Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you can get this fixed... I would be crushed if it happened to mine... This is my Fav piece in my collection that does not happen to be JAWS related.

Yep the magnets are terrible. I walked into my room and his head was on the floor with both ears broken. Luckily John Ficci was able to make it like New with an even better paint up on the portrait.
otherwise this is my favorite statue in my collection.

Its unfortunate that the magnets are so bad on this. It is IMO SSC best statue. Well I should say it;s my Fav statue by them. I would be devastated if anything happened to mine..

Funny thing is.. I almost did not get this. I had it ordered and then canceled. Then the In hand pics came out and I ordered again. I got it and almost sent it right back.. My issue was I was slightly underwhelmed because I had the original so when I opened it up it lacked a bit of the wow factor because I already owned the first.. I even contacted SSC. But then I had it on display for a couple a days and fell in love. Sold the original and have continued to enjoy this piece ever since. It is my top fav piece in my collection that is not JAWS related. It is a piece I will never part with.

image.jpg
I had Neal Adams sign mine.

View attachment 371383
I had Neal Adams sign mine.

Sweet! Neal Adams came to our local comic convention last year. I contemplated about bringing my original Batman PF base for him to sign. But I chickened out in the end because it just wouldn't look or feel right. It's one of the few moments that I regret not double dipping on Batman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its unfortunate that the magnets are so bad on this. It is IMO SSC best statue. Well I should say it;s my Fav statue by them. I would be devastated if anything happened to mine..

Funny thing is.. I almost did not get this. I had it ordered and then canceled. Then the In hand pics came out and I ordered again. I got it and almost sent it right back.. My issue was I was slightly underwhelmed because I had the original so when I opened it up it lacked a bit of the wow factor because I already owned the first.. I even contacted SSC. But then I had it on display for a couple a days and fell in love. Sold the original and have continued to enjoy this piece ever since. It is my top fav piece in my collection that is not JAWS related. It is a piece I will never part with.

I was in a very similar situation. I got into collecting after the original black released and I wanted the batarang. I bided my time and finally got one at a goodprice, it had issues and I got a chunk of money back from the seller. The modern got announced and I am like OHHHH MMYYYY GOOODDD I ordered it and I was happy with it BUT I also had the custom leather cape for the other. I put the modern on display and put the black on my kitchen table as center piece lol after about a month I just knew the modern was the batman statue I really wanted. The color, the chest emblem, even the utility belt all just fit better. I sold my black EX fir a huge profit over what I bought it for. The modern will never leave my collection. Cheers Jaws :hi5:

I was in a very similar situation. I got into collecting after the original black released and I wanted the batarang. I bided my time and finally got one at a goodprice, it had issues and I got a chunk of money back from the seller. The modern got announced and I am like OHHHH MMYYYY GOOODDD I ordered it and I was happy with it BUT I also had the custom leather cape for the other. I put the modern on display and put the black on my kitchen table as center piece lol after about a month I just knew the modern was the batman statue I really wanted. The color, the chest emblem, even the utility belt all just fit better. I sold my black EX fir a huge profit over what I bought it for. The modern will never leave my collection. Cheers Jaws :hi5:

Agree 100% Everything fits this piece perfectly.. Its never going anywhere!! :duff

Yep there isn't a better representation at 1/4 scale. Will be interesting to see what prime 1 do with the new 52 licence but in terms of old school versions this is the best out there at this scale

I only got 3 Batman PFs: black & grey gargoyle, blue and grey gargoyle and the Michael Keaton Bats. I would get rid of all my other PFs first before I even considered parting with those 3.

Im debating picking this up, found one at a good price, havent seen it in person for a while. The one thing thats bothering me in pics is that it looks somewhat like Batman has a giraffe neck with the newer sculpt that came with this. Can anyone give some input on this? Also the fact that the head sculpts dont seem to be secured with magnets... Thanks!

It's one of my favorite statues, I love the colors on it.

I can't say I notice that his neck is overly long or anything like that, but all subjective I guess.

And the head can feel a little precarious when you attach it, yes. I mean I've had mine for a while now and no problems, but yeah. You don't get that feeling that it's really firmly attached like you get with other heavy magnet pieces.

Im debating picking this up, found one at a good price, havent seen it in person for a while. The one thing thats bothering me in pics is that it looks somewhat like Batman has a giraffe neck with the newer sculpt that came with this. Can anyone give some input on this? Also the fact that the head sculpts dont seem to be secured with magnets... Thanks!

I have 5 statues I would never sell... This is one of them.

It is IMO the best Batman statue out there.. Better then all the other SSC and Prime 1 pieces out there.. It just takes me back to those comics I read as a kid.

AS for the neck.. Its no better or worse then the other head sculpts that came with this or the original.. Due to the way that it is sculpted with the cape.. Yes the neck is unrealistically long... But you have to think about it.. And like I said, the other head sculpts suffer the same issue. BUT IMO its a non issue.

If you can get this at a good price... You are nuts not to get it.

Back