Statue Batman vs. Killer Croc Statue (Second Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is pretty clear that this new pics are trying hard to show this in its best light. While more flattering, still shows the second edition to be an imitator not worthy of its predecessor. That said, still not bad.

When they advertised it in pre-orders, the pics showed that there was some weathering similar to the 1st release...very disappointed...might return mine which is unopened.

0413_dcc_bmkcroc_zpsc8703758.jpg

If you compare this pic with the ones we are getting, you can tell the difference on the shading... I ordered mine from DCBS but now, Im not sure what to do.

Just received mine from BBTS, and I'm going to contact them tomorrow to see if I can get a replacement. The sculpt is great and paint is pretty good overall. Croc looks amazing; his front torso has a clear coat in some areas that really looks like slime. As seen in other pics, Bats's suit is an even coat of gray without the shading shown in the promo. I don't mind this very much, but it would've been nice and brought it closer to the original's quality. His teeth aren't bad either. There isn't much pink showing between each tooth. Unfortunately, there are some issues that add up and bug me. Two of Croc's teeth next to the batarang wire broke off and I can't find them in the box. There's also a pretty big paint chip on Croc's throat, a stream of visible glue on Bats's right bicep coming down from the gauntlet. His cape wasn't glued on properly either, so there's a noticeable gap between the cape and his back/shoulder.

Has anyone gone through the replacement route with BBTS? Do you guys think these issues warrant a replacement or will they only do a refund?

Bbts customer service is really good. Just shoot them an email and stick in some pics of what you are talking about and they'll help you out :). I did it for a cross eyed dx figure earlier this year.

Btw is it possible to add on shadowing to this statue at home?

Thanks DirEnGrey, that's good to hear. If had the skills, I suppose you could add in the shadowing. I can't say for sure because I'm not an artist by any means. :lol

Sounds like you got a bit of a mess, they'll definitely cover you for that but whatever you do don't settle on a partial refund - be it defect or damage you'll always know its there

I should have collected mine from Ditch today but the good old DC quality control has gone on it's annual holiday :monkey2 There were 3 chunks of rubble/flying debris missing from around Croc, the plug holes where they should have been glued in are clearly visible. It's a mistake that's severely embarrassing and I've reached the point where I have no faith in DCCs' products.

Sad to hear that some of them are showing up damaged.

That happened the first time around too which lead to the scarcity of the statue and a lot of people not getting one even though they ordered it (myself included).

I'm happy about the lack of shading on the gray part of the suit. Shadowing on a three dimensional work of art that casts its own shadows is wrong to me.

That said, some of the images show the paint application on the second edition to be inferior to the first in a purely techincal aspect (i.e. the shadowing is an aspect of style).

I should be getting mine from my LCS this evening and will see how good or bad mine is.

Sad to hear that some of them are showing up damaged.

That happened the first time around too which lead to the scarcity of the statue and a lot of people not getting one even though they ordered it (myself included).

Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me, too. My pre-order couldn't be fulfilled, and by the time I was informed that there was nothing that could be done it was too late to try and get it anywhere else. :gah:

Still bitter... :lol

DCBS just shipped me this dio and my AC Bats statue. Should be getting both of them in a few days. I hope QC won't be an issue.

That's bad. I can't count on my luck and the eagerly wait for that statue is now a worry wait. :panic:

Poor quality paintjob on the batsuit but even more on Croc's scales. That's so disappointing...

Not sure what to do... :huh

OK, just got this dio in. I have to say right off that the sculpt is amazing. However, we already know that from the 1st release. I'm happy to say I have no QC issues with my piece. That being said, the paint job just isn't very dynamic. Overall, it's a little bland. Choice of paint on Bats lower face and lips could have been better. His skin looks rather pinkish for my tastes. Also, the grey on his costume would have benefited from some shading. Croc's skin is kind of muddled looking. Not enough contrast to it for my tastes. Even with all that, I'm very happy to own this version. I only want my Batman statues in his black costume and I love the black on this piece. His mask and cape look AWESOME.

While this piece is not perfect, it is the Batman vs Croc dio that I wanted. If the paint apps would have had a little more pop to them, this version truly would have been jaw dropping. I give this piece a 8/10 based on the statue I received. All of the deductions on my grade come from the fact that the paint apps on this could have been better. I must say though, I am happy to have it on display. It's still a killer piece IMHO.

Last edited:
Just saw this at the LCS and I got to say the paint APP is no way as good as the original. I thought the front of Croc's scales was too clean. The entire piece needed to be weathered to add dimension. Didn't like the grey color of bats also. Way too flat. Sculpt is a 10/10 but the paint was 5/10.

Back