Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I didn't order this piece after all....it really is disappointing. I've got high hopes for the Mk 42 bust after seeing those proto pics so hopefully it will blow the Mk 7 out of the water!

Glad I didn't order this piece after all....it really is disappointing. I've got high hopes for the Mk 42 bust after seeing those proto pics so hopefully it will blow the Mk 7 out of the water!

Have to say I agree :(

The gold metal faceplate and silver on the suit need to be more metallic (and lightly brushed). Even the AR is not to scale - it is too large for the suit. Shame, those could have been easily corrected. The red isn't quite right either - in the movie is a bit more rustic red, and flat (not overly shiny)

Hope the neck has a ball joint that the head can tilt up and down as well.

:) I doubt very much that this will have a neck and ball joint feature but certainly a design idea for future busts of all characters. At least that way you can vary your display options and have him facing the direction of your choice :)

With all the delays for this bust I'm pretty sure that means the Mark 42 has no chance of being released in 2014. :(

Just got an email, delayed until July 15. :(

Just got mine and it has been pushed back to July 25th. Not sure the Mark 42 will be all that much better. The only real issue I have with the Mark VII is the lack of metallic looking paint - and if they don't get it right on the Mark 42 it will be a so so bust as well.

Just got mine and it has been pushed back to July 25th. Not sure the Mark 42 will be all that much better. The only real issue I have with the Mark VII is the lack of metallic looking paint - and if they don't get it right on the Mark 42 it will be a so so bust as well.

Well, even in the proto pics the Mk 42 has always looked a lot better than the Mk 7 ever did. I'd like to think that the extra $300 charge will bring much better quality with it.

It's so bad that when SS put a date on nowadays we end up extrapolating to a real date of mid to late 2015 or even 2016, they gotta get a handle on that because it's becoming a bit of a joke.

All the same, the MK42 does look sweet, but like all the busts it'll all come down to the metal effect, apart from that it looks really spot on compared to the movie version.

The MK42 proto looks awesome!

It does - but I don't care for all that gold. That is the reason I am still holding out hope for the Mark VII, love the classic red covering most of the suit with a solid gold faceplate. The AR does have a strong blue hue (if you keep in faithful to the movie) - and that is ok, as long as it looks good close up (not just a sticker or something). All they have to do is get the paint right for the faceplate. If they do that right the bust will rock.

Here's to hopin'

The 42 is the worst functioning suit in iron man history why would you want a giant bust of it staring at you.

It does - but I don't care for all that gold. That is the reason I am still holding out hope for the Mark VII, love the classic red covering most of the suit with a solid gold faceplate. The AR does have a strong blue hue (if you keep in faithful to the movie) - and that is ok, as long as it looks good close up (not just a sticker or something). All they have to do is get the paint right for the faceplate. If they do that right the bust will rock.

Here's to hopin'

The 42 is the worst functioning suit in iron man history why would you want a giant bust of it staring at you.

Share similar thoughts with you, guys! :hi5:

Because, even though the suit kinda sucked, it's still BY FAR the best looking IM bust Sideshow has done....well, at least it is in prototype form.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they all just sit there and stare at you regardless of function.

If I get a 1:1 it will be the best looking one, metalic finish will contribute to that.

Surely it wouldn't be too hard to whip up a translucent resin insert for the AR. Domed front, AR component detailing embossed in the back so just visible when unlit. Turn the light on and the detailing is more pronounced. Nasty blue frosting hidden under the insert.

The Mark 42 suit had the most personality and screen time, so whilst a bit quirky and admittedly prone to falling to bits, it's still pretty cool.

Back