Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a 12 minute "full reveal" BATTLEFIELD 3 vid will be available online April 12.

Does anyone know if you will be able to mark targets in the multiplayer like in Bad Company 2? My eyesight is pretty bad and being able to mark my targets was a godsend.

I only play hardcore in the Battlefield series specifically because of the targeting system. So stupid being able to press select and red triangles appearing over heads.

Does anyone know if you will be able to mark targets in the multiplayer like in Bad Company 2? My eyesight is pretty bad and being able to mark my targets was a godsend.

My guess is they keep it. Its not that big of a deal honestly as it doesnt make the folks shooting at you any more accurate. Just cause they can spot you doesn't mean they can hit ya.

My guess is they keep it. Its not that big of a deal honestly as it doesnt make the folks shooting at you any more accurate. Just cause they can spot you doesn't mean they can hit ya.

True. I love the spotting. keeps the snipers honest, makes it harder to sneak into bases and it's a fun way to earn a few points. I've trained myself to spot and shoot at enemies at the same time. Especially big on defense. That way, even if they kill me, my teammates know where he is.

True. I love the spotting. keeps the snipers honest, makes it harder to sneak into bases and it's a fun way to earn a few points. I've trained myself to spot and shoot at enemies at the same time. Especially big on defense. That way, even if they kill me, my teammates know where he is.

It does keep snipers honest especially if they don't know how to use the maps properly. I love sniping and but I really know how to use the map and not very often get taken out by another sniper. Marking folks is a good way as you said to get a few more points and rank up for achievements.

Let me guess...sniper? LOL

Rarely. Usually a medic. I always found the medic to be the best way to rank up. Everyone is always getting shot or killed so I could run around and constantly get points by just throwing out a pack or reviving someone. Plus you get the LMGs with the heavy power and long range for shooting down choppers.

Rarely. Usually a medic. I always found the medic to be the best way to rank up. Everyone is always getting shot or killed so I could run around and constantly get points by just throwing out a pack or reviving someone. Plus you get the LMGs with the heavy power and long range for shooting down choppers.

Definitely true. Medics are point machines. The m60 is crazy powerful indeed. I hate using lmgs unfortunately, so I've always stuck to engineers and assaults. If I find myself in a lost cause where my team is useless..especially on attack (happens WAY too often), I'll break out the recon class just to mess around.

Definitely true. Medics are point machines. The m60 is crazy powerful indeed. I hate using lmgs unfortunately, so I've always stuck to engineers and assaults. If I find myself in a lost cause where my team is useless..especially on attack (happens WAY too often), I'll break out the recon class just to mess around.

Assault or Engineer for me as well. Medic every now and then. I agree with you that teams are often way to useless. I'd actually go out on a limb and say that 80% of people don't even play this game properly...it's meant to be played as a team ! They also usually don't know how to use the class they've picked, recons especially. Recons should exactly do that, recon and spot...and take out other snipers that are tearing into your team's forces. I play every class to its fullest and never hurt my team.

I wouldn't say teams are useless. I've played on several bad teams but I've also played on many good teams and a few great teams (had one team we won 10-12 matches in a row). I use all classes and use them the best I can. I do love sniping though.

I wouldn't say teams are useless. I've played on several bad teams but I've also played on many good teams and a few great teams (had one team we won 10-12 matches in a row). I use all classes and use them the best I can. I do love sniping though.

Teams aren't useless, that's the point. They are great and a must, but people are in squads and more often than not they go their own way and it drives me nuts !

Teams aren't useless, that's the point. They are great and a must, but people are in squads and more often than not they go their own way and it drives me nuts !

Yeah, you get some of those but I have had more teams that worked well together rather than not. Plus there's a group of us that usually squad up that seem to be able to help win things if we get a bad team.

Yeah, you get some of those but I have had more teams that worked well together rather than not. Plus there's a group of us that usually squad up that seem to be able to help win things if we get a bad team.

I must be going on the wrong servers then :lol ...I always get stuck on teams that don't play together or are full of snipers camping. I play the PC version by the way.

trailer mixed with inception soundtrack

<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/QYDaDaxWUfA?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/QYDaDaxWUfA?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="510"></embed></object>

https://www.videogamer.com/news/battlefield_3_console_differences_detailed_by_dice.html

So far DICE has shown tremendous-looking Battlefield 3 running exclusively on PC. How will it look when it makes the leap to console? "What we're showing on PC might look better than on console," said DICE executive producer Patrick Bach to VideoGamer.com in an interview, "but what we'll show on console doesn't look worse than any other game out there. It's probably even better than every other game out there on console."

Bach explained how he feels people will react when they finally see Battlefield 3 running on 360 and PS3. "Most people will be very positive because they might be afraid that it won't look as good as other games and it will, and some people will of course be disappointed that it doesn't look like the PC version."

What will the console versions lack, then? "The higher resolution, the higher framerate, the anti-aliasing, the motion blur, stuff like that. We can't have it to the same quality on the console," says Bach.

Bach also explained the predicament for the Swedish studio. "The problem if you're setting a new bar is you're pushing yourself up. Of course there's a challenge by showing something that looks amazing on PC and then something that just looks great on console. I think the challenge is to beat ourselves. Of course, it's hard to do that because of the practical limitations of the consoles."

How does DICE feel about rival engine technology, then? "There's always competition to build not only the best game but the best technology, the best features," says Bach, "and you want to be the best at everything, of course, that's how things are being moved forward."

"We are not trying to build any of our old games, and we're not trying to build any of our competitors' games: we're trying to build our own Battlefield 3."

I'm not going to go all chicken little here, but that, while somewhat expected, is not encouraging. I understand you want to set realistic expectations but if one of your main guys describes to the press that it "looks no worse than..." I find that very troubling for my hopes that this would be a console game changer for graphics, animation, and lighting.

Back