Before the end comes....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vonhahn

Super Freak
Reaction score
With Indy "on pause", and considering LOTR was killed before they even finished the fellowship, it got me thinking about Star Wars 1/6th, and can the end be too far behind? I know Star Wars is still going "pretty" stong, but where will we be this time next year?

I started to ask myself, (and so I ask you), if Sideshow only did four characters from each movie before they cancelled, which would you want? My list.
ST
1) Chewie
2) Tarkin
3) Luke X-Wing
4) Death Star Trooper

ESB
1) Luke Hoth
2) Han Hoth
3) Yoda
4) Leia Bespin

ROTJ
1) Boba Fett
2) Adm. Akbar
3) Han in Trenchcoat
3) Lando Skiff Guard

The Prequels are dead to me. I can't think of ANY that I really want that we have not gotten except maybe a 501st Clone.

ANH:

C-3PO
R2-D2
Momaw Nadon
Accurate ST Helmet

ESB:

Yoda
Bossk
IG-88
Zuckuss
4-LOM

ROTJ:

Amanaman
Rancor
Rancor Keeper
Yak-face

I think short of SSC losing the license, there is no coming end to this line.

Bottom line, Star Wars is a marketing powehouse, you could pretty much slap a picture of Darth Vader or the Star Wars logo on anything and it'll find a niche to buy it up.

SSC's other 1/6 lines have been franchises that don't have a history of marketing success nor even a history of product availability, Indy had nowhere near the ammount of products like Star Wars and LOTR was fresh, had no time to establish if there was a strong enough collector base before taking on the line, the WETA stuff did well so they took a chance and found out the result.

Star Wars isn't going anywhere, may shift who holds the license, but it will not stop so long as it sells, and it does sell, less now with the economic climate right now and the ammount of licenses HT's putting out as well, but it's still going fine under those circumstances.

ANH:
Tarkin
Sandtrooper black pauldron :monkey3
Death Star Gunner
TIE Fighter Pilot

ESB:
Darth Vader
Snowtrooper
AT-AT Driver
General Veers (AT-AT armor)

ROTJ:
Darth Vader
Emperor
Royal Guard
Scout Trooper

Last edited:
ANH:
Wedge Antilles X-wing gear
TIE Pilot
Can't think of anymore I'd like, so I've added extras to the ESB list.

ESB:
Han Hoth
Luke Snowspeeder (that way we can kitbash Luke x-wing gear from the Wedge figure and visa-versa)
Leia Hoth
Snowtrooper
AT-AT driver
Luke Hoth

ROTJ:
Slave Leia
Lando Skiff
Royal Guard
Biker Scout

I've gotta say, I love lists, which seems to be symptomatic of SW fans in general.

ANH:
R2
C3PO
X-Wing Luke
Figrin D'an

ESB:
Hoth Han
Hoth Leia
Vader
Yoda

ROTJ:
Chewbaca
Vader
Yak Face
Ephant Mon

EU:
Mara Jade (personally, my most wanted of all the 1/6)

I can't think of any from the Prequels, but I wish they'd take another shot at Anakin--the original and the CW aren't all they could be.

I dont think the end is coming, look at the stuff there releasing
vadar bust?!
gammy bust?

jedi luke 1/4 scale...

I dunno what you guys are talking about there's a ton of good quality things from this line. I think it goes in cycles also, like sideshow has only a certian number of contractors they can only produce a limited amount things.

just hang tight.

Star Wars 1/6th has never been stronger. I expect we'll see an increase in releases in the coming months.

Ever think Indy isn't as popular as SW?

It's also a tough economy. I wanted to get all the Indy stuff but I just don't have the cash. It's been tough just getting my SW stuff this year.

Also.. Indy in german disguise? Really? Before Sallah, Mola Ram, Donovan? INDY in GERMAN DISGUISE??!! WTF sideshow?

Ever think Indy isn't as popular as SW?

It's also a tough economy. I wanted to get all the Indy stuff but I just don't have the cash. It's been tough just getting my SW stuff this year.

Also.. Indy in german disguise? Really? Before Sallah, Mola Ram, Donovan? INDY in GERMAN DISGUISE??!! WTF sideshow?

I bet it's all about licensing and popularity. Indy...CULTURALLY SPEAKING...just isn't hot right now...

LOTR died a quick death because the cultural interest died too...

Assuming this list-making game takes into account figures we already know are coming (IE: Gamorrean Guard & Commander Cody,) here are my top four per movie, including four for the prequels just for spits & giggles:

ANH
1) Chewbacca
2) Tusken Raider
3) Grand Moff Tarkin
4) R2-D2

ESB
1) Boba Fett
2) Yoda
3) Snowtrooper
4) C-3PO

ROTJ
1) Biker Scout
2) Emperor Palpatine
3) Emperor's Royal Guard
4) Admiral Ackbar

Prequels
1) TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi
2) TPM Anakin Skywalker
3) Count Dooku
4) Commander Gree

I bet it's all about licensing and popularity. Indy...CULTURALLY SPEAKING...just isn't hot right now...

LOTR died a quick death because the cultural interest died too...

Exactly! Had a buddy who was so apesh!uyt over LOTR but it seems it's popularity lessned after the third flick.

Back