"Bad Science Teacher": The Chemist customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess that the right thing if you're unhappy is asking me first,but you prefered being vocal,this could have been solved with no cost for you.i really sorry.

This paint job show on your website looks fantastic.

Please solve the QA issue so we all can get the same standard.

Then we can all sleep :).

attachment-14_zpsf2775797.jpg

Last edited:
There's some difference in style as for the skin tone but the only thing that looks amateurish is the beard IMHO.

he answered that already

Maybe i'm not agree,but in the studio we're 3 painters...probably my fault...sorry

the question is "moving forward will the paint quality be the same as his work pictured ? or is it pot luck ?

This is generally the reason why I don't accept paint commissions. I'm about to do my first run and it will either kill me or drive me batty because there's no way in hell a single head is leaving without being up to the highest standard. But I totally symphasise with mass producing paint jobs by hand, it's not something to take for granted guys.

The truth is that when a painter charges me 100 plus for a paint job I hardly argue with it. Maybe it's just me but it takes me usually over 10 hours to get a killer paint job sometimes more break that down hourly and it's actually a tenth of what I charge hourly for freelance art direction work.

I'm certainly not advocating for rushed paint jobs or an inconsistency from what's promised from the pictures, actually it's the exact opposite all I'm saying is I know how it can happen and it's why people have to be carefull of getting into the "business" of offering hand painted heads.

It's all the more reason why I respect the hell out of Denny so much. He's essentially mass producing heads by hand. Those buggers are all hand painted and consistent as hell. Painting heads is a ***** guys. Seriously. Even if you are good at it.

Sal is a great painter that much can be seen just from his pics. What he might want to do is develop a system where the other two dudes maybe lay down base coats etc and he does the finishing work, that way the results are consistent and the work is divided.

Great mask ky92! I am making one also.
I bought an old mask with clear face shield, then picked up a couple others for parts.
I'll be putting them together soon for my mask! I'll make the pink filters later. :rock

343khop.jpg

breakingbad_walterwhite_labsuit.png

98gba9.jpg

I trust Proteus to make it right. :)

Last edited:
Wow, the old bait and switch. I'll show you this guys paint work, but then have this other guy paint your purchase. Not a good move. Show all three artist's paint up and let the customer choose which artist. Don't show the premiere work and then send out the lesser.

Wow, the old bait and switch. I'll show you this guys paint work, but then have this other guy paint your purchase. Not a good move. Show all three artist's paint up and let the customer choose which artist. Don't show the premiere work and then send out the lesser.

:goodpost:

Breaking bad display. Working on a 1/6 Heisenberg. Just got the official Goorin Heisenberg hat. Displayed it with its box and the official Goorin Captain Cook Jesse beanie.

1378863_10151923246825589_920269474_n.jpg

Breaking bad display. Working on a 1/6 Heisenberg. Just got the official Goorin Heisenberg hat. Displayed it with its box and the official Goorin Captain Cook Jesse beanie.

1378863_10151923246825589_920269474_n.jpg

When I went to the BB Exhibit at The Museum of Moving Image 2weeks ago , the hat on display was a Bailey from Hollywood Hat which is a Division of Bollman . Just thought I'd throw that out there .

Good stuff I missed out on one of those awesome Goorin hats, to hear there not 100% accurate or at least the right brand is most satisfying hehe ;)

Back