Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always chuckle at that interrogation scene because I love how Conroy says "remember something else?! " because it's so scary and funny at the same time :lol. If I was that crook, I'd definitely spill the beans :lol

"What's it CALLED!!!?"

I'm kind of excited for the new DLC, but, at the same time, I'm not, because, rather than spreading it out, they're basically just doing two massive drops where they dump all of November's content and December's content on a single day of the month. It's exciting, and I suppose it will make for a more comprehensive experience diving in, but, **** me, that's going to take a damn eternity to download.

A lot of people say they want some based on the series, but it wouldn't work. It did have some great ideas and I like that they were able to do things like kill off characters, but it also became a mess.
Yep, forced continuation of the story is their bigest mistake. They could easily avoid this mess by just hinting at the existence of "Infinite Earths" in the second game and keeping the continuety of themes instead.

I think the act of interrogation by reversing 40" wheels was definitely enough for the ESRB so push the rating beyond what RS intended. We're probably desensitized to it being hardcore Bat fans but I did show that scene to a few friends and that made them uneasy. Normal folks just don't expect Batman to use the frikkin' Batmobile as a torture device. lol
Torture? He didn't do any physical damage to the guy with it. I'd understand if he used it to slowly crush thug's arm, but... NOTHING even remotely close to that happend in the entire game (which is really sad too).

It's probably that end-game Joker sequence because of first/third person violent shooting as a clown :lol

well, maybe that and what Ryan said

People are truly offended by anything nowadays, it makes me sick. There's nothing in this game rewarding a rated R rating. Nothing. The game is great, I just finished it yesterday finally. The ending is kinda Nolan like, which I didn't like very much.

Great ride, a bit easy (if you upgrade the Batmobile prior to anything else) even in hard, but was to be expected.

Played it on PC, on maxed out settings, on a monster of a system. Never encountered a single glitch or problem like many on steam claim to see.

Best looking game I've ever, ever played. As great as the ps4 version looks, the PC version makes it look like a PS3 game in comparison. Hard to go back to console gaming, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not anything, everything offends people. A ****ing, bland-ass red cup is pissing off people!

Torture? He didn't do any physical damage to the guy with it. I'd understand if he used it to slowly crush thug's arm, but... NOTHING even remotely close to that happend in the entire game (which is really sad too).

Psychological torture, I guess. Like when terrorists round up hostages to finally execute them only to cancel the thing. Or that water torture stuff (not water boarding). Batman's obviously not a terrorist but I guess I can see the torture angle of it. Still idk if that warrants the rating.

Seems a lot of people forgot the part of Babs having the flashback of the killing Joke. You got Jason Todd being tortured by Joker. I mean those alone are heavy.

As a Bat-fan, I don't really seem bothered by it, but those 2 are some of the violent things that have happened to Batman in the comics.

Most likely. Still, there was no blood... or even bulletholes...

Man, ESRB is ****ed up.
For the most part yeah. ESRB sometimes...is the AO rating still a thing/? Censorship is also bizarre, like Joker's censored death in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Seems a lot of people forgot the part of Babs having the flashback of the killing Joke. You got Jason Todd being tortured by Joker. I mean those alone are heavy.

As a Bat-fan, I don't really seem bothered by it, but those 2 are some of the violent things that have happened to Batman in the comics.
That is true actually. The Killing Joke may vary with people since I think the comic version was more horrifying, with Gordon being present, kidnapped and the implication of what Joker was going to do to Barbara. For Jason Todd...more violent and horrifying by far, though the comic book one was heart breaking. Still good points.

Pretty much the only treks I like:

Everything esle is either too Hollywood bland, unfit or straight out Zimmer's TDK rip-off (batmobitank themes).

This is probably the best track in the game by far

Screw what Robin says, ****ing AC poser :lecture

So I guess steam is accepting returns until year's end? Regardless of you beating the game or not, no matter how much you played.... I guess some people aren't able to play this game without glitches.

Hmn, I never had a problem with my copy, but I truly don't see myself picking this up ever again...

Might just be the best deal I've ever gotten on a rental.....

Batman v superman skin and batmobile.

[video]https://www.comicbookmovie.com/video_games/news/?a=127184[/video]

Last edited:
For the most part yeah. ESRB sometimes...is the AO rating still a thing/? Censorship is also bizarre, like Joker's censored death in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
That is true actually. The Killing Joke may vary with people since I think the comic version was more horrifying, with Gordon being present, kidnapped and the implication of what Joker was going to do to Barbara. For Jason Todd...more violent and horrifying by far, though the comic book one was heart breaking. Still good points.

It certainly is bizarre, but I'll admit that seeing that uncensored version ****ed me up. :lol
--It was quite brutal.

Yeah I feel the trauma of Gordon added a lot. Even things like having him and Barbara stripped would have caused a rating M if they included that.

And yes, that entire sequence with Todd had me feeling. And I'll admit that I'm considerably a bigger fan of Batgirl and the KJ is traumatic, but that torture was something. The comic book wasn't as bad, but still was quite brutal with the crowbar and end it with a bomb. Ever since that many depictions have existed of that scene, and I've seen quite a few terrifying versions.

Another thing I can see why would be that Scarecrow scene with Barbara behind the glass room.

Anyone in the US waiting for the latest DLC to drop? This month's haul is supposed to include the Batfleck suit and car, and it's supposed to be out today.

Just downloaded it all -- once you install it, you get to see teaser images of the December DLC, including the Arkham Asylum Batmobile and the 2008 TDK-suit Bale Batman skin!

Thought I would stick with the Affleck suit once it was available but good god that Bale skin is impressive. Can't wait for it to hit PSN next month.

Back