Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't wanna mean that the bust is bad, but is not like the prototype, the gold is different and the red too, red is more shiny than the proto and gold mask is more yellow than the proto, I worked with paint and I see a lot of differences, maybe are the lights on the picture that may change how it looks but I tell what I see, of course I think that is a great bust but also I think that should have better paintjob.

About the lower costs of the chinese factories only has to see all the statues that comes with a lot of flaws and they do nothing, two recent examples, Apocalypse and the Iron Man Mark VI 1/2 Bust with the Arc Reactor...if you think this company cares about their product and customers I think you are wrong, one thing is make money and other do things like this like Sideshow.

By the way, in Avengers movie the Mark VII suit is still a prototype, maybe in the Iron Man 3 movie is the suit finished and because of it is a little bit different the neck zone, this makes sense.

Sideshow is awesome, but somehow their Quality does not show with most iron man pieces. Probably they understand that the demand is there even with the flaws.

Sideshow is awesome, but somehow their Quality does not show with most iron man pieces. Probably they understand that the demand is there even with the flaws.

This is what I mean, thanks :yess: and not only with Iron Man, also with more statues, but well, lets change the subject.

Like I said before, I think that the differences on the same suit is because in the Avengers still is a prototype suit and in Iron Man 3 is the finished suit, for me makes sense.

This is what I mean, thanks :yess: and not only with Iron Man, also with more statues, but well, lets change the subject.

Like I said before, I think that the differences on the same suit is because in the Avengers still is a prototype suit and in Iron Man 3 is the finished suit, for me makes sense.
There are too many differences with The Avengers suit which is strange but that is because they have based it on the Iron Man 3 Mark 7 but that suit was not in The Avengers and was only shown in Iron Man 3 for a couple of seconds. I don't know what they were thinking but if you advertise it as The Avengers suit why make an Iron Man 3 suit that basically does not exists, that makes sense right? :slap

Iron+Man+MarkVII+helmet.jpg

Thanks, I really am happy with the bust as a whole. I missed out on the Mk3 bust so was always going to go for this one. I think you're right that the silver pieces actually improve the look of the bust, had they been red it could have looked a little plain, although I do understand the argument for 100% film accurate pieces. I have just looked at the IM3 poster with the Mk7 in the hall of armour that has the silver pieces so I'm just concluding that there must have been to versions of the suit for Avengers and IM3. Like I said, it doesn't really bother me.
It's certainly a bummer that the light up features don't work and it's both arc reactor and eyes. There must be a loose connection or something. I'm guessing more people will start receiving their busts soon so I'll wait and see if anyone else has a similar problem. I'll keep you updated on what Sideshow says.

I wonder if it would be possible to 'easily' mod the bust and replace the AR with one from a war machine bust - do you think one could order a replacement WM bust AR for use in this bust? Also, could you post a YouTube vid of the bust - there is very little video of the bust at all on YouTube since it is so new.

Thanks!

I know the height, length, and width of the piece from Sideshows web site, but I would like to know the size of the base feet from edge to edge, I want to make sure I have enough room on my stand to hold it...

There are too many differences with The Avengers suit which is strange but that is because they have based it on the Iron Man 3 Mark 7 but that suit was not in The Avengers and was only shown in Iron Man 3 for a couple of seconds. I don't know what they were thinking but if you advertise it as The Avengers suit why make an Iron Man 3 suit that basically does not exists, that makes sense right? :slap

If the faceplate was finished like that I would order this in 2 seconds.

which is this pic?? can u please post more pics face looking nice in this pic

Yes, there is no other explanation.

I wonder if it would be possible to 'easily' mod the bust and replace the AR with one from a war machine bust - do you think one could order a replacement WM bust AR for use in this bust? Also, could you post a YouTube vid of the bust - there is very little video of the bust at all on YouTube since it is so new.

Thanks!

I'm talking with a friend to make something about that, not a new full reactor but something for it, if finally we do I will post it

Yes, there is no other explanation.

Also notice that the 'jaw area' is silver in some shots, and black (which I prefer) in the bust - so like all movies, differences will be found in models. In short, this is Sideshows best representation (for the money) of the Mark VII armor. I think it will do fine - I don't want to pay through the teeth for perfect model. This should do fine for a prop in a movie room, marvel show room, etc. It will get noticed ;) and appreciated by all but the most demanding individuals.

I think it's a fair bust for what you pay, I mean the suits in the movies are billion dollar pieces of technology, it's hard to get something that looks 100% authentic to that (which half the time is CG anyway) for $799! Even the stuff on studio tours doesn't always look that great. Still, it's a bit too plastic-like still for my liking, I suspect you'd need to make the thing out of actual metal or resin painted with metallic point to really get it spot on, but that would probably cost 2k and weigh a tonne.

Yet the $250 Hot Toys figure is accurate to the hero CGI armor.

By the way, in Avengers movie the Mark VII suit is still a prototype, maybe in the Iron Man 3 movie is the suit finished and because of it is a little bit different the neck zone, this makes sense.

No, the less detailed suit you are comparing it to is just the prop they used in the Hall of Armor, it wasn't fully detailed because it was not used in "hero" shots, so it didn't need to be accurate to the actual design of the suit with the smaller details, it just needed to look right from a distance. It would just be a static statue. This is very common in movies and theater, there will be many versions of props and they will be used based on the need for the shot. In Captain America for example there are stunt shields and hero shields. Stunt shields will be cheaper to make and lighter to carry (fiberglass), they lack the details but wont be seen in closeups but used in fight scenes and the like. Hero shields are more expensive to produce from real metal and will only be seen when those tiny details with the leather and metal will be seen onscreen.

So with this bust you are just getting an exact copy of a static/stunt prop suit. Which to me is just ridiculous, I would never strive to own and spend that much money on the purposely less detailed version of an Iron Man suit that was never made to be seen up close in the first place. They just really wanted to slap that "Legacy Effects" logo on the box, knowing that most people would think that "made from the real molds" would mean that it is the most accurate thing on the planet, when in reality it is just made from the molds of the stand-in prop suit, which isn't the suit we all see up close in the films.

Hall of Armor prop statue-

Hero CGI Armor
tx7iZKA.jpg

No, the less detailed suit you are comparing it to is just the prop they used in the Hall of Armor, it wasn't fully detailed because it was not used in "hero" shots, so it didn't need to be accurate to the actual design of the suit with the smaller details, it just needed to look right from a distance. It would just be a static statue. This is very common in movies and theater, there will be many versions of props and they will be used based on the need for the shot. In Captain America for example there are stunt shields and hero shields. Stunt shields will be cheaper to make and lighter to carry (fiberglass), they lack the details but wont be seen in closeups but used in fight scenes and the like. Hero shields are more expensive to produce from real metal and will only be seen when those tiny details with the leather and metal will be seen onscreen.

So with this bust you are just getting an exact copy of a static/stunt prop suit. Which to me is just ridiculous, I would never strive to own and spend that much money on the purposely less detailed version of an Iron Man suit that was never made to be seen up close in the first place. They just really wanted to slap that "Legacy Effects" logo on the box, knowing that most people would think that "made from the real molds" would mean that it is the most accurate thing on the planet, when in reality it is just made from the molds of the stand-in prop suit, which isn't the suit we all see up close in the films.

Hero CGI Armor
tx7iZKA.jpg

I agree in that this is probably Legacy Effects best molds available for this kind of thing (display), because they don't have the CGI 'version' - it's digital. So Sideshow elected to use what Legacy had, rather than try to mimic the CGI version (which they would have to create on their own - or heavily modify Legacy's version). This would cause at least two problems. For marketing they would likely lose the 'with Legacy Effects', and second, to really nail the CGI look it would take materials that would make the bust cost too much for the average collector. Even the deep pocketed ones like the ones that are buying 800-1000 dollar busts.

I think it is okay to have a life size Legacy mold iron man for display - and be content that it is just that (a prop piece, and a really nice one at that). It is what it is, and I'll take one please :)

That said, I think the AR was a bit of a disaster (that is the only thing I see that is 'bad')

I agree in that this is probably Legacy Effects best molds available for this kind of thing (display), because they don't have the CGI 'version' - it's digital. So Sideshow elected to use what Legacy had, rather than try to mimic the CGI version (which they would have to create on their own - or heavily modify Legacy's version). This would cause at least two problems. For marketing they would likely lose the 'with Legacy Effects', and second, to really nail the CGI look it would take materials that would make the bust cost too much for the average collector. Even the deep pocketed ones like the ones that are buying 800-1000 dollar busts.

All they'd need to do is paint the colors correctly, add a few more seams and the screw holes on the top of the faceplate that they forgot, and then put some texture under the collar instead of a couple generic metal spars. Again, the Hot Toys figure is bang on to the CGI suit and it doesn't cost $800, its not impossible to put that level of detail into a 1:1 scale sculpture if they managed it on a 1:6 scale articulated toy made of plastic. If all they are doing is copying from an existing mold then I'd seriously wonder why this is so expensive if doing any actual sculptural work is apparently totally out of the question. Its just very disappointing.

ZcWyC5H.jpg

tx7iZKA.jpg

I wonder if some 'brave soul' would take his own Mark VII, some good gold metallic paint, and brush it own free hand to give that brushed look effect. It would probably work, but man o man at the risk...

Yes, the mask in a real gold efect would be awesome.

Hero CGI Armor

I don't understand about props but has sense. What does it mean CGI?

All they'd need to do is paint the colors correctly, add a few more seams and the screw holes on the top of the faceplate that they forgot, and then put some texture under the collar instead of a couple generic metal spars. Again, the Hot Toys figure is bang on to the CGI suit and it doesn't cost $800, its not impossible to put that level of detail into a 1:1 scale sculpture if they managed it on a 1:6 scale articulated toy made of plastic. If all they are doing is copying from an existing mold then I'd seriously wonder why this is so expensive if doing any actual sculptural work is apparently totally out of the question. Its just very disappointing.

I'm with you, is a great bust but is really dissapointing, Hot Toys do it, why Sideshow not? easy, is such an easier for they make molds from the legacy, this means less money to spend in production.

Back