Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn, those guys playing suck hard. what a shame they get to test it out.

:lol I thought, theres no way thats MP, maybe some kind of co-op or something with really stupid alpha build A.I., they are running right upto each other like they've never played a video game in their lives.

Well I was supposed to graduate in the fall semester. Good thing BF3 comes out before finals...

Just upgraded my graphics card for this. Should be all good to go.

Nice. What card, if you don't mind me asking. I'm currently in the middle of building a new pc. I suppose the release of this game was a significant factor in my decision to do so, even though at the time I wasn't even thinking about it.

I will be prepared, though. No way I'm playing this on consoles.

Nice. What card, if you don't mind me asking. I'm currently in the middle of building a new pc. I suppose the release of this game was a significant factor in my decision to do so, even though at the time I wasn't even thinking about it.

I will be prepared, though. No way I'm playing this on consoles.

EVGA GTX 580 3GB

I think I read somewhere it was the used in the E3 demo, so I should be good.

I got the 3GB version though because I work with 3D on the computer and it needs a good amount of video memory to run the best.

EVGA GTX 580 3GB

I got the 3GB version though because I work with 3D on the computer and it needs a good amount of video memory to run the best.

GTX580 is a beast!!! I think I can only afford a GTX560, gotta get my com ready for this game too!

GTX580 is a beast!!! I think I can only afford a GTX560, gotta get my com ready for this game too!

I needed the upgrade, I had a GTX 285 but it was like the cheapest one available and was having lots of issues. It was either the video card or a 3D monitor. Had to get the card, and I'm glad I did, things run much better. And Crysis 2 with DirectX 11 at highest settings in 1080p is amazing.

EVGA GTX 580 3GB

My word! As Kaz said, that is quite a beastly card. I can't justify it, but I did go with the 1.5gb version. Thinking back at the list of parts I ordered last week (and arrived over the weekend when I was away), I was very frugal this time, GTX 580 notwithstanding. :lol

I'll be putting everything together tomorrow. I hope Battlefield 3 is good enough to have warranted my new build.

In the meantime, now I can run Crysis 2 at the highest settings with the high-resolution texture pack and DirectX 11 features.

And before on my GTX 285 I could only run The Witcher 2 on Medium settings, now that is all at the highest as well and runs great.

And if I need to, in the future I could add another with SLI for even more performance.

Plasmid, the best thing about a new rig is re-playing all your old favs on max settings. :hi5:

I hope this will be be like the BF of old, but I can't shake the feeling that it will just be BC2 with bigger maps. I hope Dice are working hard on balancing and the MP side of things. I really hope they put in some support for clan/competition gaming this time.

Yeah I'll definitely be replaying Crysis 2 and a bunch of other games. There's a new mod out for GTAIV that improves the graphics 1000% so I'm also excited to try that too.

Anyway, it seems that invites are being emailed for the Battlefield 3 Alpha test. Not sure how the selection process goes, though.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhBjBy5OOFY"]‪Battlefield 3: Paris Multiplayer Gameplay‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Were gonna need a bigger boat.

This will be the 2nd Battlefield game for which I've bought a new PC.

im building a monster PC for this game as we speak. My alienware that I bought a year ago cant handle this game at max and I need my max settings haha :yess:

I'm going to laugh when console gamers finally realize they've been cheated when they bought this... This will definitely be PC game of the century, but just like BC2 sucked on consoles I think this wont be much better.

I'm going to laugh when console gamers finally realize they've been cheated when they bought this... This will definitely be PC game of the century, but just like BC2 sucked on consoles I think this wont be much better.

Spoken like a true computer elitist. I would much rather play this, and any other game on console.

Back