Bag End Environment - from Weta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ES is too high, but I ordered the CE without hesitation.

Ordered the Limited Edition with the back that lets you see into some of the rooms interiors. Way cool! Though I could have gotten 2 open editions for the price of the Ex. I will probably get one later on.

I would be a 'fool of a took' if I did not order this.
A collector's edition is on preorder for me!

Looking more closely at the collectors edition - seems to me that
the back should look more like uncovered earth rather than
smooth black.

I have most of the original enviros (missed the elusive Orthanc :banghead) so I'd be a fool of a took not to get this exclusive edition! ORDERED! Will look great with the upcoming Argonath and the rest.

Wonder what new one is next? Rivendell? The Black Gates? A new Orthanc/Isengard? :monkey5

And what 'old one that didn't get released'...The Prancing Pony? The Hobbiton Mill? The Moria Cemetary?...

Charles posted this at the SF....thought it would help for scale

bagendlaunch.jpg

Brilliant! It looks wonderful. I just hope all the little details come out well, and especially hope the paint applications are up to scratch, especially considering the high ES.

My only criticism would be the amount of black on the back of the CE. I know the rooms have to be that small because of the scale it's in (i wonder if the licence means they couldn't have done this in a bigger scale? ) but instead of all that black i would have preferred a few tree roots bending around the rooms, to show how the roots of the tree ontop wind through the hill.

Now looking forward to the 'few' more LOTR items Weta were talking about :banana

I ordered mine today:banana, one from the open edition. After seeing the pic with Lee and the others, it looks larger than I expected it to be. With the current exchange rate (approx. 1.41 NZD to 1.00 USD), it's about $139 with shipping. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the rate gets even better by the time this ships.

I ordered mine today:banana, one from the open edition. After seeing the pic with Lee and the others, it looks larger than I expected it to be. With the current exchange rate (approx. 1.41 NZD to 1.00 USD), it's about $139 with shipping. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the rate gets even better by the time this ships.

Is that really the price for the open es in the US?

Back