Attakus Aliens Alien Warrior Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one of these from Razor's Edge Collectibles too for a fantastic price. Looks like I definitely got the last one Jack because it hasn't been listed on his site for a few days now (I bought it quick after I saw that you bought it and that with this thread there would be renewed interest).

It really is a great piece and I was surprised the alien was made of porcelain and not polystone as I thought it would be. I would have probably preferred a different color then green but it is not in your face or anything and the paint is applied very well. I like the feet and the spit coming out of the mouth (you can actually see the spit going up into his mouth too instead of it just glued on the edge hanging out) which seemed to be a couple of things people were leery about. The base is enormous which isn't so great for space considerations but it is neat with the tubes underneath the grating and the spit hanging down.

When I look at the Alien Resurrection statue recently up for preorder on Sideshow's website I think even based on the initial pictures I saw of the Attakus statue and not in hand that this one really is superior. I am surprised it lasted so long at this price. Thanks Razors Edge Collectibles!

I got one of these from Razor's Edge Collectibles too for a fantastic price. Looks like I definitely got the last one Jack because it hasn't been listed on his site for a few days now (I bought it quick after I saw that you bought it and that with this thread there would be renewed interest).

It really is a great piece and I was surprised the alien was made of porcelain and not polystone as I thought it would be. I would have probably preferred a different color then green but it is not in your face or anything and the paint is applied very well. I like the feet and the spit coming out of the mouth (you can actually see the spit going up into his mouth too instead of it just glued on the edge hanging out) which seemed to be a couple of things people were leery about. The base is enormous which isn't so great for space considerations but it is neat with the tubes underneath the grating and the spit hanging down.

When I look at the Alien Resurrection statue recently up for preorder on Sideshow's website I think even based on the initial pictures I saw of the Attakus statue and not in hand that this one really is superior. I am surprised it lasted so long at this price. Thanks Razors Edge Collectibles!

Good move!

Hm, I didn't realize it was porcelain. I should probably read things more carefully.

Still very happy with my purchase.

You're welcome Douglas. Nice doing business with you. Enjoy the statue.

Thanks,
Mike

I actually like that it was porcelain. I already have a lot of polystone statues and this mixes it up. I would think that glossy wet look is also more natural and convincing with the porcelain although I don't have a polystone alien to compare.

How much was it?

I guess you want to know how much the one you found should go for :)
$250 is what I paid.

Bringing this thread back from the dead as I just scored a NIB one off ebay. I actually didn't even know this statue existed until a few days ago. And it looks great - it's big, has a nice diorama look with the base, the wet look... Granted, the paintjob is a little too green to be screen accurate but in all other aspects this looks very very good.

Yup, I had this piece for years.
Be aware that it is a delicate piece.
The tailpart (on the ass) is most of the times broken when je get this one 2nd handed.
Even the drool effect underneath the floor (read: base) is a part that's mostly missing.
About the sculpt. It's an awesome piece with a nice base. Still have some flaws in sculpting like the arms and tubes on the back. Not really accurate but nice and cheap piece.

Incredible statue, despite the color. Very impressed. This thing is huge!

IMG_20170108_111652_363.jpg

IMG_20170108_112054_534.jpg

Wow, I had no idea that this statue existed until I clicked on this thread! I'm going to have to track one down now :)

Personally not a fan of it, frog feet and green, but it does seem to be a copy of this weird puppet at the Stan Winston showroom.

15741192_1247765791925752_1894376101271751151_n.jpg

Personally not a fan of it, frog feet and green, but it does seem to be a copy of this weird puppet at the Stan Winston showroom.

View attachment 315221

It is not a weird puppet, it is the concept piece and original Alien Warrior, from a collector history point of view this is the real deal and the original, the on screen was the one hacked and customized from this one to be a wearable suit while this is the actual original sculpt of an Alien Warrior, just setting the record straight as Stan Winston commented that the on screen had to be redone and is the weird puppet with tiny feet and darker color and this is the original sculpt by Stan Winston studios.

Back