Avengers: Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron Man armor has parts from Mk 42. Arms, shoulders and head look the same and the torso just looks to be a color reversal from what the 42 was.

I dont think we have to worry about the costumes yet these pics could be from a run through. Or they could add more to their outfits with computer generation effects. But it looks great so far. Add me to the list of people who will try to get the entire Avengers 2 line up from Hot Toys.

Regardless of what they end up looking like, Scarlet and Quick Silver are definite passes for me. If that ends up being the main IM suit, that is also a pass. I'm thinking, Hulk, Hulk Buster, Ultron, Hawkeye, and maaaaybe Cap. The rest are either questionable or pass for me.

Mk43 looking like mk42 is no different than mks 3,4,6 and 7 looking marginally different. I doubt it's the only suit in the film(hulkbuster!!)and I'm sure the cg suit will look better.

image.jpg

i am still not sure that is Ultron, looks sooo different from the comic con teaser, i hope we get the comic con style version at some point

I doubt that is how Tony's armor will look on the final version. I think it was pretty much established in IM3 that the Mk42 was not one of Tony's favorites at the end. I'm not expecting multiple armors again either since the ending of IM3 also established that he no longer needs (or wants) to build multiple suits. He will probably have more than one, but I can't imagine him having more than 5. :)

I'm guessing they are using a repainted Mark42 armor as a placeholder to paint the final CGI suit over to hide how his real suit would look like from prying eyes (like ours).

Based on what I'm seeing, I'm hoping for the following:

1. Hawkeye: I missed out on the 1st version, so I'm hoping they re-release
2. Ultron: How can I pass on the badguy
3. Hulkbuster IM: It's so different from all the other suits, that it's a must.
4. Scarlet Witch
5. Quicksilver
6. Vision

Not anticipating getting any of the core Avengers. I think I'll stick to their individual movie versions.

Posted this in Movies & TV but figured I'd share this here too. The new IM suit looks a lot like the IM3 concept by Ryan Meinerding. The bigger differences are that the bicep and forearm on the AoU suit are straight from the Mk42 color scheme, but the rest of the color scheme look like this concept.

20140324_190216_7_bestshot.jpg

I'm with you, most people are jumping the gun and calling that Ultron due to the robot look, while it could just be a drone, but im 80% sure it's Vision :D

I look at it this way. Whatever it is, I cannot wait to see it in Avengers 2 :) But yeah, I was wondering that too, if it could be Vision.

View attachment 100669
Ultron reminds me Hertbreaker too much

View attachment 100671

If that's gonna be Ultron, I don't mind it at all. The connection to Iron Man is there, but it's different enough to really stand out as a design on its own which I like (it sure as hell looks creepy and actually "alive" than just a robot). Huge Ultron fan here, but while the retro jack o' lantern face would be awesome, going for a more humanoid face isn't actually outside of Ultron's realm. This looks like a mix of his "Age Of Ultron" Ultron Sentinel appearance with the intricate body details taken from his "return"/final battle appearance when he was revived on Earth, only in this case they added a human touch to his face to give him more expressions. And believe me, Ultron with expressions is something to behold at, seeing him implant himself in in the recently-reborn Adam Warlock in "Annihilation: Conquest" as his new biomechanical body lent to some of the most awesomely arrogant expressions I've seen; something the character was never able to normally do due to his design. If this is going to be Vision, it's be a bit of a shame if he'll look like a random Ultron drone instead of a very human android.

So yeah, I'm decided. Only getting Ultron and Ultron himself (I'm keeping an all-villains collection after all). This is the bad guy I've been waiting for years now, and I still can't believe he's actually gonna star as the main antagonist of an Avengers film.

If anything, an actual "Ultron-looking" design is a huge sigh of relief on my part. I was almost frightful that they'd go for a more A.I. hologram software style of enemy what with James Spader doing face/body mo-cap. In this regard, this means we'll potentially get a very PHYSICAL threat out of Ultron, which is a pretty essential aspect to the character given how most of his final battles end up being a full-on "one against many" brawl.

Not to mention, I'm glad this might mean we'll get a human-sized Ultron. Some people here were projecting he'd be Iron Monger-sized, which to me, is just all kinds of wrong. Yes, Ultron can be a very physical threat, but his huge technological advantage means he doesn't have to pimp himself out and make himself look physically bigger/bulkier than Hulk or Iron Monger (in the case of technological advancement anyway, the theory essentially boils down to sometimes "less is more").

Back