Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know, how big are they (just curious).

How big are what? If you mean the install, the whole game is about 15 gigs. The HD pack is about 1.4 gigs. The day one update is 140 megs or something like that.

I've spent about an hour on the campaign. It's a tradition to do the campaign first, but I may jump into multi soon.

No complaints about the graphics for me. It looks great. Real good at times and fantastic at other times. The lighting is incredible and really helps with everything.

The campaign is pretty tough. You die hellafast with just three or four quick hits being fatal and the CPU is a freakin crackshot.

The sound. Oh baby. The sound is just amazing. I use a surround sound headset and it's crazy good stuff. I get startled like a little girl all the time with the booms and cracks of explosions and gunfire. The best sound in a game I've heard.

I also think this game officially feels better than CoD. I've always loved the way CoD feels and still do, but to me, BF3 makes it feel almost clunky by comparison. The controls are just that good and smooth.

I'm going back in...

Not a great sign. Servers are already down in my area. No online for me tonight. EA strikes again.

Got into a game and played a bunch of conquest matches.

There's a little lag here and there, but not bad. It'll get worse before it gets better I'm afraid.

The bullet damage has been fixed. No more instant deaths and it seems to take one more bullet than the beta to kill. I don't know if the damage is the same and they fixed the net problem or they actually nerfed the guns, but it's MUCH better now.

Maps are awesome. I'm really liking most of them so far.

They seemed to have fixed just about every beta glitch I can think of. I've caught a screen flash now and then. Don't know what that's about. Still the occasional vault fail where you don't jump over something even if it does the animation. I also had one instance where i Reloaded without seeing the animation. That's all I can think of.

The game won't be perfect, but I'm loving it. The look, sound and feel of it is outstanding.

Me = Happy

i was under the impression that it was 16 vs 16 for consoles, but i just read that it is only 12 v 12. that's kind of disappointing....

How does having only 24 people in the maps feel like?

i was under the impression that it was 16 vs 16 for consoles, but i just read that it is only 12 v 12. that's kind of disappointing....

How does having only 24 people in the maps feel like?

Just like BC2 it'll depend on the map. Caspian Border with 7 vs 7 or whatever, will be slow, but Seine Crossing (a new fav of mine) will be fun even with 7 vs 7. I got a couple full lobby games in and they were hectic as hell. It just all depends on the map and how everyone's playing. Always at the mercy of the other players.

Just like BC2 it'll depend on the map. Caspian Border with 7 vs 7 or whatever, will be slow, but Seine Crossing (a new fav of mine) will be fun even with 7 vs 7. I got a couple full lobby games in and they were hectic as hell. It just all depends on the map and how everyone's playing. Always at the mercy of the other players.

Thanks. just picked up my copy, gonna fire her up right now.

anyone know when the Karkand map pack with the LE will be available?

Man, im loving this game! even more unlocks than in the BETA when leveling up guns and your character, including different camo sets.

Also, the fact that DICE has their own dedicated servers to choose from for consoles is a HUGE plus!!!

Back