Avengers: Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some I will definitely get since they were never made, some depends on how they are in the film, or if the sculpt is good. But will probably end up with all of them since it is a big film and I can always sell my other versions.
Cap: Yes, new and cool outfit. Hopefully good HS. He's the leader. I'm a Cap fan and have all except SSM.
Iron Man: Yes. Only have MK VII and will have Silver Centurion.
Hawkeye: Most likely Yes, Hopefully better Renner HS, different outfit. Will only be second Hawkeye.
Quicksilver: Yes, New character
Scarlet Witch: Yes,New character, need more females.
Vision: Yes, New character
Black Widow: Probably, hoping for perfect HS.
Hulkbuster: Yes, new armor.
Hulk: Not sure. If sculpt completely different. Maybe pants with Avengers logo. Will sell first Hulk.
Thor: Maybe if armored version with different hair, not tied, different colored accents on armor. Probably sell Avengers 1 Thor
Maria Hill: Yes, due for a figure. Wanted her since first Avengers. Again need more females, perfect HS.
Peggy Carter: Maybe depending on her role, HS, and accessories.
War Machine: Yes, I have first one second hand. Depends on his involvement and HS.
Falcon: Is he really going to be in it? I might have to cancel TWS version.
Baron Wolfgang von Strucker: Yes, new villain. Good HS? Outfit?
Ultron: Yes, main villain, new. Heck he's in the title.

Obviously depends on head sculpts/prices etc, but for me currently....

Captain America : Maybe (own several Caps already but I do like the new outfit)
Iron Man : Probably Not
Ultron: Yes - gotta have the main villain!
Hawkeye : YES!! :pray: :pray: :pray:
Quicksilver: Yes
Scarlet Witch: Yes
Vision: Maybe
Black Widow : No already have the first Avengers one
Iron Man Hulk Buster Armor : No - Way too big and probably very expensive!!
Hulk : No - already have Avengers Assemble Hulk
Thor : No - looks to similar to TDW Thor
Maria Hill : YES - another most wanted! :pray:
Peggy Carter : possibily depends on the outfit ( although I'd prefer a CA:TFA Peggy)
War Machine: No
Falcon 2.0 : No
Baron Wolfgang von Strucker : Maybe - really do need some more villains!!

I'll play along:

Avengers: Age of Ultron - Captain America - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Iron Man - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Hawkeye with long jacket - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Quicksilver - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Scarlet Witch - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Vision - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Black Widow - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Iron Man Hulk Buster Armor - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Hulk - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Thor - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Maria Hill - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Peggy Carter - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - War Machine - Nope hmmm, may be as I like the character (not The actor). No IP!
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Falcon 2.0 - Nope
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Baron Wolfgang von Strucker - Nope
Agengers: Age of Ultron - Ultron - YES PLEASE :yess: goddamn right!

Almost the same list of what I have in mind. (Mine's in blue)

To buy lists based on unknown figure lines... sounds like fun :)

Captain America Yes, currently wavering on the Winter Soldier double pack but this is a must either way
Iron Man Yes, even though by then this will be Iron Man #4 for me, but I love the what we have seen of the suit and if not used together in a group display it will round out my planned Hall of Armour nicely
Ultron Yes, getting at least one version of him assuming they do multiples I will pick the one I like the most
Hawkeye Yes, hoping for the version with his long coat
Quicksilver Maybe, depends on how he is played
Scarlet Witch Maybe, depends on how she is played
Vision Most likely I love both the voice actors work and the Jarvis character
Black Widow Yes, unless I get her WS version
Iron Man Hulk Buster Armor No, dont think I will have the room or the money
Hulk Maybe, I think I would prefer Banner - may see if I can pick up an original one
Thor Yes, unless I get a TDW version
Maria Hill Yes (pure and simple)
Peggy Carter Yes, although it will make me wish I had a WWII Cap
War Machine Depends on the design, they are bound to change him as the UASF will want to distance itself from the AIM rebrand so I am betting WM Mk 3 or IP Mk 2
Falcon 2.0 Dont think so, considering getting a TWS one if I get Cap and/or BW from that film but if the design blows me away it could happen
Baron Wolfgang von Strucker Depends on his role in the film, could go either way depending on how they treat the character otherwise I am betting Cap 3 main villian.

I am only buying one of each character, exceptions being Iron Man and Cap along with Ultron considering that list of yes' could add up to about £2000 :horror!!
Makes me glad that going with their past release schedule we may not see these start to drop for 6-9 months after the film - but then its Avengers so they may bring them to market quicker

Cap - Probably not. Suit is fine but to me it's not a definitive look for him.
Thor - No, as I will have the light armor which to me is just as good if not better.
Iron Man - Very possible as I always preferred the inverted colors to the MK42
Hawkeye - Probably not. If I ever did it would only because the resale for the first one shot up so much.
Quicksilver - No
Scarlet Witch - No
Black Widow - No
Vision - probably not
HulkBuster - Hell yes, as long as I can afford it
Ultron - Hell yes
Hulk - Maybe. Never got the first one but I hope they can improve upon the mold

I want to guess that since Brolin showed up during the AoU cast panel at SDCC that he at least makes a cameo if not more so in this movie. Otherwise why bring him out? But in case, whatever Thanos figure they release, bought!

Cap - Nope, Strike cap for me. May grab the shield as an upgrade
Thor - Probably not, have MMS224 and will likely stick with it
Iron Man - Depends on the final look, lots can change with the CGI and stuff, wait and see
Hawkeye - Probably, the long sleeves of the jacket may allow for better articulation, sold the first release
Quicksilver - Dont know how I feel yet
Scarlet Witch - Probably
Black Widow - maybe, will depend on HT's sculpt
Vision - Definitely
HulkBuster - Yep
Ultron - Definitely, Villains are always welcome on my shelf
Hulk - Nope, Have the first one and its great

My list is a little different than most:

Avengers: Age of Ultron - Ultron figure mk1

Avengers: Age of Ultron - Ultron figure mk2

Avengers: Age of Ultron - Ultron figure mk3

This is probably the most financially viable list I have seen unless any of the Ultron versions end up HulkBuster sized!

I left Thanos out because it was said he wouldn't be in the film. But I would like to own a 1/6th of him sooner than later... I'm not sure if they will change his on screen appearance much after guardians, but I assume they wouldn't change much... hope it comes with his throne.

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty much the same unless HT somehow overprices Ultron Mk 1. :lol

With the sales on the original HT Avengers run and the popularity of their Marvel figures, you can expect all AOU figures to be overpriced

My wallet thanks whatever gods it prays to that I'm fine with one version of most characters.

So here's my list of upcoming Avengers line figures:

Captain America: Nope. Love Cap so much that he's the only figure I'm currently breaking my one per character rule on, as I'm picking up the Winter Soldier two-pack and I'll put the First Avenger outfit on the Rogers figure to have a both a golden age and modern Cap. So: I'm willing to have two Caps. But not three. The stealth suit was sufficiently different and badass to warrant a place in the collection, but that was it.

Iron Man: I have the Silver Centurion on pre-order and that will be good enough for me unless I fall in love with one of the upcoming armors. If we ever get a Stealth armor (like from the comics) I might set aside some hundred dollar bills for that, but first it would have to appear in a movie. (Note: the kid in Iron Man 3 mentioned the idea to Tony, and Tony seemed to dig it.)

Ultron: Yes, but only the final battle version / most iconic looking version

Hawkeye: I have no interest in Renner's Hawkeye, didn't buy the first one and won't buy the next one. Maybe if they had cast a different actor.

Quicksilver: Nah. Looks goofy, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson had zero presence in the Kick-Ass movies. He's a charm-free zone. No idea what Whedon saw in him.

Scarlet Witch: Yes, as long as I like her in the movie. I'm always on the lookout for interesting new female figures.

Vision: Probably not. Never much liked him in the comics. Always thought his romance with Scarlet Witch was dumb (and I pray Whedon doesn't try to revisit it.)

Black Widow: I'm in the market for a nicer Black Widow than the Winter Soldier version (which disappointed me so much I bought a replacement headsculpt on ebay for it.) I'd like to have one Widow to hang with the Avengers and another to hang with Stealth Cap, but Hot Toys would need to ace the new version, and it would also be nice if they gave us a new body for her.

Iron Man Hulk Buster Armor: Nope. Too big, too expensive, too much of a one-off "stunt" armor.

Hulk: I passed on the first Hulk because of the scale issue. They would need to fix the scale issue to get me to consider the next one, and they won't, so no.

Thor: I have the Dark World version pre-ordered and one Thor is enough for me.

Maria Hill: Whenever I look at her I see Whedon casting his pal Colbie Smulders to be in his movie. So, no. At least we didn't get Summer Glau. This time.

Peggy Carter: Hell yes.

War Machine: Nah. He's cool enough, but not "hundred dollar bills" cool. Only the best of the best make it to the shelf. That way I preserve space and also can afford my rent.

Falcon 2.0: Nah. He has a rad design but I'm about 96% certain that those wings are going to be the new "remember how the pedal things from Sweeney Todd's chair break the second you try to put them on?" / Catwoman's goggles situation. Too scared to spend money on him. I will own no Falcons.

Baron Wolfgang von Strucker: if he comes off super-cool in the movie he can keep Hugo Weaving, whose headsculpt is too perfect to allow me to display him as the Red Skull, company on my shelf.

Pepper Potts: Another hell yes. Where's my Pepper Potts figure, Hot Toys? I would understand your reluctance to make her if she never wore armor in the movies, but she wore armor in Iron man 3. Shouldn't you therefore be making an armored Pepper Potts? Isn't it in the Hot Toys charter somewhere that Iron Man armors get first priority? I'll take Peggy Carter in Iron Man armor too if that's the only way we can get her.

Here is a closer look at Vision!

RzZMyLs.png

Back