Batman Begins - Toyfair 2011 or MMS67

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtrain2682

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So i'm pretty new to collecting and have just completed my Nolan-verse collection.

Now i have the TF'11 and as cool as he looks theres just something that bugs me. Maybe too bulky looking, costume too matte, cape not great...none of these on their own is a deal breaker but adding up, its starting to bug me.

Sooooo....i have the chance to pick up a TDK OC reasonably priced (credit card has been Hot Toys'd anyway, another couple of hundred aint gonna make a difference 😁), is it worth buying it or does it have the same problems?

Sorry for the newbie like question fellas and thanks for your patience.

Was that one a rubber suit as well?

Any rumors about a new Begins suit anymore? I'm still waiting for an updated version that's hopefully not rubber and will break apart...

So i'm pretty new to collecting and have just completed my Nolan-verse collection.

Now i have the TF'11 and as cool as he looks theres just something that bugs me. Maybe too bulky looking, costume too matte, cape not great...none of these on their own is a deal breaker but adding up, its starting to bug me.

Sooooo....i have the chance to pick up a TDK OC reasonably priced (credit card has been Hot Toys'd anyway, another couple of hundred aint gonna make a difference ��), is it worth buying it or does it have the same problems?

Sorry for the newbie like question fellas and thanks for your patience.

The TF'11 Begins was my first HT Batman as well and I have similar issues, but honestly I think i comes from the design of the suit not HT themselves. They copied the filming suit almost exactly and unfortunately the life size version looks almost identical if you can find a non-promo picture of it. Regardless, when I put that figure on my shelf it just looked dull.

As to your question, which figure is the TDK OC? I bought the DKR Batman and I like it FAR better, mostly because the newer suit design is just cooler and more intricate IMO. But I will say that it is just as difficult to pose as the Begins version.

Thanks mate! Yeah i have the DX12, it is a far superior figure. I have both the Batman figures on my top shelf and the TF'11 is grating me so much i feel like just taking him out all together. Which sucks as film wise i prefer the BB suit.

-Bulky: The TDK OC is just as bulky, and it's supposed to be that way. That's the way the Batman suit is. TDK suit is supposed to look much thinner - because it is. That's why Bruce wanted a new suit in the first place

-Matte: TDK OC suit is shinier (in that respect, it's more like the suit as it appears in "Batman Begins" than in "The Dark Knight").

-Cape: The cape is identical between both versions (but it's just as thick as the TDK suit, so I'm not sure why it bugs you so much).

I love the TDK OC suit, so while I would recommend it on its own, you should recognize that only one of the problems you have with the TF'11 suit will be different.

If you did get it, you could display the TF'11 suit in its Prototype Suit form.

Is the MMS67 suit rubber like the TF? A local store still has it for $300 MIB on their shelves, was wondering if it was worth it or rather wait and pray HT makes a new one...?

To save you money - I have the upper torso and legs of the OC suit if you would like them. All you need to do is remove the Toy Fair suit and but the OC suit on the body. Message me if you might be interested.

Is the MMS67 suit rubber like the TF?

Yes, though it's shinier. There seems to be some coating on the TF rubber to make it more matte.

A local store still has it for $300 MIB on their shelves, was wondering if it was worth it or rather wait and pray HT makes a new one...?

HT is unlikely to make a new one anytime soon - and if they do, it'll certainly be the same kind of rubber, if that's your concern.

$300 MIB seems like more than a fair price. It was going for that much a few years ago.

Neither.

Go for the MMS 13 Batman Begins,

Screenshot2014-03-11at82416PM.png

Screenshot2014-03-11at82403PM.png

Screenshot2014-03-11at82357PM.png

Screenshot2014-03-11at82359PM.png

batmanMMS13.jpg

Get a custom cape off the board here, I prefer the "long" look for this figure..bow his head as far forward as it will go, wrap the new cape around him, futz with it, think "brooding" = win. Best look for this fig IMO, without doing any mods.

Get a custom cape off the board here, I prefer the "long" look for this figure..bow his head as far forward as it will go, wrap the new cape around him, futz with it, think "brooding" = win. Best look for this fig IMO, without doing any mods.

A custom cape is a mod...

"Takara is teh best!"

That was my very first Batman doll. Pretty good at the time.

Back