Premium Format Batgirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That actually looks great without the cape. I think I'll display mine like that occasionally just to change it up from time to time.

That actually looks great without the cape. I think I'll display mine like that occasionally just to change it up from time to time.
I will do exactly the same, now wo cape and very soon with cape. I have already read on several people breaking the head by accident due to instability with the neck of the cape. This was also one of the reasons to try first wo cape and, in addition, to get the exclusive version with additional head (just in case that at any time an accident happens... otherwise I should try a Sleepy Hollow display...) :)

Some more pics together with Bat

Attachments

• DSCN4504.JPG
    DSCN4504.JPG
    453.1 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCN4470.JPG
    DSCN4470.JPG
    467 KB · Views: 343
  • DSCN4485.JPG
    DSCN4485.JPG
    465.9 KB · Views: 346
i own batgirl Ex and i love her
definitely a sucess

but i don't anderstand why she gets so many compliments
it's one of last year great statues for sur but far to be the best to me

maybe the character itself gather more fans and love than others ?
still surprising to me

i own batgirl Ex and i love her
definitely a sucess

but i don't anderstand why she gets so many compliments
it's one of last year great statues for sur but far to be the best to me

maybe the character itself gather more fans and love than others ?
still surprising to me

Well, what's best for every individual is all subjective, and a matter of perspective. What you find the best statue from last year might not be my #1.

The compliments Batgirl is getting is well-deserved though. Very good sculpting on the body and face, and is painted beautifully which doesn't happen often to Sideshow statues, particularly female figures. The pose is also strong, IMO -- playful, confident, taunting, powerful. Base is simple but elegant. Cape doesn't look cheap like some of the mixed-media capes Sideshow's done in some figures.

I have practically just praised the figure from base to head, and if you don't get it, then you must be of very high standards :)

i like her without the cape also and maybe even better!

i was just pointing a trend of lovers about this one (of course everyone as its preference and that's also what's great in the hobby)

a bit like the keaton batman gathering lot of fans (and i belong to them;) but i don't see her as a Doom on throne and it s something i feel sometimes here and on the other forum too (but it's only my feeling).

But that's cool, if all statues where like that we collector would become mad in statue paradise ^^

(and yes i have very high standard, as a french collector i come from another world of statues, for a part of it at least
and i am newbie on US statue market).

The compliments Batgirl is getting is well-deserved though. Very good sculpting on the body and face, and is painted beautifully which doesn't happen often to Sideshow statues, particularly female figures. The pose is also strong, IMO -- playful, confident, taunting, powerful. Base is simple but elegant. Cape doesn't look cheap like some of the mixed-media capes Sideshow's done in some figures.

Perfectly explained! That's the point. I fully agree. :)
This one of those statues that is approaching in quality to statues of much higher price (different debate would be if quality and prices of the statues are nowadays well balanced... which is clearly not the case in my opinion). When referring to SS, PF Daredevil is pretty close to this one in terms of details and paint application (independently of liking or disliking the dynamic position of the statue+any possible related stability problem over time, already discussed in the forum). In fact, for Batgirl, I was hesitating if getting the EX because it costed me $100 more than the reg and only a change in the hair style did not justify it to me. Then I thought that, if an accident with cape+head would happen and the head would be broken at any time, I would have an extra head (ok, different hair style) in the reserve and I would not need to pay crazy aftermarket prices to avoid a Sleepy Hollow display with my Batgirl :). Thus I went for the EX.

Then I also agree with HeubertMichael and Eky_SSF on the fact that the particular level of standard is playing a fundamental role. I have also very high standard since being located in EU, the cost of every statue increases a lot due to shipping costs, duties, administrative taxes by the courier :( ... Sometimes I wish my standard would not be so high because then I would avoid some frustrations with some statues/figures. OK, that's life... and part of this hobby.

Related to the price asked, she is a total must have,
or was, because now it's about after market prices for the Ex.

Scorpion i hope you won't have any accident with any of your statues ;)

Hi guys,

I'm posting anything here for the first time, and it is unfortunately a cry for help.

If this is not the right thread for asking for help, please redirect me to the right one.

I moved some stuffs around yesterday, I got careless, and this happened :

20160229_204649.jpg

All I was thinking is "I thought I'm having a good day.". I lost all the strength in my body.

I tried my best to repair it with glue :

20160229_221100.jpg

But too many broken tiny pieces, I couldn't do more.

So, here is my request from one fellow collectore to another :

I'm searching someone with Sideshow Batgirl PF exclusive edition, willing to let go of the regular head part and sell it to me.

or

If you are or know someone who would repair it for me, and I'll pay for this service.

or

If you have any other suggestion to help, please let me know.

Thanks a lot !

Hi guys,

I'm posting anything here for the first time, and it is unfortunately a cry for help.

If this is not the right thread for asking for help, please redirect me to the right one.

View attachment 249497

All I was thinking is "I thought I'm having a good day.". I lost all the strength in my body.

View attachment 249503

I'm searching someone with Sideshow Batgirl PF exclusive edition, willing to let go of the regular head part and sell it to me.

or

If you are or know someone who would repair it for me, and I'll pay for this service.

or

Thanks a lot !

You need to have it sent off to be professionally repaired

Hi guys,

View attachment 249497

View attachment 249503

or

or

Thanks a lot !

I'm sorry to see this Iron Lake.

You can have it repaired, by the looks of it this won't be that difficult for an expert customizer. I think there are lots of talented modelers and repainters that are local to you. Goodluck!

What Batman is that? Hot Toys 1/4?

Yes... actually not too different from pics that I have seen for SS PF Batman TDK (of course Hot Toys is a figure and SS is a statue, but HT 1/4 looks a statue... awesome!)

Actually, Spidey is making a custom unmasked head for Batgirl. That could be an option.

Hi guys,

View attachment 249497

View attachment 249503

or

or

Thanks a lot !

Dude if you can't find someone to repair this let me know as I know someone who can

Hi guys,

View attachment 249497

View attachment 249503

or

or

Thanks a lot !

yep just locate a good painter/sculptor and have it repaired, if done right you'll never even know it happened.

Back