Battle Royale @ Toy Fair?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
Hey all! I wasn't able to get to Toy fair this year but I heard that Executive Replicas and Triad went at it.
Anyone have any info on this?

I misunderstood too. Triad has always said that "another company" stole their designs and cited that as a reason for the mega-delays. Perhaps ER is the company in question?

I heard a flyer was being passed out warning people to beware of doing business with Triad. I had heard several months ago that there was an issue between these two companies, and it was ER that was on the receiving end of getting screwed over. This kind of jives with the annoucement that was made by Scifimetropolis that they would be working with Triad to produce the remaining Lost in Space figures. Months later it was revealed that that partnership had been terminated (see SFM homepage). I was told some of the backstory on this. If it's true I hope the guilty parties will finally be exposed. My understanding is that this situation caused the delayed release of several figures from at least 3 different companies.

Last edited:
I was at the EMCE Toys booth and one of the owners of Executive Replicas came by. I have spoken to him on several different occasions and he has always been very nice and courteous. Then out of the blue security came over and began talking with the ER owner along with another man I did not know. Suddenly, ER's owner... became extremely upset and began speaking loud. Not shouting but voicing his opinion loud enough about being defrauded. After a few words were exchanged between security ER'S owner and this unknown man, something set ER's owner off and he rushed over to the next booth and began yelling at Louie. I was trying to understand what was happening as I have never seen a person so upset. What I can tell you is that security had to pull him off and make him leave, but one thing that made me suspicious was that Louie was trying to hid and he was afraid...very afraid. Louie didn't say anything that I could hear but I did hear ER's owner shout at Louie about him, (Louie) taking his money and not producing the product he was suppose to and something about him lying about licenses. What the hell was going on here? I must say, it was probably the high light of the whole show so far. After I spoke to other people around, I found out a few things... A few years ago ER hired Louie (Triad Toys) to produce a female figure using their long over do female body. Triad enticed ER by telling them they had licenses for many different characters from major studios. After seeing the prototypes, ER signed the contract and paid Louie a deposit. Apparently that was the last ER saw of their money and their project. Excuse after excuse was given by Louie but during all of this, Louie tried to get more money from ER but I guess at that point, ER's radar was up. Then...ER learns that Triad Toys NEVER...EVER had the licenses for ANY of the figures they said they did. Now, Triad still produced those figures and sold them but they were under different names. We all know this because we have bought them from Triad. I have purchased a few figures from Triad in the past and for the most part, I have been pleased with them but to hear this...and if it is true...SHAME ON YOU TRIAD TOYS!!! Now I'm sure that there are two sides to this but they way Louie was acting, and I have to say he was acting as if he was in the wrong but that could be my perception, but he was hiding in his booth, doesn't show well in his favor. If there was a misunderstanding then matters could have been dealt with more civil..in my opinion but again, I don't know either one of them on a personal level. I can only go with what I saw. I would really like to get the low down from ER. Can anyone get to them and find out? I have supported Triad Toys in the past but if what was said really happened and Triad deceived ER just to get their money, I wouldn't buy a box from them. It's bad enough our economy is in the ____ but a company like ER goes all out and makes some nice pieces that other companies would not dare to do. I think we are lucky to have these small companies fulfill our crack-like habits and make some nice figures. But then to hear that one small company stole from another and knowingly deceived them...that doesn't sit well with me at all.

This was the flyer that was given to me at the show on Tuesday.

Let me know if anyone finds out anything else.See More

A first hand account like this is welcome, thank you anonx.

But I would warn anyone who posts in this thread that, as in all disputes - please refrain from maligning an individual or company where not all the facts are public, or both sides haven't been given the opportunity to relate their side of it.

Thanks for the info, but I only posted what was given. I want to find out what went down and which company is at fault because someone made riped someone off.

Whoever is wrong or in the right, all I know is that I saw the gentleman from ER was upset and yelling that he was ripped off and the gentleman from Triad was in silence and even turned around when the situation was occurring. It reminded me of when a child gets caught and they look down in silence. But I am not saying that is a reason for them being the bad guy in this situation.

Whoever is wrong or in the right, all I know is that I saw the gentleman from ER was upset and yelling that he was ripped off and the gentleman from Triad was in silence and even turned around when the situation was occurring. It reminded me of when a child gets caught and they look down in silence. But I am not saying that is a reason for them being the bad guy in this situation.

Just to clarify - I wasn't referring to your observations.

I have seen these kinds of thread just turn into a long stream of insults against an individual or company and that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Back