att or comcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minivader

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

Moving to grand rapids, MI. And I am wondering if any freaks here have used either the AT&T or Comcast internet service? How do they compare?

Thanks for any feedback. :D

Hi All

Moving to grand rapids, MI. And I am wondering if any freaks here have used either the AT&T or Comcast internet service? How do they compare?

Thanks for any feedback. :D

I love Comcast when it comes to online. I would never use At&t. However, I do online gaming and want the fastest possible speed I can get. If I didn't do gaming I would say At&t would be fine.

Comcast is the absolute worst--in face they're changing their name to try to make people forget how bad they are because they are that bad.

They're the ones that want to make you pay $175 for unlimited internet

I would say Att. I used to have att and I loved their service. Especially their dvr service. I love being able to record more than 3 things at a time. And I loved being able to watch any recorded show on any cable box.

I am currently with comcast. I dislike their dvr service. You can't search for a movie or show that you might want to see or record. But you can with att. with comcast you have to scroll through the days and hours manually, instead of type in what you want.

Also, you can record only 2 things at once. So if you want to record 2 and watch another, sorry, cant do that.

Let's see....that's all I can really think of. Maybe I just got too spoiled with att.

You can't search for a movie or show that you might want to see or record. But you can with att. with comcast you have to scroll through the days and hours manually, instead of type in what you want.

Actually, you can type in exactly which show you want to record, using Comcast. I do it all the time.

The ATT DVR thingy sounds cool, but I absolutely love the high speed internet Comcast provides. I also think cable will leave DSL in the dust as time goes by.

I also have Comcast cable internet and love it. Super fast, never had any problems.

My boss has DSL and it sucks. Not AT&T but another company. It's always acting up - and it's super slow compared to cable.

I have AT & T for my internet and though it's okay, better than dialup anyday, it's slower than cable and more expensive.

I know in the thread where people were testing their internet speed, Comcast won big time over AT&T.

At&t doesn't have a true tech dept. for assistance with your modem/router..they will only help you does basic things to see if it helps. If it doesn't they refer you to an outside service that charges a lot. Plus if your modem/router breaks down it's only under warranty for a year and then you have to pay them for another one and I had 2 break...luckily for me they were both within a year. At least that was my experience. I have comcast and love the speed and reliability. Comcast's guide for their cable(t.v.) is archaic though compared to the satellite providers and they need to update it but it works so I don't mind too much.

At&t doesn't have a true tech dept. for assistance with your modem/router..they will only help you does basic things to see if it helps. If it doesn't they refer you to an outside service that charges a lot. Plus if your modem/router breaks down it's only under warranty for a year and then you have to pay them for another one and I had 2 break...luckily for me they were both within a year. At least that was my experience. I have comcast and love the speed and reliability. Comcast's guide for their cable(t.v.) is archaic though compared to the satellite providers and they need to update it but it works so I don't mind too much.

:lecture When you call AT&T service, first you get a computer, if that doesn't work, then you get someone from India, who will usually tell you to get a tech to come out which will cost you alot. 9 times out of 10 it's the ____ty modem that they have and you'll have to replace it at your expense after a year. Don't get it from them because you can find it cheaper at Best Buy or Amazon.

In other words......get Comcast. Wish we had it here.

I would go with comcast. Really good speeds for gaming. Also, call them when you order it. You can negotiate good deals, such as a free modem, free installation, no sign up fee etc, if you commit to a contract with them. Just remember to be very nice to the rep you talk to. I just kept asking, "Could you ask your supervisor if you can throw in...."

Ok well since there is no search feature on my remote, someone want to tell me how it goes?

Back