, top notch representations of just those mains are all they're after and they'd be fine with this. However, for some, myself included, a balance of individual figure quality and line quality is more ideal, and I think Sideshow's handling that well, their figures, relative to the rest of the collecting world, are still more easily affordable than other manufacturer's and the quality is still quite nice, and we get a nice, full line of figures to pick from.

Because of Sideshow's willingness to break out beyond the mains, I have figures of characters I like that aren't mainstream like Admiral Piett or cool PT Jedi like Plo Koon and Kit Fisto.

The best option, I think, would be a line that was a marriage of both companies. Sideshow carrying on as they have, but HT lending help on the things that are within their abilities that are beyond Sideshow at present. That way the seemingly impossible characters (Chewie, Grievous) can get done as well, but we'd continue to have affordable representations of the easily doable characters and also get some background guys that just add to the collection.

Bah! Quality over Quantity.

Then again, most diehard SW collectors don't really know what that means anyway...

If I get Boba Fett, Chewie and the Droids I'll be happy with the line ending. Just like any other fan I have lists a mile long but those are the only four I feel like I need.

If I get Boba Fett, Chewie and the Droids I'll be happy with the line ending. Just like any other fan I have lists a mile long but those are the only four I feel like I need.

No Yoda?

Medicom's is pretty cool, but has its limitations.

IMHO, no matter what they do the line will be an incomplete failure until Sideshow delivers Chewie, R2, 3P0 and Yoda.

And what sucks... none of those is likely to happen any time soon. :banghead

ANH
1) Chewbacca
2) Tusken Raider
3) Grand Moff Tarkin
4) R2-D2

ESB
1) Boba Fett
2) Yoda & Jawa
3) X Wing Luke
4) C-3PO

ROTJ
1) Boba Fett
2) Emperor Palpatine
3) Emperor's Royal Guard
4) Admiral Ackbar

:lecture

No Yoda?

Medicom's is pretty cool, but has its limitations.

IMHO, no matter what they do the line will be an incomplete failure until Sideshow delivers Chewie, R2, 3P0 and Yoda.

And what sucks... none of those is likely to happen any time soon. :banghead

Medi-Yoda would work. I don't get why they can't pull a Salacious B. Crumb and sculpt something and put a robe around it for Yoda. Limited articulation would be fine with me. :dunno Chewie and the droids are something else...

Medi-Yoda would work. I don't get why they can't pull a Salacious B. Crumb and sculpt something and put a robe around it for Yoda. Limited articulation would be fine with me. :dunno Chewie and the droids are something else...

If that's all ya care about, why not snag a Hasbro and have it repainted? :huh

HT > everyone else PERIOD!

Anyways I just want a Tyranus from SS at this point. But why does something tell me we'll see another Vader announcement before that?

HT > everyone else PERIOD!

Anyways I just want a Tyranus from SS at this point. But why does something tell me we'll see another Vader announcement before that?

From the Q&A a while back, it sounded like we'd see him sooner than later. I'm thinking potentially a Tarkin first, a couple Trooper/Clone variants and Dooku.

There are a couple of definite wants for me too fom the PT:

Dooku
Watto
Battle Droids
Super Battle Droids
Young Anakin
Jar Jar:lol

Back