Balrog Vs. Gandalf Diorama!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The great thing about this scene is that it spanned the two first films and was the last scene with GtG.

The great thing about this scene is that it spanned the two first films and was the last scene with GtG.

Wasn't that scene technically really only in TTT? It was Frodo's dream sequence in teh opening right? I haven't watched the films in a while so my memory may be off, but we don't see the Balrog and Gandalf falling together in FOTR as far as I remember.

This looks really good, and I'd like to get it, but with the Tusken Raider PF being announced, and me being more of a PF guy, I think I'm gonna have to pass on it. And plus I'm still hoping they announce another LOTR PF, but who knows. I'm gonna try my best to stay out of the diorama line, but SS sure isn't making it easy.

It's a pass for me. I dropped the dio line. Sticking with P.F.'s

Just not enough $$$ or space to buy everything.

Not to pick nits or anything but I don't think the Balrog had the whip in his hand when they were falling and fighting. :monkey3

No your right this is not a scene from any movie.

Will prob not pick it up at this stage and who knows this is only the proto so maybe it might mysteriously change like some other piece did,does look good though.:D

So I guess the pose the went with is as if Gandalf still had the whip wrapped around his ankle? Kind of a cool idea so that he looks like he's falling, but I think I would have preferred if he was stabbing into the Balrog or striking him... and thats how he was connected.

Because it does kinda look like a flame is shooting out of his ass :lol

Still, I may get this piece... the price isn't insane. And since there is no exclusive it might be easy to get a decent deal on it later on.

I think they should've had it touching the outside of the robe, as a form of support, which is all it is really.

It's pretty neat though

So I guess the pose the went with is as if Gandalf still had the whip wrapped around his ankle? Kind of a cool idea so that he looks like he's falling, but I think I would have preferred if he was stabbing into the Balrog or striking him... and thats how he was connected.

Because it does kinda look like a flame is shooting out of his ass :lol

That was my first thought as well. Boba Fetts jetpack ended up there somehow. :monkey3

The physics don't really work either. You would think that the he would be held captive by and be dragged down by the whip, and that Gandalf would be facing the opposite direction, being pulled on his ankle.

Ah, I'm nitpicking now, the Balrog sculpt is fantastic, even if Gandalf looks a little cartoony due to scale. Props to Sideshow for another creative piece, instead of just copying the expected bridge scene, I'm sure this looks very impressive. Even though it seems a lot more people would have bought the Khazad Dum scene.

I think they should've had it touching the outside of the robe, as a form of support, which is all it is really.

It's pretty neat though

That would have been better... it does say pending approval, so maybe they'll tweak it a bit. A few small changes would really make a huge impact.

Im actually really liking this piece.
Tempted to pick up the Balrog bust and this one as my only LOTR pieces.....

That was my first thought as well. Boba Fetts jetpack ended up there somehow. :monkey3

The physics don't really work either. You would think that the he would be held captive by and be dragged down by the whip, and that Gandalf would be facing the opposite direction, being pulled on his ankle.

Ah, I'm nitpicking now, the Balrog sculpt is fantastic, even if Gandalf looks a little cartoony due to scale. Props to Sideshow for another creative piece, instead of just copying the expected bridge scene, I'm sure this looks very impressive. Even though it seems a lot more people would have bought the Khazad Dum scene.

Gandalf is holding on to one of the balrog's horns

balrogvsgandalf02.jpg

You know, I completely forgot about the fact that the whip grabs him by the ankle. It goes where it should then. Still, unfortunate how it was perceived.

You know, I completely forgot about the fact that the whip grabs him by the ankle. It goes where it should then. Still, unfortunate how it was perceived.

Yes right you are but while Gandalf is falling he does also grab onto the Balrog's horn/tusk whatever you want to call it and SS got that right too

Back