Batman Inc. who is this?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The New 52 is a reboot basically. So it's really easy to understand the concepts and characters.

I haven't read much of his work. I've just started getting into Batman and Robin & Batman Inc., so I can't make up my mind just yet.

Was Batman and Robin #18 as heartbreaking as people say it is?

It's a wordless issue, and it is kind of heartbreaking. It's the best issue dealing with everything Bruce should be going through after losing his son. I personally don't think there should be another Robin. I don't see how any writer(no matter their talent level) could justify Bruce giving the costume to another kid after all of this.

Court of Owls and Night of Owls were amazing. Scott Snyder also did the opening run of Swamp Thing in the new 52. It was really good as well.

Honestly, this doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in.

It's not for everybody. Grant Morrison's run encompasses the entire gamut of Batman stories, from gritty and scary to zany and trippy, each paying homage to different eras of his history.

There are portions of it that I love and portions that I hate.

And portions that I once hated that now I like.

Everybody says it's great and worth reading, but I think there's also a lot of blind love for it - and the fanboys don't want to acknowledge that it's not really everybody's cup of tea.

Oh, and no one has yet to make the jump from Wayne as Batman " benefactor" to the fact that he is Batman yet?

Well, were I a citizen of Gotham, I think I'd actually find it more believable that Wayne merely funds Batman, rather than him being Batman himself. Wayne has lots of money and it's easy for rich people to throw money at charity and philanthropy without being involved in the hard work of day-to-day help. Given Wayne's reputation as a playboy - and the fact that billionaires don't tend to be badasses - I'd easily buy that Wayne isn't actually a modern-day street ninja.

Of course, as many fans have pointed out, it doesn't really matter - whether Wayne is Batman or merely funds Batman, that public announcement should have made Wayne and his company an endless target for every supervillain in Gotham. Take away Batman's money and toys, and suddenly he's much less formidable - clearly Wayne and his money are Batman's weak point.

Oh man, you should totally check out Scott Synder's Batman series. The best of DC's New 52 IMO.

"Court of Owls" was pretty good, but "The Black Mirror," which collects Snyder's run on "Detective Comics" just before the New 52 reboot is actually the superior story, and I'd recommend that to someone interested in modern-day Batman comics and Snyder's work.

It's a wordless issue, and it is kind of heartbreaking. It's the best issue dealing with everything Bruce should be going through after losing his son. I personally don't think there should be another Robin. I don't see how any writer(no matter their talent level) could justify Bruce giving the costume to another kid after all of this.

Court of Owls and Night of Owls were amazing. Scott Snyder also did the opening run of Swamp Thing in the new 52. It was really good as well.

Whoa Dude, huge spoiler there. Especially as some of the other people in this thread are asking where fo start off with reading Batman inc.

Agree with your assessment of the issue though.

So what's the story behind Bat-cow? Is it a earth cow? Alien cow? And better yet does it have bat-udders?

Back