"Bad Science Teacher": The Chemist customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not interested in another recasting/ip property debate though inevitably the $.02 peanut gallery will chase their tails again. I was just showing my solution to the boots. As most of you know, a lot of customs involve altering existing pieces to look like something else, sometimes this involves making a mold to produce a better piece, such as Spencer's altered flamethrower wand or these boots. It's simply another tool in the toolbox to yield a certain result. Often original, professional sculpts start off as wax poured into existing molds as a way to get the sizing similar, a tip Trev shared with me. The "recast" is then altered, resculpted and comes out looking completely different. So I would say, and there are laws I stating this same thing (I think it's 1/3) for the litigious Mrs. Kravtis among you, that how much you alter something really does matter. But I do agree that although altered in form and color, I don't think these boots are altered much, and that's one reason I'm not offering them.

I'm not calling you out, just having a laugh at the hypocrites here who are quick to defend their own work/purchases from being recast, yet condone it when it suits their own needs. :lol

no worries. I think (hope) we're all smart enough to recognize the differences in mold making to mod something and mold making for profiteering.

wip of hank.

2C8B5275-EFEA-4FD4-A113-CD7414F08A54-8411-000007A991060BA7.jpg

A couple pics of my Walt. Special thanks to mike1185 (wedding ring) and Entropy (gas mask) for providing the finishing touches! Sculpt was painted by Silentsurfer, and the suit I'm sure everyone recognizes as Moe's. :)

_MG_6134.jpg

_MG_6137.jpg

_MG_6145.jpg

_MG_6144.jpg

_MG_6142.jpg

_MG_6139.jpg

A couple pics of my Walt. Special thanks to mike1185 (wedding ring) and Entropy (gas mask) for providing the finishing touches! Sculpt was painted by Silentsurfer, and the suit I'm sure everyone recognizes as Moe's. :)

_MG_6134.jpg

_MG_6137.jpg

_MG_6145.jpg

_MG_6144.jpg

_MG_6142.jpg

_MG_6139.jpg

What kind of watch is that, Marf?

Thanks DM, it's all about the oogle! :rock

That's actually the calculator watch from the Rainman Marty McFly clothing set. I didn't use it on Marty because it's not in scale with a slim body, but it works great for Walt! :)

Which basically means you have no chance of finding one ;). On a more positive note Dcheung did a really nice Casio calculator watch that a few people have used.

Which basically means you have no chance of finding one ;). On a more positive note Dcheung did a really nice Casio calculator watch that a few people have used.

Unfortunately. :lol Dchung's is actually what I'm using on my Marty instead of this one.

Back