Be wary of SMALL JOES website. Bad customer service.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The shep

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first off I'm new to the forums so a big hello to everyone and I'm glad I found the website!

I'm posting this not as a form of ill will towards the website but as a cautionary tale to all other collectors. This is just my encounter with them, that's not to say you will have the same problems, but I thought I should let fellow collectors know.

I recently bought a soldier story army saw gunner in Afghanistan. The newer one in multicam. It was my fist modern military figure and I decided to go with the website small joes. They had him at a good price so I pulled the trigger and was very excited to get my modern military collection started!!

I spent the extra $20 on the shipping to get it in 3 days. I filled out my billing info, and my shipping info since I wanted it to be shipped to a different location. So I wait. When the day comes I see that the item has been shipped to the billing location when I asked and filled out the shipping info to the different location. I was a little upset as, on a more personal level, I have had a pretty nasty falling out with some family members that live in the billing info location. Unfortunately I hadn't had the chance to Change all my info to the address I reside in now. So the item was shipped there and it would probably not be easy to obtain.

After I saw this I contacted the website telling them of the situation. Explained it to them, just like I'm doing here. I even said on the last line that I don't mean to be rude, I'm just trying to see how we can fix the situation. I knew it would become a mission to get this figure.

The response I get from the costumer service was something I didn't expect. He basically said that since the billing info was from that location and I had a bad falling it out with family that lived there, that it's safe to say that I'm not authorized to be using the card that I did to buy the figure. And he finished off with a very sarcastic "is that about right?".

I was a little upset at this as I felt instead of actually saying oh man I'm sorry for not looking at the proper address, it was a mistake and we apologize, I was accused of committing credit card fraud!! I was a little upset and so I answered simply by saying wait a minute this has nothing to do with me being the right user of the card or not. An error has occurred on your part and I'm a paying customer trying to express that fact. I sent them a picture of the screen where it has that I filled out the shipping and billing info.

I have gotten no response from them after that and I even tried to log onto the website to see if maybe I got a message there, but they have locked my account.
The figure arrived Wednesday the 10th. I have not gotten the figure yet, nor have I had any sort of contact from the site. I think the situation was handled very poorly on their part and for paying the extra $20 shipping, and a little more attention to detail, this should have been avoided. I would've actually been okay with everything had they been nicer about the fact that theyessed up.

Now my question to you guys as collectors, would you have been upset also? Am I overacting or is this something that is a little disrespectful as a paying customer. I'm tempted in returning it if I ever get the figure, just so I won't give them the business. Let me know what you think and sorry for the long post haha.

First thing I do when I'm shopping at a new store to the tune of hundreds of dollars is google them. Google smalljoes, see what comes up :lol

I really didn't even think about searching them. They had a figure, that I couldn't find anywhere else for that price and decided to jump on it. After reading some reviews i feel like I just wasted my money. I don't think I'll be seeing that figure or my money. Wow what arrogance towards the paying costumer.

I hope you get your figure. You filled out shipping info as well as billing info, so presumably their policy lets buyers have their stuff shipped to an address that differs from the billing address - in which case, yeah, responding the way they did was uncalled for. There are heaps of good stores around, and people here or at the onesixthwarriors forum are happy to help out with suggestions in that regard.

My billing and shipping address are different as well and I haven't run in to any problems anywhere. You should file a dispute with your cc company and tell them the item was shipped to the wrong address.

Depending on which company it was shipped through, they should've been able to reroute the package...not like there was nothing they could do.

Plenty of people move and don't update their cards right away. I did. None of their business WHY you couldn't go get it.

Definitely file a dispute with the credit card company immediately.
They had the option of listing a shipping address and then ignored it through their own incompetence.

I had a similar situation where I moved house and the old address was on the pre-order. When completing the order a year+ later I followed the instructions to update shipping address and also put it in the Paypal instructions ....they ignored it all and sent it to the old address.
They did apologise profusely and helped deal with Aus Post to go about getting it back.

But credit card dispute is the way to go for situations where they won't help.

Back