Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - (April 27, 2018)

Stan Lee social media account dropping spoilers. Probably some dumb recent college grad running it.

I see this Thursday night. I'm so close, yet so many spoilers hitting the net. I can't seem to hide from them!!

:clap

Thank you.

Lucky bastard, how'd you get to see it?

Perks of working in the cinema :p

So what’s your take on the black order after seeing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehh, a bit hit and miss. They start off incredibly menacing and holy ****, done really well, like I said the opening is incredible, but you don't see how they are individually until they're all sent out to find the stones. Ebony Maw in New York is bloody great, he can hold his own easily and makes Doctor Strange look an amateur. He's clearly the best and most well done, I'm surprised Hot Toys din't choose to showcase him first. He's like a weird preaching, magic using menacing character. Black Dwarf oddly has the next amount of screen time, he's literally just a creature that smashes things, I can't even remember if he speaks. He's a bit shallow in that regard. Corvus Glaive was incredibly disappointing, unless you want spoilers, I don't want to go overly spoiler specific, he does have some nice moments, but in truth I thought he was going to be this badass character, I think he was severely underused and underplayed. And Proxima Midnight? May as well have not even been in the film, absolutely wasted character, no great moment in the film at all. They could have been done a lot better in regard to actually making Proxima Midnight formidable instead of just a forgettable and underused foe, and Corvus could have been done better I feel, he was almost there. To be honest if it was just Ebony Maw getting all the black Orders' screen time I would have been happier. But also, a lot of screen time went towards Thanos, and it was worth it.

If you guys are happy with me tagging a spoiler post with more specifics I'm happy to.

And yes, Thanos does live up to the hype. I've not seen BP yet, but from the very beginning, you're aware Thanos A has the strength and presence to **** the Avengers up, but B also that he's not a run of the mill villain, he means business and he has a reason.

Kewl. I knew from watching the Widow clip that Corvos Glaive was trash in the MCU. Shame, since he's the leader of the Order. Glad to hear Thanos lives up to the hype.

1524541838454.jpg

Her feet are on backwards.

Perks of working in the cinema :p

Ehh, a bit hit and miss. They start off incredibly menacing and holy ****, done really well, like I said the opening is incredible, but you don't see how they are individually until they're all sent out to find the stones. Ebony Maw in New York is bloody great, he can hold his own easily and makes Doctor Strange look an amateur. He's clearly the best and most well done, I'm surprised Hot Toys din't choose to showcase him first. He's like a weird preaching, magic using menacing character. Black Dwarf oddly has the next amount of screen time, he's literally just a creature that smashes things, I can't even remember if he speaks. He's a bit shallow in that regard. Corvus Glaive was incredibly disappointing, unless you want spoilers, I don't want to go overly spoiler specific, he does have some nice moments, but in truth I thought he was going to be this badass character, I think he was severely underused and underplayed. And Proxima Midnight? May as well have not even been in the film, absolutely wasted character, no great moment in the film at all. They could have been done a lot better in regard to actually making Proxima Midnight formidable instead of just a forgettable and underused foe, and Corvus could have been done better I feel, he was almost there. To be honest if it was just Ebony Maw getting all the black Orders' screen time I would have been happier. But also, a lot of screen time went towards Thanos, and it was worth it.

If you guys are happy with me tagging a spoiler post with more specifics I'm happy to.

And yes, Thanos does live up to the hype. I've not seen BP yet, but from the very beginning, you're aware Thanos A has the strength and presence to **** the Avengers up, but B also that he's not a run of the mill villain, he means business and he has a reason.

What is your score on the whole film?? No spoilers just great- awsome- letdown- etc

Kewl. I knew from watching the Widow clip that Corvos Glaive was trash in the MCU. Shame, since he's the leader of the Order. Glad to hear Thanos lives up to the hype.

yeah what a dud- great looking cosmic villians and beaten by BW.....just don't get it

Thankfully, my fav -- Ebony Maw -- is as good as Thanos.

Corvus always looked like a knock-off of the Green Goblin anyway.

[h=1]Joss Whedon's alternate versions of The Avengers sound wild[/h]
Randall Colburn
Today 11:07amFiled to: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

57https://news.avclub.com/joss-whedon-apparently-wrote-a-ton-of-crazy-versions-of-1825499608#https://news.avclub.com/joss-whedon-apparently-wrote-a-ton-of-crazy-versions-of-1825499608#

gmfigrfhe3ebscy2jif1.jpg

Photo: Ray Tamarra (Getty Images)
Avengers: Infinity War, the culmination of roughly three dozen films and lots of loud noises, arrives this Friday. Like every Marvel film that came before it, there’s bound to be lots of frantic, breakneck battles that climax with a final half-hour that’s bound to leave you slack-eyed and drooling into your 32-ounce soda. That particular Marvel trend, if you can remember back that far, more or less began with 2012's The Avengers, the first movie to truly test the potential of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Now, Avengers’ director Joss Whedon and a slew of the flick’s tech wizards have gathered with Thrillist for an oral history of that first climactic battle.

There’s plenty for fans and film buffs to devour here—including some background for the infamous, “last-minute” shawarma scene—but what’s always most striking are the “what-ifs.” Here, Whedon breaks down a few wild iterations of the film that could’ve been, whether that be due to Scarlett Johansson’s unpredictable schedule or Whedon’s own distrust in Tom Hiddleston’s potential as a top-tier villain. Can you imagine The Wasp filling Johansson’s boots? Would you have dug deep-cut Marvel character Zeke Stane as Loki’s partner-in-crime? Because it almost happened.
Joss Whedon (writer-director): We went through a lot of insane iterations of what might be. At the very beginning, I wrote entire drafts that had no bearing on what I would eventually film. There was a moment where we thought we weren’t gonna have Scarlett [Johansson], and so I wrote a huge bunch of pages starring The Wasp. That was not useful. I also worried that one British character actor was not enough to take on Earth’s mightiest heroes, and that we’d feel like we were rooting for the overdog. So I wrote a huge draft with Ezekiel Stane, Obadiah Stane’s son, in it. Kevin looked at it and said, “Yeah, no.” [Marvel Studios co-president] Louis D’Esposito actually at that point said, “Yeah, Kevin, it’s all wrong, but look how good it is. Like this is really good wrong.” That was a nice boost.

Whedon is a particularly fascinating voice in the oral history, delving deep into his fights for gags, the ways he relates with The Hulk, and his distaste for the “bible” that writer Zak Penn had been keeping for Marvel in the years leading up to The Avengers.
Joss Whedon (writer-director): I read it one time, and I’ve never seen it since. I was like, “Nope. There’s nothing here.” There was no character connection. There was a line in the stage directions that said, apropos of nothing, “And then they all walk towards the camera in slow motion because you have to have that.” Yeah, well, no: You have to earn that.
Whether Whedon likes it or not, there’s no way Marvel’s not having the breadth of their entire universe walk towards the camera in slow motion in Infinity War. By now, at least, it’s safe to say they’ve earned it.

Highlights:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Highlights:

Spoiler Spoiler:

More or less everything I was expecting if true.

Grace posted a spoiler free review. She liked the film, but the film has some issues.Her favorite characters were Thanos and Ebony. She said the film has tons of spoilers and that she had never heard so many gasps in a film screening. :D

Back