Bad Blood Predator statue - 1:5 scale - now on sale!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pre ordered! The original kit from Narin was priced @ $350-$400 and that not painted yet, so you have to hire a painter which is another $150. It has only a limited run of 99pcs.

So getting this statue for $300 painted is a good deal to be honest. This is my first Sideshow purchase ever. Yeah, I'm poor.

Agreed, it's very costly to get a pro painted Narin kit. So getting one already painted from SS is great for ppl who can't afford to get a narin, then get it painted.

Re: Bad Blood Pred

Narin posted this over at the HuntersLair.

Quote:
Thank you very much for all comment man thanks really.

Sideshow contact me around 2 years ago I talk with them and decide to sell my sculpture take time around almost 1 years I think and care every my fans I want to everyone think same : my kit sell by myself on Narin series and Sideshow are difference style Narin series you get my kit , my sign and you painting by yourself Sideshow statue you get my sculpture paint up by big company.

and I sell prototype and mold master to Sideshow I confirm Bad blood statue by Sideshow is real by my prototype no re-cast kit.

after confirm to sell prototype I stop selling Narin series 04 Bad blood immediately Although I have many customer asking to it I necessary to say no I can not tell to reason this is rule. hope everyone understand.

Thank you

TNX for posting this! :hi5: Really gorgeous piece. Let's hope all Narin work won't be undermined by paintwork.

pre ordered! The original kit from Narin was priced @ $350-$400 and that not painted yet, so you have to hire a painter which is another $150. It has only a limited run of 99pcs.

So getting this statue for $300 painted is a good deal to be honest. This is my first Sideshow purchase ever. Yeah, I'm poor.

right on spot! :exactly:

Wow the details on this are sick. This may be my first Predator piece. The color of the blood is a little off but if they could use some sort of glow in the dark paint or something that would pretty cool.

The paint apps are everything on this piece. I certainly hope Sideshow comes through on the final product.

Ordered thru the link, after thinking about it I just think this guy will look awesome next to the classic and elder. :D

it lists Joe Dunaway as the painter so if this is true, then the paint app should be excellent. i wonder if he was commisioned to paint all these?

Paint apps in production will be everything for this piece. I love Narin's sculpt and I am considering placing my order but I have my doubts that the factory pant apps can make it look this good. I'll have to think about it some more.

I focus on PF and have been patiently waiting Predator 1 & 2 figures, but I can't pass on this statue. Ordered.

If you look at the scale representation pics on the product page - It looks like a 13" predator. The 18" height is due to a high base and long weapon.
Anywho - Big pass for me. Although Narin's talent is undeniable, I like my predators closer to the movie styles, with a more 'crude' style of armor and weapons, less fancy details, and no 'humanized' bodies. Narin work reminds me of Michelangelo and Da Vinci style, not a good Predator representation to me.

If you look at the scale representation pics on the product page - It looks like a 13" predator. The 18" height is due to a high base and long weapon.Anywho - Big pass for me. Although Narin's talent is undeniable, I like my predators closer to the movie styles, with a more 'crude' style of armor and weapons, less fancy details, and no 'humanized' bodies. Narin work reminds me of Michelangelo and Da Vinci style, not a good Predator representation to me.

That's what I was thinking myself it looks to be on the small side of 1/5.

The appeal for this piece is it makes me ask what's up with this guy?? No apparent modern armor or weaponry seen on a typical hunter. Definitely stands out from the rest. Just midieval weaponry and what looks like pure rage.

Looks 1/6 to me. Take away the base and the height of the spear and the actual pred will be pretty small.
Won't fit in with the classic and elder also no Ex = easy pass for me.
Might go for the elder to accompany my classic pre.
Does look pretty nice though.

Sure the predator is smaller due to him standing on his base and the tip of his axe, but I think over all hes going to look awesome next to the 2. I personally like the look of him, very primative and tribal warrior look going on. With limited armor and carrying melee weapons over the typical shoulder cannon gimmick.

this ____ is 1/6 scale, thread title fail. I've had Narin kits before, awesome sculpt, just too small, but I was paying over a grand to have some of those painted up (this kit was like $400 shipped raw!). If the paint turns out good, I may consider this. These are soooooooo fragile, but at least SS has styrofoam shippers.

i chatted with SSC live chat today and ask them if this is really 1/5 scale and not 1/6 and told them that Narin used to advertised it in his store that this is 1/6 and they told me no..I again asked if they enlarged it to 1/5 and they said yes..they also said it's made out of polystone and it will be shipped unassembled like the axe and so on...

I guess we'll find out once this is released..

Rob

Back