1/6 Bandai stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you guys care but the 1:6 Shadow Stormtrooper model kit has been released. I will be picking one up to flank my upcoming Mythos Darth Vader custom figure.

Never really took to those guys, they weren't canonical as far as the movies were concerned so they never existed as actual armour. If they'd been in any of the movies I may have been more interested.

Never really took to those guys, they weren't canonical as far as the movies were concerned so they never existed as actual armour. If they'd been in any of the movies I may have been more interested.

I’m amazed they haven’t appeared in canon yet. Maybe in the Mandalorian.

I’m amazed they haven’t appeared in canon yet. Maybe in the Mandalorian.

It was an unlockable appearance in SWBF, so technically canon.

Also "Lava Trooper" is canon now

Lava_Troopers_TFVC5.jpg

which is fine, but official canon beats out headcanon. Though there is some questionably as it's just an unlocklable skin. give it time, they'll show up.

Not sure now, the main movies will be pretty much done with the end of the NT. You might get a spin off or two perhaps. Thing is, did the Deathtrooper take over the role that could have had? Did they look at the shadow Stormie and think 'Let's make him different.'.

The look of the Shadowtrooper is still great. I have the HT one and he is actually one of my favorite troopers just for the sheer baddassery of the way he looks. I’m sure they’ll show up in a movie/show at some point.

Just an FYI to anyone looking to grab these to go with your HT collection, you are probably better off just saving up for actual HT. These do not scale well at all IMO, much too big.

PCbAByM.jpg

They're a little taller yeah, but not so much that I'd say they're out of scale. I think they just look like a tall trooper.

There's been a lot of debate about the proportions, but, I think he looks 100% accurate to the costumes that came out of Shepperton for ANH.

Finally got 2 of these kits domestically! In fact, we have a hobby store that is stocking them!
Great kits, would like to build a couple more now that the shadow trooper is out.
I am going to try some customizing on these as I found quite a few people on youtube customizing the smaller scale ones

That's lucky, there's no official distribution for the UK. Some retailers over here do get them, but they have to import them so prices aren't always good.

Our comic shops can bring them in though Diamond (distributors, I think).
But where the model kit shop is getting them???
Just happy the are, not much 1/6 on the shelves up in this corner of the world.

PCbAByM.jpg

It's slightly taller but I wouldn't say out of scale with the HT.

Bluefin distributes the Bandai model kits in the US.

Back